It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IUrocker said:

If they are indeed getting a nibble from Beard, Drew, or Stevens, then just hurry up and throw the whole dang can of worms at them quick and grab them! Haha 

If Stevens even has interest you're not going to hear anything for a while.  Now let's say Archie gets fired next week and it's over a month from now and we still haven't hired anyone?  Time to pop the cork.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

If Stevens even has interest you're not going to hear anything for a while.  Now let's say Archie gets fired next week and it's over a month from now and we still haven't hired anyone?  Time to pop the cork.

Yep for sure. Could definitely be good news if Archie is let go right after the BTT and we not hear of a replacement until way later. I guess even if it was Beard or Drew we could hear about it after the NCAA tournament obviously, but if even after the tournament is over with and we haven’t had an announcement yet then boom. 

37 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

There’s just no way they're going to fire Archie with a $10M buyout and then bring in Enfield or Fife. It would make absolutely no sense.   Just makes me think they're getting at least a nibble from Beard, Drew, Stevens, etc.

Agreed.

If some donor(s) are going to cough up 10 million, they aren't doing it for someone like Fife. They would only do that for a home run (or at least a triple).

Which is the ONLY reason I am kinda, sorta, maybe  optimistic .... maybe...  

35 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I hope you ae right but have a feeling you will be disappointed. 

Again, have a hard time seeing Doloson convincing a donor to give 10 million dollars so they can hire a Fife level option.

Next year? Sure.... 

3 minutes ago, Fiveoutofsix said:

When they went after Daugherty he was hot.  They even got Jordan involved to put on a full court press to get him.  Didn't work out, buy at least they truly work inside out.  

At least Daugherty landed 3 top 10 recruits in one class.  That set up Roy's first NT.

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Bruner is averaging 7 points and 5 rebounds per game...same numbers Joey put up last year...And I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Joey's defensive ability, especially against bigs like Cockburn, Dickinson, and Garza...

So to get Robbins, we hire his uncle away as an associate head coach, and have the inside track...OK...There was one of the BTN shows that talked about the relationship with Ricky Jr...we weren't going to pry him away from Minny...

Haarms? He wouldn't have come to IU, and his numbers at Purdue in his last year (8 ppg, 5 rpg) aren't any better than Joey's...

Then go get a freshmen. The point still stands, Archie holds his scholarships and doesn’t use them all. So there can’t be an excuse of injuries when he doesn’t even think he needs a full roster to win. And to get Haarms, or any of the rest you need to recruit them. Archie isn’t an elite recruiter, hence IU having a roster worse than Purdue and Painter isn’t elite recruiting either. 

2 hours ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Not as a 4 year player...you knew what I meant.

Al from his first class will have 4 years in the program in 2 weeks. There isn’t a player in the program that was coached by another head coach at IU. When the rest of the class transfer away, there can’t be an excuse of of well he doesn’t have many 4 year players. Recruit better and develop better and win games. 

Archived