It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

11 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Actually he has. He recruited all the players on this team and I believe some have already graduated. Doesn’t matter if Al was originally a Crean recruit. Archie recruited him and Archie is the only one to be his head coach in college. 

Not as a 4 year player...you knew what I meant.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Feathery said:

Bruner at Alabama

Liam Robbins at Minnesota

Matt Harms at BYU

All are better than Brunk and could either start at Center or would play good minutes. Great Robbins uncle got a promotion at Missesota. IU could have offered him a  role and more money as we had an opening on staff as well. That’s the recruiting game and it’s within the rules, so play the game. Instead we have to debate a coach that needs a half decade or more to have a winning conference record. 

Bruner is averaging 7 points and 5 rebounds per game...same numbers Joey put up last year...And I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss Joey's defensive ability, especially against bigs like Cockburn, Dickinson, and Garza...

So to get Robbins, we hire his uncle away as an associate head coach, and have the inside track...OK...There was one of the BTN shows that talked about the relationship with Ricky Jr...we weren't going to pry him away from Minny...

Haarms? He wouldn't have come to IU, and his numbers at Purdue in his last year (8 ppg, 5 rpg) aren't any better than Joey's...

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Well UNC has hired their own guys Guthridge, Daugherty, Williams

True, but Guthridge doesn't count. He was on staff as a long time assistant and Smith unexpectedly stepped down 2 months before the season. Matt Doherty would be the mistake equivalent to what IU would make with the names mentioned. What's interesting is his record over three seasons was 53-43, 23-25 in ACC, and finished 1st, 7th and 6th in ACC. Those results ended his tenure at UNC.

We don't have a Roy Williams.

23 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

I produced a link to a list of immediately eligible grad transfers in my answer to @IUCrazy2...Who would you have liked for IU to went after?

Repost of the link

The Bruner kid that went to Alabama is 6'9" and doing 7 pts/4 rebs.  Johnson that went to Minnesota is 6'8" and is doing 8.7/5.9.

I didn't completely go through the list.  The kid that went to Michigan was out there.  There were a few options.  And those guys are not world beaters but they are putting up stats better than Joey/Race did last year.  Race is slightly higher this year...but options were out there.

13 hours ago, NotIThatLives said:

I could see Galloway and Leal having an effect like Olidipo and Sheehey did their freshman to sophomore off season.  It was rumored that them along with Hulls led a relentless grind that changed the culture.  They all decided they were sick of losing. 

They went 12-20 to 27-9.  Big big roster differences.  I'm hoping we see Galloway and Leal as juniors and seniors with studs all around them and them being the culture leaders.  I think Geronimo can play a major role here as well but I single those 2 out as raised Hoosiers.  

Now it's up to the coach to surround them with more talent willing to work.  

Another Cody Zeller would do wonders.

12 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Saw that the insider on the other board said he was told IU has reached out to Andy Enfield. Surely there are others, I would hope, knowing that’s the case. Sounds like a pretty unexciting choice to me if true. 

Color me unimpressed. If they fire CAM...they damn well better have someone lined up who will not be a huge gamble.

21 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Saw that the insider on the other board said he was told IU has reached out to Andy Enfield. Surely there are others, I would hope, knowing that’s the case. Sounds like a pretty unexciting choice to me if true. 

I would take all of the rumors from this point on with a massive grain of salt. 

10 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Color me unimpressed. If they fire CAM...they damn well better have someone lined up who will not be a huge gamble.

And or someone who makes the base even MORE apathetic. Obviously we want a proven name and proven success as a Head Coach. If we can’t I’d rather have a young potential up and coming name.

The only positive you have with a young up and comer is there’s still blind hope. That this young man hasn’t had his chance yet, and COULD be good. That he has as good of a resume as one can have based on his age and limited chances...but this is his big shot.

I’d rather take a shot at another person like an Archie was OR some young asst (yes I’m conceding MAYBE a Fife... 😬) then taking a guy who’s had many years of mediocre results and hoping that somehow a change in scenery will make him explode and become so much better than he’s proved he is.

If a “pie in the sky” candidate is I’m possible (ex: Stevens), and we can’t lure away an almost can’t misses (ex: Drew), then I’d rather go with a young up and comer that’s an asst or head coach of small D1 (ex: Fife) then a burnt out retread who we HOPE finds a miracle “fit” here (ex: Alford).

For where we are apathy wise as a base, seems it would help more to sell what could be and if we hit gold will be our coach for 20-30 years, then try to sell “I know he’s been coaching 20 years and never has been what we want, BUT let’s get pumped that it’s gonna be different this time!!” 🤦🏻‍♂️

24 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

Likely a smokescreen. 

