Potential replacement coaches

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, IU_Realist said:

Yup go doesn’t know the recruiting world and would be dumpster diving.  

To make a bold statement like Dolson did with Archie, it’s to make a bold hire.   This would basically be the opposite... (or I guess bold in a very off there wall way)!    But just don’t see it happening. 

5 minutes ago, Bustout said:

To make a bold statement like Dolson did with Archie, it’s to make a bold hire.   This would basically be the opposite... (or I guess bold in a very off there wall way)!    But just don’t see it happening. 

It doesn’t fit any narrative he has said.  I thought we took other people’s coaches.  I guess he meant assistant coaches if Woodson was the case....

I don’t think it will be Woodson.  I think it will be a big college coach hire.  I am just tired of the IU alumni nonsense being pushed by people.  

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Just heard on a podcast that it is 15 mil to go to UT and 12 mil for the rest of the big 12. Every place else it is 3 mil.

This is my choice. After hearing he walked his team around AH talking about the different IU teams and the history, he might get it from working for coach Knight and being close to Pat. also on staff with Stew Robinson.

10 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Dude, come on...I am NOT comparing Archie's overall record to Beard's...I took what was a valid comparison of 2 years to demonstrate why I didn't think Beard was a home run hire...That's it...nothing more...

He had 1 really good, and one great year...I'm not touting him for the Mt Rushmore of college coaching just yet...

Here’s the difference in my opinion.... archie had the top school in Indiana to recruit for and also can easily be the top big ten school in landing recruits.... Texas tech isn’t even the top school in Texas and middle of the pack in the big 12 for kids to come play at... to me that makes a big difference in comparing the two schools... if Archie was at Texas tech what recruits would he have gotten last 4 years? Same as beard? Better? Worse? What would their record be based off of him at IU? Now look at Beard to me he would get wayyyyy better recruits than Archie because not only would he have gotten Romeo and whoever else he wanted but he probably gets TK, Aaron Henry, etc... style of play and Charisma matter and Archie didn’t wasn’t good at either.

9 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Enfield is highly unlikely:

In December 2019, USC received a notice of allegations from the NCAA related to former assistant coach Tony Bland, who was sentenced to two years of probation after pleading guilty to conspiracy to commit bribery. Bland admitted to accepting a bribe to direct recruits to a specific advisor during their recruitment.

Asked if that investigation would play a role in deciding whether to extend Enfield’s contract, Bohn said, “I think that you have to look at all those aspects. We’ll see how all those different pieces come together, but again, I think what Andy and his staff and these players have done is a special season and I think it’s really important to focus on that.”

He also had some rumors he was cheating at FGCU too.

Like seriously, a “national” college basketball “reporter” is trashing/trolling the school which is hosting this years March Madness. 

this dude is supposed to be a professional reporter not a damn internet troll. 

if he wants to be an internet troll then stadium should fire him. 

Isiah Thomas if going to be hired as the next coach.  He is going to stand in and keep the program together for a few months.  Then Brad stevens is going to finish out his season in Boston and leave for IU.  It’s all part of the plan to allow Brad to finish out the season in Boston with no more IU related distractions.

4 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Isiah Thomas if going to be hired as the next coach.  He is going to stand in and keep the program together for a few months.  Then Brad stevens is going to finish out his season in Boston and leave for IU.  It’s all part of the plan to allow Brad to finish out the season in Boston with no more IU related distractions.

Would be awesome but been burnt by BS and media already. Too soon for me to believe that.

10 hours ago, ThePaulieWalnuts said:

I heard Jeff Goodman sleeps with farm animals.

I am not on Twitter but if I was I would ask him if he is still sucking teenage boys butts to try and find out where they are going to college for a paycheck I think people like him are disgusting and worthless. I consider the crystal ball people the same 

8 hours ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Here’s the difference in my opinion.... archie had the top school in Indiana to recruit for and also can easily be the top big ten school in landing recruits.... Texas tech isn’t even the top school in Texas and middle of the pack in the big 12 for kids to come play at... to me that makes a big difference in comparing the two schools... if Archie was at Texas tech what recruits would he have gotten last 4 years? Same as beard? Better? Worse? What would their record be based off of him at IU? Now look at Beard to me he would get wayyyyy better recruits than Archie because not only would he have gotten Romeo and whoever else he wanted but he probably gets TK, Aaron Henry, etc... style of play and Charisma matter and Archie didn’t wasn’t good at either.

But I never compared Miller's overall record to Beard. That's what @KoB2011 isn't seeing. I highlighted one year of Archie's (last year) to one years of Beard's (this year) to support my opinion that Beard was not a "home run" hire. There are very few of those out there, and we're not even in the running for any of them.

Is Beard a better coach than Archie? Based on results at P6 schools I think you'd have to give him the edge. I don't think he's a "massive upgrade." He's had a few mediocre years. 

And I think for the amount of money we'd have to throw at him to get him to Bloomington, which would get his salary at the level of the "home runs" we're not getting the sure thing some believe.

6 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

Honestly, I'd take this.  I still think Stevens is a great coach.  I think he said what he did to quiet it down, even if he did turn down an offer from IU.  Having said that, while I laughed along with others at your statement, honestly maybe it makes sense and maybe this whole things happens.  

That having been said, firmly believe Dolson is who should be the AD at IU; I trust in his decision-making process; he has shown he can be a leader.  We don't know the behind the scenes and really no need for us to know all the details.  That's his job, and I much prefer how this process is going versus a panicked situation that might produce unsatisfactory results. By all accounts, this is proceeding in a very methodical manner. 

I think at the end of the day, IU will get a coach that's well-suited to the job.

All, please don’t laugh me off the board but had this thought today, after removing myself from the emotion of this week.  

Let’s say the rumor going around that Zeke is going to serve as caretaker of the program in the interim, AND, that he was with Dolson when or as they were seeking to close in on Stevens. 

A plan was hatched for an emphatic denial to allow Stevens to finish the year in Boston, his rejection of rumors had to be over-the-top from our side of the fence, which it was, to crush the noise for now.  Zeke tends the joint until the NBA season is over, and Brad Stevens had been planning all along to come home.  

Further, the recent Woodson rumors are smokescreen to shut off the Stevens noise and nothing else.  Look, for me life goes on if it’s not BS, just thinking.  Good to be back with my Hoosier family.  Enjoy the games today, peeps. 

8 hours ago, iuthruandthru said:

I held out a tiny hope that all the insider optimism was correct and this was all a smokescreen to let BS finish the season, mainly because none of the other coaching options blow me away. I never let myself believe BS would actually coach at IU, especially after the last coaching change. I imagined Donovan as coach then was sort of disappointed when CAM was announced. I have no clue how all this is going to turn out, but it should be interesting.

3 minutes ago, Fundamentals said:

All, please don’t laugh me off the board but had this thought today, after removing myself from the emotion of this week.  

Let’s say the rumor going around that Zeke is going to serve as caretaker of the program in the interim, AND, that he was with Dolson when or as they were seeking to close in on Stevens. 

It would have to be clear from the beginning that IT is an interim. Otherwise, IU's reputation would be destroyed by the national media. IT has failed everywhere he's coached.

6 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

It would have to be clear from the beginning that IT is an interim. Otherwise, IU's reputation would be destroyed by the national media. IT has failed everywhere he's coached.

Even so, Hoosier, HOF’er, dynamic personality, enthusiastic alum.  He is ideal if this is the plan, and as for the National media, eh. 

Archived