Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

43 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Don't have to be a grad to be a huge fan. A lot of the biggest fans I know or knew never stepped foot on a college campus. I didn't go to Bloomington but IU East so does that make me less than a fan than someone that went to Bloomington 

No, not at all. Almost all of the Purdue fans I know are also Purdue grads, but there are exceptions, of course. 

I guess I’m referring to the IU basketball fans/Notre Dame football fans that went to neither school, that are prevalent in the northern half of the state. Used to work with a guy who was obnoxious about those 2 teams… and he went to Ball State. 

If we continue to drop games, and there’s no reason not to think we will, AND he returns, it’s going to get CRAZY ugly.

Everything is set up for this to be a horrific year. From people leaving to fans flipping out, to the AD having to support him like mad, to the losses piling up and doing more damage to recruiting, etc. it’s endless how much WORSE this can get from where it is right now.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Artesian_86 said:

You may be on to something.....Sad, but yeah. However, why would you want to be around the program when almost everyone wants you fired?

It's like forcing someone say, "love you" and not want to or mean it....

To me it’s a way to save face…maybe continue to get paid….remain cordial with your Alma mater. Also doesn’t mean he can’t bring value…parents can talk to him when kids visit…he can still help kids…win win hopefully.

10 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

If we continue to drop games, and there’s no reason not to think we will, AND he returns, it’s going to get CRAZY ugly.

Everything is set up for this to be a horrific year. From people leaving to fans flipping out, to the AD having to support him like mad, to the losses piling up and doing more damage to recruiting, etc. it’s endless how much WORSE this can get from where it is right now.

were they really booing him during introductions at AH?  if so, can you imagine when we get to the 3/10 game vs MSU in a 7 game losing streak?  we'll be 14-16 at that point?  finish 14-18 and then all of the announcements of everyone leaving?  he better get transfers in quickly to help all of that negative publicity.  i don't know.  i thought no way it would happen this year, but it just might.  next year could be crazy ugly if not.  take away Ware and Galloway.  who else?  Liam would definitely have to be Larry Bird.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

it just seems to make so much sense for him to site health or family reasons at the end of the season.  

He can site, woohoo these fools gave me $12 million to go home and do nothing, just as long as he goes....:coffee:

• Like 2

Just now, BADGERVOL said:

He’s gone mentally. GONE. So out of touch.

Odds are we are going to finish the season on a 9 game skid.

Seems like the last few years, when it gets bad at IU, it gets real bad.  They can't beat anybody.  2017, 2019, 2021 and this year. Always have key injuries:  '24 - X,  '21 - Franklin,  '19  - Romeo, '17 - OG and Morgan.  Not an excuse.  Need depth and a system.  The difference this year, it is 2/26 and we have been out it for at least two months.  Even when Archie was here, we we're at  at least on the bubble for most of the year. This year, not so much. 

7 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

Seems like the last few years, when it gets bad at IU, it gets real bad.  They can't beat anybody.  2017, 2019, 2021 and this year. Always have key injuries:  '24 - X,  '21 - Franklin,  '19  - Romeo, '17 - OG and Morgan.  Not an excuse.  Need depth and a system.  The difference this year, it is 2/26 and we have been out it for at least two months.  Even when Archie was here, we we're at  at least on the bubble for most of the year. This year, not so much. 

This team was never competitive out of the gate. Struggled with bad non-con teams. They trailed LVille with under 4 to go. 
All of the flaws exposed in the non-con, remain today. 

• Like 8

38 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

98 pages and counting….stop it already. He’s coming back unless we lose out, and that’s not going to happen. Hopefully, Reneau, MgBacko and McNeeley are with us as well next year.

Don’t count on those two coming back if things stay the same 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

41 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

98 pages and counting….stop it already. He’s coming back unless we lose out, and that’s not going to happen. Hopefully, Reneau, MgBacko and McNeeley are with us as well next year.

Why do you think he is coming back? Why do you think that's a good thing? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Woodson has lost the team and at least 5 players that could return will be entering the portal if nothing changes 

Gee, does throwing your team under the bus every single time you open your mouth not resonate with the players?

For all the crap we were fed about Mike Woodson being a leader of men, he is the worst leader I have ever seen in charge of this program. Dan Dakich of all people had more leadership qualities than Mike Woodson does. Is it any surprise the NBA players that spoke so glowingly of him have never been remotely considered winners? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Oooof.....don't remind me.  😂

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman could do many things....playing the post was not one of them.

To be fair, the team with Harman at center would have beaten two of the three Woodson teams, and they'd have given last years team all it could handle with their ability to stretch the floor. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

Oooof.....don't remind me.  😂

Gunnery Sergeant Hartman could do many things....playing the post was not one of them.

It kind of worked though. While Crean deserved fault for his roster management that season, you kind of have to be impressed with the coaching job that year. 

Took a team that didn't have a single big/post player in the top 6 in minutes per game to the NCAA Tournament. 

Heck, Hanner Perea had the highest MPG of any big on the roster that season. 

• Like 1