1 minute ago, BGleas said:

True that. I’m just wondering that if just reaching out is true, regardless of who it is, it means something could be planning on being done this year instead of next.

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I was just thinking after I posted that I hope this is a diversionary tactic by administration...I wish I trusted the powers that be more, but we'll find out soon enough I suppose how competent they are.

Just now, FritzIam4IU said:

I was just thinking after I posted that I hope this is a diversionary tactic by administration...I wish I trusted the powers that be more, but we'll find out soon enough I suppose how competent they are.

I'd bet it has absolutely nothing to do with the administration. 

1 hour ago, Steubenhoosier said:

Never heard any one with any sort of credibility call IU the laughingstock of the conference. In fact, in one of the recent games, a coach (anonymously) was quoted that”IU could beat any team in the conference.”

Really doesn’t matter if the end goal of a team was to win a championship or merely to make the tournament, if injuries played a factor in them attaining that goal, then they meant something.

If the top sign salesman in your company didn’t meet his sales goal due to the pandemic, and you as the #4 guy didn’t meet yours for the same reason, the bottom line is that neither of you met expectations, and both of you have a valid explanation why. Just because the #1 guy’s bar was set higher doesn’t mean your reason for missing the mark is any less valid than his.

Right now the bar is not set too high for sure. Just making tournament would make me happy.  Now if Tom Purdue kills Jim Hoosier 8 straight sales cycles we will probably have a serious conversation 

Career Overall   329 193 136 .587 8.04 4.99          
  Florida Gulf Coast   69 41 28 .594 0.18 -2.01          
  Southern California   260 152 108 .585 10.01 6.73          
2011-12 Florida Gulf Coast A-Sun 32 15 17 .469 -2.41 -1.96          
2012-13 Florida Gulf Coast A-Sun 37 26 11 .703 2.76 -2.07       Conf. Tournament Champion; NCAA Tournament  

2013-14 Southern California Pac-12 32 11 21 .344 2.60 8.02          
2014-15 Southern California Pac-12 32 12 20 .375 2.15 6.15          
2015-16 Southern California Pac-12 34 21 13 .618 13.52 7.64   21   NCAA Tournament  
2016-17 Southern California Pac-12 36 26 10 .722 11.48 6.40   22   NCAA Tournament  
2017-18 Southern California Pac-12 36 24 12 .667 12.82 6.29 10 10      
2018-19 Southern California Pac-12 33 16 17 .485 8.23 4.96          
2019-20 Southern California Pac-12 31 22 9 .710 11.51 7.22          
2020-21 Southern California Pac-12 26 20 6 .769 17.78 7.20   17      

Not real impressive

2 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Likely a smokescreen. 

Right, I’ve thought that as well and agree. There’s probably gonna be a wide net of names being cast out in the pool, upsetting the fans with the choices, and then out of left field, boom, it’s Brad Stevens, lol. But yeah I bet there’s gonna be names thrown out there that really aren’t in the running at all I would guess. 

4 hours ago, IUFLA said:

And there's the key...

To be honest, from the group of names I see people mention as a viable replacement, there are only one or two that could do what you say in the rest of your post. And they would be difficult to get to IU. 

If Dolson decides to make a change, it's gotta be a home run, and he knows it. This is the hire, if made, that's going to define his AD tenure at IU. He was there during the 1985 "Season on the Brink" and the 1987 Championship team. He saw what a dysfunctional team looks like and the difference a couple of complimentary players can make when added to a solid core. 

It's just my belief, and a few others, that giving CAM next year in the face of all the obstacles he's faced in his time at IU is the right thing to do. I think he's got a pretty good core of players, and the additions might just be what we need.

No one has to agree with that opinion but I'd hope people would at least respect my right to express it.

I was scolded by a poster on this board for "the way you talk to people." I was told "that's not what this board is about." Yet I had people following every post I made with the anti-Archie stuff. Even pre game stuff that I tried to provide. Simply because I had a different opinion than they do.

I have no issue with anything you have ever said. I respect your opinion and.yiu are entitled to it and none of us should make that an issue. If we all agreed there would be no need for this place and I love this place and all but 2 or 3 people love it when IU is winning 

I’m wondering, if he is for sure gonna be gone this year, would they most likely wait until they lose their game in the BTT? I’ve seen others say he ought to be gone after today’s game if we lose, but a part of me thinks the admin would wait til the season is completely done. 

2 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I’m wondering, if he is for sure gonna be gone this year, would they most likely wait until they lose their game in the BTT? I’ve seen others say he ought to be gone after today’s game if we lose, but a part of me thinks the admin would wait til the season is completely done. 

I would assume if their is a change to be made it would be when the season is over.

3 minutes ago, IUrocker said:

I think it would be more typical for college hoops and IU to wait till after loss in BTT

Archived