It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well the next month or so will be interesting with people trying to read every little thing that they hear.  I imagine some will try to monitor the flights coming in and out of Bloomington.  Like tonight with the cancellation of the radio show where everyone jumped to some conclusions.  If you just thought about it you would realize they were traveling.

I stopped looking at the schedule some time ago. Had no idea there was a game tomorrow honestly.

9 minutes ago, Artesian_86 said:

That guy does....

but, not THIS Aquaman....He can wrestle a shark!

B83D8DF0-3A42-4C12-827B-13B3E7C32DBE.gif

The redo of Aquaman is one of the best in comic book history. Zack Snyder rebirths that character

Note: I’m a huge Snyder fan, can’t wait for March 18th and the REAL Justice League release as it should’ve been. 💪🏻

image.gif.147061e63fa6382721884c3a8eae328f.gif

33 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

The redo of Aquaman is one of the best in comic book history. Zack Snyder rebirths that character

Note: I’m a huge Snyder fan, can’t wait for March 18th and the REAL Justice League release as it should’ve been. 💪🏻

image.gif.147061e63fa6382721884c3a8eae328f.gif

I actually am a huge man of steel fan. The directors cut of BvS was okay in my opinion.  I look forward to the Justice league movie.  

7 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I actually am a huge man of steel fan. The directors cut of BvS was okay in my opinion.  I look forward to the Justice league movie.  

Watching MoS right now...

Loved BvS (only Ultimate Edition for sure)

Wonder Woman was SOLID 

JL sucked so I’m super excited for Zack’s...4 hours long and only approx 30min of the original JL is a part of it. 😎

13 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Watching MoS right now...

Loved BvS (only Ultimate Edition for sure)

Wonder Woman was SOLID 

JL sucked so I’m super excited for Zack’s...4 hours long and only approx 30min of the original JL is a part of it. 😎

Hadn’t heard the 30 minute fact.  That’s a good thing for sure. 

BvS the only thing that really held me back from outright liking it is Luther. Just too eccentric.  I get what they were going for but just didn’t work for me.  

I also kinda think they should have had a fight before Batman was ready.  Prior to Superman wrecking the bat mobile.  

It’s little stuff for the most part. 

I love Wonder Woman the trench scene is one of my all time favorite action scenes in a movie. And I’m not sure if I have ever seen a scene that makes a hero seem more heroic. 

5 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Hadn’t heard the 30 minute fact.  That’s a good thing for sure. 

BvS the only thing that really held me back from outright liking it is Luther. Just too eccentric.  I get what they were going for but just didn’t work for me.  

I also kinda think they should have had a fight before Batman was ready.  Prior to Superman wrecking the bat mobile.  

It’s little stuff for the most part. 

I love Wonder Woman the trench scene is one of my all time favorite action scenes in a movie. And I’m not sure if I have ever seen a scene that makes a hero seem more heroic. 

Love your thoughts! Gal is cast amazingly well, acts the part impeccably, has the look, temperament, etc of a Warrior Princess like she should be. They wrote her SO well and she took what they wrote and blew it up. The trench scene is my second favorite to when she drops in to save Batman in BvS. But the trench scene IS epic. Big time. It’s my daughters favorite WW moment. 

I’m so happy Gal Gadot made that heroine epic because it helps little girls have a dream to be special. :)

And yes...approximately 75% of JL we saw is not Snyder’s. He’s taking no pay to finish this. He’s truly an artist with passion...like him or not. And his crew LOVES him. Seems like a great guy. And wow he hides a crap ton of theological and philosophical meanings in his DCEU 5 movie arch. That’s what I’m most excited about seeing in JL...the continuing of those motifs.

Sorry everyone cut me some slack I’m enjoying coming back to this board. :))

14 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

Love your thoughts! Gal is cast amazingly well, acts the part impeccably, has the look, temperament, etc of a Warrior Princess like she should be. They wrote her SO well and she took what they wrote and blew it up. The trench scene is my second favorite to when she drops in to save Batman in BvS. But the trench scene IS epic. Big time. It’s my daughters favorite WW moment. 

I’m so happy Gal Gadot made that heroine epic because it helps little girls have a dream to be special. :)

And yes...approximately 75% of JL we saw is not Snyder’s. He’s taking no pay to finish this. He’s truly an artist with passion...like him or not. And his crew LOVES him. Seems like a great guy. And wow he hides a crap ton of theological and philosophical meanings in his DCEU 5 movie arch. That’s what I’m most excited about seeing in JL...the continuing of those motifs.

Sorry everyone cut me some slack I’m enjoying coming back to this board. :))

Well hopefully if Justice League is well received he can finish out his planned story with a special graphic novel or maybe an animated movie. 

And the whole motif of Superman is well done.  I had a friend say it was weird they picked a spear and I was just “he’s a metaphor for Jesus” and my friend looked at me like he had just discovered his hands could touch each other 

Just now, Brass Cannon said:

Well hopefully if Justice League is well received he can finish out his planned story with a special graphic novel or maybe an animated movie. 

