Outback Bowl Pre-Game Thread

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The. Way I see it ! IU has one more door to knock down. That is winning a bowl game. We need to focus on the bid we got and not what we didn’t. 
I thought it was interesting that Tom Allan got and explanation as to why we got past up.  He said it didn’t satisfy him,but he is moving on. I would like to hear the explanation also and what our administration responded! 

I've been holding my nose but this this is bull$@/!.  Ole Miss has a long history of cheating and generally sucking ass. This is the last team in the SEC I would want to see IU play. They suck.

I am pissed and this selection is Bull$/!@.  Censor me I dont care. 

We should be in the fiesta bowl at the very least!  Oregon and Iowa St?  Their history sucks too but IU a much better year. 

Who's a$$ do I need to kick?  

9 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I've been holding my nose but this this is bullshit.  Ole Miss has a long history of cheating and generally sucking ass. This is the last team in the SEC I would want to see IU play. They suck.

I am pissed and this selection is Bullshit.  Censor me I dont care. 

We should be in the fiesta bowl at the very least!  Oregon and Iowa St?  Their history sucks too but IU a much better year. 

Who's ass do I need to kick?  

This may have been discussed ad nauseam, but I truly don't understand Northwestern being higher then us. I get why Iowa State was given our spot in the Fiesta bowl-It's total BS, but I get it-But I can't for the life of me figure out why we wouldn't have gotten the Citrus bowl? We both lost to OSU, and they have one additional loss that is FAR worse against Michigan State who we beat handily. Makes no sense.

9 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I've been holding my nose but this this is bullshit.  Ole Miss has a long history of cheating and generally sucking ass. This is the last team in the SEC I would want to see IU play. They suck.

I am pissed and this selection is Bullshit.  Censor me I dont care. 

Who's ass do I need to kick?  

Paging Mr. Barta... Mr. Gary Barta.  Please come to Whoop Ass Suite.  

With the top 2 receivers for Ole Miss opting out of the bowl game, they lose 55.3% of their receiving yards, 54.6% of their receptions, and 50% of their receiving touchdowns.

Another thing to watch is their kicker.  He only went 4-6 on field goals this year, and 43-45 on extra points.  he only made one kick of 30 yards or longer, and missed both kicks that were longer than 40.  In his career, he is 2-12 on field goals of 40+ yards, and he's missed 6 extra points.  For reference, Campbell is already 5-6 on kicks of 40+ yards, and 24-24 on extra points in his career.

They didn't have a lot of drives end in field goal attempts, and that is one area that we've been really good at.  We have the #1 redzone defense in the country.  I wish I could find points per red zone possession as I think that's a way better stat, but this was all I could find.  If we can force them to kick field goals instead of getting touchdowns, that would be a big difference.

Our football team plays against the football team at the University of Mississippi come Jan 2nd. 

Ole Miss plays against an entire untied Hoosier front. From fanbase to players to alumni to cheerleaders to athletic trainers... we're together. We've been ridiculed, we've been mocked, we won't quit.  

Respect everyone, fear no one. Its a bad f****** time to be a rebel on Jan 2nd. Leave no doubt. LEO 

4 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

It just shows how much character he has and want to set that example for his team.

Seriously.. as a parent.. how would you say no to Tom Allen? Especially as a single mother, I am just in awe of him. I would trust him with my life, because I would know my life means more to him than his own. That's powerful. 

6 hours ago, Leathernecks said:

Haven't watched it yet, but here it is.

Tom Allen is pure class. If I were in his position, my presser would have been filled with enough obscenities to make Bob Knight blush. 

Yeah, we took it up the posterior with a 40-grit condom. Let's check the box for "Bowl Win This Century", show off for some recruits and lock and reload for 2021. 

I have had the conversation with @jblaz13in the past about 5 star recruits.  I used to think it would take us a while to build up to that, but who knows anymore.  Like @btownqb said, who wouldn't want to go play for him?

As annoyed as everyone is about us getting screwed, Allen said the hell with it.  We're going to play the hand we're dealt, and we're going to kick ass doing it.  I like that Dolson was on board with it too.  I am sure he discussed things with Allen the last few weeks, and he has basically said the same thing.  Yeah, we got screwed, but we aren't going to sit and pout about it.  We're going to turn it into a life lesson and take our frustration out on Ole Miss.  I just love it.

I get that we don't have any top draft prospects in this year's class, but I would be shocked if anyone opted out of the bowl game.  It is obvious the team has bought in, and I can't imagine anybody on this team doing that.  Not saying it can't happen, but I feel pretty confident that it won't.

9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Tom Allen is pure class. If I were in his position, my presser would have been filled with enough obscenities to make Bob Knight blush. 

Yeah, we took it up the posterior with a 40-grit condom. Let's check the box for "Bowl Win This Century", show off for some recruits and lock and reload for 2021. 

It is obvious most of the teams in the B1G don't want us to be good.  We've been an easy W for the last 30 years.  IU whining and throwing fits isn't going to change anything.  The only way we're going to get respect is to earn it.  If we can keep stringing together 8+ win seasons and stay in the top 25 for a long stretch, we'll start to get to the point where we're important to the conference.  Northwestern and Wisconsin used to be in our position, and now they're passing us over for bowl games.  I can't wait until that is reversed.

There are really only 2 bad streaks left for our football team.  Winning a bowl game, and beating OSU.  Let's take one of those off the list against Ole Miss.

Archived