When you say you picked a school...

IUCrazy2

5 hours ago, FKIM01 said:

Never say never, but I still remember dad tweeting "time to be selfish" and junior saying in his decision press conference that "UK is the quickest path to those NBA millions".  Those are paraphrases since I don't have either quote in front of me, but they are at least good faith representations of what was said.  If I'm being honest, it would take me awhile to warm up to that idea after those statements and watching scumbag Cal misuse him for a season.

I think there's a certain sensation in Jr's posterior that probably have him rethinking those statements. In the old days, we'd call them pine splinters. 

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, rico said:

I don’t believe in the overemphasis on one and dones.  It’s like they act like recruiting is the end game.  News flash, it isn’t.  The goal is to win games, not win the most recruits.   The ideal is have veterans every year and sprinkle in some big talent.  Maybe two a year.  Kentucky could actually do this if they understood it.  

You might not like Cal but you can't say he doesn't win alot at Kentucky.

I don't like the guy but I DON'T think he cheats.  I think he is a slimy car salesman of a guy. But if you asked me if i wanted these results over the last 10 years, i would be hard pressed to say i no.  And even with how bad they are having this year, i bet they still end up with 20 wins.

image.png.58c78e2c8535c672b4276c4c2b0f1cc7.png

I read another article with Cal with him calling Brooks the leader of the team and they were just waiting on him to play when he felt ready. He said Brooks was the vocal leader in the locker room. Sounded to me like doctors said its ok but Brooks wasnt ready. That was after the Pro day workout.

19 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I don't like the guy but I DON'T think he cheats.  I think he is a slimy car salesman of a guy. But if you asked me if i wanted these results over the last 10 years, i would be hard pressed to say i no.  And even with how bad they are having this year, i bet they still end up with 20 wins.

Does he cheat, no, Cal,  i'm guessing doesn't get his hands dirty. Those around him on the other hand. Do you think K gave Zion the house and 3 new cars himself, no, but the people around him did. Anthony Davis asked for 100,000 from a hand full of schools, he didn't give UK a pass.

46 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

Bet they get 20 wins?  LOL  They better go undefeated in SEC play...

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Tell that to Marcus Camby and Derrick Rose...

I was referencing Kentucky and you know it.  Innocent until tried, judged and convicted.  Innocent until guilty.  Although i think he cheated at his previos 2 places along with everyone else.  He just did it well enough to not get caught in it.

At Kentucky, i don't think he needs too.  Its like Blue chips.  The family has been doing it for years before him and will for years after him.  Just like the SEC in football.

But i don't think he does it himself.  I don't like the guy.  I don't like Kentucky.  I like averaging an Elite 8 over 10 years though.

3 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I was referencing Kentucky and you know it.  Innocent until tried, judged and convicted.  Innocent until guilty.  Although i think he cheated at his previos 2 places along with everyone else.  He just did it well enough to not get caught in it.

At Kentucky, i don't think he needs too.  Its like Blue chips.  The family has been doing it for years before him and will for years after him.  Just like the SEC in football.

But i don't think he does it himself.  I don't like the guy.  I don't like Kentucky.  I like averaging an Elite 8 over 10 years though.

OK...A coach who has a history of underhanded dealings goes to a school that's been implicated numerous times for violations over the years (including point shaving and giving recruits money...Hello Chris Mills) and you think everything is on the up and up? 

As I said, leopards never change their spots...

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

Does he cheat, no, Cal,  i'm guessing doesn't get his hands dirty. Those around him on the other hand. Do you think K gave Zion the house and 3 new cars himself, no, but the people around him did. Anthony Davis asked for 100,000 from a hand full of schools, he didn't give UK a pass.

Don't disagree.  But they play the game with the same rules as everyone else.  Being morally superior is nice and all.  But if everyone is playing in the gray, and we're itill in the white, eventually the line will move and gray will become white and we will be left behind.  I am not advocating for outright cheating.  But push the envelop a bit and maybe not hamstring your sporting departments

Just now, IUFLA said:

OK...A coach who has a history of underhanded dealings goes to a school that's been implicated numerous times for violations over the years (including point shaving and giving recruits money...Hello Chris Mills) and you think everything is on the up and up? 

As I said, leopards never change their spots...

And as i said.  Its Kentucky, they have always had a good basketball program and always treated player like gods.  Don't think he needs to there.  But i could be wrong.  Unfortunately, he is innocent until proven guilty.  Guilting in the public eye isn't guilty until someone can actually prove it.

5 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

And as i said.  Its Kentucky, they have always had a good basketball program and always treated player like gods.  Don't think he needs to there.  But i could be wrong.  Unfortunately, he is innocent until proven guilty.  Guilting in the public eye isn't guilty until someone can actually prove it.

In reality, he is either guilty or not guilty; he is PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty according to law.

Standard for criminal trial > standard for civic trial > the standard on an opposing teams fan board  (where circumstantial evidence is sufficient).

I think we can safely convict Cal as a cheater by fan board standards. 

