Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

That was a completely different situation. Apples and oranges 

I know, but it's an example of why I take it all with a grain of salt. If Trilly was around back then he probably would've reported on the same narrative. 

At this stage of the game, any leaks come packed with an agenda. Maybe it's to get Woody fired. Maybe it's for Pearl to get an extension. And because of this I question validity of said leaks. 

If there was mutual and general interest from both parties, I have a hard time believing this info would see the light of day, simply because less than a hand full of people would even know about it. Of those people, I don't think they'd let it slip to Trilly, first hand, second or third hand. Too much would be at stake. 

I do believe that Trilly is being shared something. I just don't think that info is correct. I'd bet it's 'wish-casting' being passed down by a game of telephone. 

Again, this is not a dig on you at all. Keep brining the info....not trying to dissuade you one bit. I appreciate you sharing. 

27 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We have lost 4 of our last 5 home games.

The losses are to Nebraska, Penn State, Northwestern, and Purdue.

The average margin of those losses is 13.5.

Please end this. This is so unacceptably bad.

There just isn't much to be said other than that. 

And I see very minimal talent in any of those teams outside the 7'4 guy. 

Think if we had Brooks Barnhizer and Ace Baldwin. (maybe Ace wasn't an option because he followed his coach to PSU) but shit we'd be better with him. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RoadToZion said:

If random people on a message board know this Pearl stuff, then of course Woodson knows. So he already knows his fate? I don’t buy it. I don’t care who “trilly” is, there’s no way that Dolson reached out. Unless woody is okay with it and said he’s stepping down. Which I highly doubt. 

Maybe it is semantics but it could have all happened without Dolson doing it himself. Agents, contacts, third-wheel type people, etc. Dolson and Pearl (or any coach) can have a conversation without actually speaking to one another and allows both plausible deniability when questioned.

54 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

We have lost 4 of our last 5 home games.

The losses are to Nebraska, Penn State, Northwestern, and Purdue.

The average margin of those losses is 13.5.

Please end this. This is so unacceptably bad.

11:07am and Dolson hasn't fired him yet. I'm hoping its because the ladies have a big game tonight and Dolson doesnt want to take away from that. We can always hope....😃

• Like 2

I got my generic response from the BOT

Dear Scott,

Thank you for taking the time to write to the IU trustees to express your concerns about the men’s basketball program. I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your email in the Office of the Board of Trustees, and to note that it has been forwarded for further review/consideration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Coach Robby said:

He was cleared of that baggage. He wins wherever he goes. That's what needs to happen here ASAP

He wasn't cleared just not prosecuted. There is a huge difference because his girl friend wouldn't testify against him so they didn't have anything else to go on

This is typical abuse victims response

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

He wasn't cleared just not prosecuted. There is a huge difference because his girl friend wouldn't testify against him so they didn't have anything else to go on

This is typical abuse victims response

The charges were dropped and there's no case or further action pending against him. The alleged incident has zero impact on his availability on the sideline going forward. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i'm honestly changing my mind.  i didn't think there was any chance they'd fire him after this season, but i'm starting to wonder.  if they were booing last night and we lose out from here?  it's gonna be ugly.  maybe it's because i'm currently watching Winning Time about the rise of the Lakers.  Paul Westhead was clearly a moron and they didn't wait around to be fair to him.  they moved on and started winning.  makes me so jealous as a Hoosier fan.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, btownqb said:

So--- was there anything else Trilly related that was IU? 

Or only the alleged Pearl info? 

He talks about several things but that's been the biggest thing. He also currently only has 1 player from IU that he views as being 100% gone as a transfer. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

He talks about several things but that's been the biggest thing. He also currently only has 1 player from IU that he views as being 100% gone as a transfer. 

That'd be Banks, if I was guessing... and thank you. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Like 5