And the whole motif of Superman is well done.  I had a friend say it was weird they picked a spear and I was just “he’s a metaphor for Jesus” and my friend looked at me like he had just discovered his hands could touch each other 

exactly lol

The hidden crosses at the death of Superman in the back ground, horses at FOUR specific times of death in BvS (The Four Horsemen), the OBVIOUS Superman positions floating under the water and falling out of the space craft as Christ, him inthe church with the Jesus Stained glass in The garden of Gethsemane as he is struggling with handing himself over to Zod and earth, walking down the hallway cuffed by guards walking to face “the authorities,” Kal El means “voice of God” in Hebrew, Kal El dies at 33 years of age, his “earthly father” is no longer around when he “begins his ministry” aka he establishes himself as Superman... it goes on and on. Some not so subtle. But I LOVE IT. 

We’ve had amazing theological and philosophical discussions as a family thru these movies. My 9 year old son and 13 year old daughter have asked tons of questions about Jesus...idc if it’s because they want to see more imagery in these movies. 😆 

4 hours ago, IU Scott said:

So you would think differently if the tournament wasn't in Indiana. To me that had nothing to do with whether or not we should keep Archie.

Never said I would think differently.  They should be making it period.  But I think the majority of fans, clearly not you, would be even more disappointed in the fact we could of had the team playing an NCAA tournament game in assembly hall.  That chance will likely never happen again.  How does that not make it a little more sad?

4 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Never said I would think differently.  They should be making it period.  But I think the majority of fans, clearly not you, would be even more disappointed in the fact we could of had the team playing an NCAA tournament game in assembly hall.  That chance will likely never happen again.  How does that not make it a little more sad?

I am disappointed but they couldn't play in AH even if they make the tournament because you can't play on your hime court.

22 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I like the cartoon classics

image.jpeg.d80fc52b428e55b82fc3f0456a5d6293.jpeg

I watched some on YouTube a couple years ago and my freshman in HS boy was jaw dropped at the blatant violence. 😂 He was like “omg dad little kids everywhere watched this and didn’t flip out!” 

“YES SON THEY DIDN’T FLIP OUT!!”

Favorite character was FogHorn Leghorn...

”that gals about as sharp as a bowling ball.”

3 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Really didn’t know they had that as a rule.  Well I like bankers life a lot more as an arena anyways 😊 

Purdue won't be able to play in Mackey.  It has been a rule since like 87 that teams can't play on their home court in the tournament.

1 minute ago, BADGERVOL said:

I watched some on YouTube a couple years ago and my freshman in HS boy was jaw dropped at the blatant violence. 😂 He was like “omg dad little kids everywhere watched this and didn’t flip out!” 

“YES SON THEY DIDN’T FLIP OUT!!”

I guess ME TV shows some of them at 7am

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Purdue won't be able to play in Mackey.  It has been a rule since like 87 that teams can't play on their home court in the tournament.

Kind of strange as it’s not like fans won’t take the short drive around the state.  But I guess the closer it is the more likely tickets get scalped for the home team even if they do even ticket distribution to both teams.  Also as they get further into the tournament you can’t move the location of a big game though it’s at a “neutral” site.  But I wouldn’t  consider Indy neutral for IU in normal times.  I actually find this a strange rule the more I think about it to some degree.

Just now, iuthruandthru said:

Kind of strange as it’s not like fans won’t take the short drive around the state.  But I guess the closer it is the more likely tickets get scalped for the home team even if they do even ticket distribution to both teams.  Also as they get further into the tournament you can’t move the location of a big game though it’s at a “neutral” site.  But I wouldn’t  consider Indy neutral for IU in normal times.  I actually find this a strange rule the more I think about it to some degree.

I know in the past when Indy had the 1st and 2nd round and Butler was the sponsored team for this region.  Butler couldn't even lay at the Hoosier Dome even though it was not their home court.

2 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

I remember in 81 that IU hosted the Mideast regional and IU got to play the sweet 16 and elite 8 games at home.  The whole crowd except for a couple of hundred people the rest was IU crowd.  I know PU in the mid 80's had to play a 1st round game  twice on LSU and Memphis home court.  They thought playing on a team's home court in the tournament was an unfair advantage.  Even when IU played in Indy in the tournament it was an unfair advantage with the amount of IU fans.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

I remember in 81 that IU hosted the Mideast regional and IU got to play the sweet 16 and elite 8 games at home.  The whole crowd except for a couple of hundred people the rest was IU crowd.  I know PU in the mid 80's had to play a 1st round game  twice on LSU and Memphis home court.  They thought playing on a team's home court in the tournament was an unfair advantage.  Even when IU played in Indy in the tournament it was an unfair advantage with the amount of IU fans.

And that makes sense to for back in the day.  With the way fans travel now I just wonder if this is still what would happen.  Guess it also depends on the size of the school you play.  A Kentucky vs MSU in Detroit might be more even of fans in than a MSU vs Loyola Chicago.  So that actually helps make sense of it except don’t a lot of teamS usually play in the first round close to home, especially the high seeds?  May not be a home game but odds are you would still have the major of fans.

3 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

And that makes sense to for back in the day.  With the way fans travel now I just wonder if this is still what would happen.  Guess it also depends on the size of the school you play.  A Kentucky vs MSU in Detroit might be more even of fans in than a MSU vs Loyola Chicago.  So that actually helps make sense of it except don’t a lot of teamS usually play in the first round close to home, especially the high seeds?  May not be a home game but odds are you would still have the major of fans.

Yes they play close to home but you can't play in your actual home court.  Today most of the sites are more of the big NBA arenas and not in anyone's home court so it doesn't come in play. Use to most of the 1st/2nd round were played in college arenas but the home team not allowed to play there.

Archived