Just now, GaloisGroupe said:

In reality, he is either guilty or not guilty; he is PRESUMED innocent until proven guilty according to law.

Standard for criminal trial > standard for civic trial > the on an opposing teams fan board  (where circumstantial evidence is sufficient).

I think we can safely convict Cal as a cheater by fan board standards. 

True, we can as a fan base blast him for all its worth. But he has never been brought up on charges and has never been sanctioned or censored by the NCAA or any other sanctioning/governing body.  Therefore presume innocent by all accounts.  Don't get me wrong, i think he cheated at UMass, still not 100% about the Derek Rose thing, not sure that was him but he could have been involved for all i know.  As for Kentucky, just don't see he needs too.  I think the undercurrent, back alley, friends of the family have always taken care of UK basketball.  And don't forget, it can see like no other.  It only took 1 good showing (year 1 and 2) to prove he could do it and everyone flocked to him

Or he could be handing out $100 bills like they are candy at practice for all i know.

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

True, we can as a fan base blast him for all its worth. But he has never been brought up on charges and has never been sanctioned or censored by the NCAA or any other sanctioning/governing body.  Therefore presume innocent by all accounts.  Don't get me wrong, i think he cheated at UMass, still not 100% about the Derek Rose thing, not sure that was him but he could have been involved for all i know.  As for Kentucky, just don't see he needs too.  I think the undercurrent, back alley, friends of the family have always taken care of UK basketball.  And don't forget, it can see like no other.  It only took 1 good showing (year 1 and 2) to prove he could do it and everyone flocked to him

Or he could be handing out $100 bills like they are candy at practice for all i know.

That money ain't gonna get them 20 wins this year.

On 12/27/2020 at 1:51 PM, rico said:

Like I said, we got a big lecture from that family about how awful the fans are and how entitled we are and we are currently on a run where we have made the NCAA tournament 10 times since Bob Knight was fired, only 4 times in the last decade.  We have been to one Final Four in that almost 20 year timeframe.  These guys are on their second "bad" year in 12 years and have enjoyed an 80% win rate over that timeframe, 1 NCAA championship, and several deep tournament runs and look at them.  "We are Kentucky, we deserve better than this...."  Throwing the coach and players under the bus....we have a poster that likes to say that the Indiana fans hurt the program.  Frankly, I think the Indiana fans are the only blue blood fans who would have put up with this for the past 20 years without going nuclear on the University.  That has been to our detriment as we have people in charge who know that they have about 7 or 8 years now before things get ugly.  At the other schools you don't hear about, "well you need 5 years to field a competitive team..."  That is nonsense.  In an era where so many kids are in and out of a program in one or two years, the "it takes 5" crowd are kidding themselves.

I have said it before and will say it again.  The only thing that has been elite about this program since Knight was fired are the fans.  And as someone else posted, those fans are dying off and not being replaced by the next generation.  The University had slowly been killing its #1 connection to the community.  People who did not go to the school supported it because of the b-ball team.  People chose the school because of their connection to the team growing up.  That is not happening now.

6 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

We are not a court; we do not HAVE TO presume innocence. If evidence suggests he is guilty we are allowed to go with the evidence. It does not have to be beyond a reasonable doubt. 

As far as being sanctioned by the NCAA, I think we can assume that does not mean much.

Do I know that he cheats? No, but given his track record I sleep well at night assuming he does (probably "indirectly").

3 minutes ago, GaloisGroupe said:

We are not a court; we do not HAVE TO presume innocence. If evidence suggests he is guilty we are allowed to go with the evidence. It does not have to be beyond a reasonable doubt. 

As far as being sanctioned by the NCAA, I think we can assume that does not mean much.

Do I know that he cheats? No, but given his track record I sleep well at night assuming he does (probably "indirectly").

i don't disagree with you.  But we can only assume he cheats.  Your opinion on it and mine bare the same weight.  They both mean nothing.  Happy holidays

1 minute ago, GaloisGroupe said:

John Chaney knew a rat when he saw one...

Just now, IUFLA said:

John Chaney knew a rat when he saw one...

I just don't like roasting people without hard evidence.  There are to many people in today social media society that have their live and careers ruined based on the public opinion without any real evidence.  Look at Jonny Depp.  Blasted for being a woman/spouse beater and it come to find out it was the other way around.  But it doesn't matter now, the court of public opinion had already played judge jury and executioner.

Yes Cal probably cheated and maybe he does cheat at UK, but i don't know that so i give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.  Just who i am

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I just don't like roasting people without hard evidence.  There are to many people in today social media society that have their live and careers ruined based on the public opinion without any real evidence.  Look at Jonny Depp.  Blasted for being a woman/spouse beater and it come to find out it was the other way around.  But it doesn't matter now, the court of public opinion had already played judge jury and executioner.

Yes Cal probably cheated and maybe he does cheat at UK, but i don't know that so i give him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.  Just who i am

Don't worry about Cal's career.  Cheating or not, he is still a wealthy man.

Archived