Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

23 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Woodson has lost the team and at least 5 players that could return will be entering the portal if nothing changes 

If this is the case, and I have zero doubt it is, we won’t win another game and lose most by double digits.

And if that combined with obvious defections isn’t enough for Dolson to make the change then he needs fired immediately.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dgambill said:

Move Woody upstairs…he can still be a face around the program for parents and mentor kids…but get a new coach with energy and passion to move this forward.

In Japan, he’d become a “window man”. Their big corporations don”t let people go. They just give them an empty desk where they stare out the window all day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Boiler Sam said:

No, not at all. Almost all of the Purdue fans I know are also Purdue grads, but there are exceptions, of course. 

I guess I’m referring to the IU basketball fans/Notre Dame football fans that went to neither school, that are prevalent in the northern half of the state. Used to work with a guy who was obnoxious about those 2 teams… and he went to Ball State. 

I am not a fan of the turn coats

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Woodson has lost the team and at least 5 players that could return will be entering the portal if nothing changes 

This is why I think it’s ok to make a move now. An asst can be interim. Show these players that the status quo is not acceptable and change is coming.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

98 pages and counting….stop it already. He’s coming back unless we lose out, and that’s not going to happen. Hopefully, Reneau, MgBacko and McNeeley are with us as well next year.

98 pages isn't anything, BTB is at 250 pages

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, 13th&Jackson said:

In Japan, he’d become a “window man”. Their big corporations don”t let people go. They just give them an empty desk where they stare out the window all day. 

And leave it unlocked…so they can do the “honorable” thing and take a leap. 🫣

On 2/25/2024 at 4:31 PM, NCHoosier32 said:

i know the apathy has hit hard, but i really think we can get this to 100 pages soon.  i believe in you guys.  still say Archie could have gotten the same results with a team consisting of JHS and TJD.  not giving Woodson credit there.  still say he was playing JHS out of position and was forced to give him the reigns.  no credit there.  still say TJD was the same player, but better at what he already did because of another year of experience.  no credit there.  i'd happily take Pearl, Beard, or May next season.  would love to have McNeeley in cream and crimson, but if it costs us him, so be it.  coaches will be able to recruit at IU.  

While I agree with most of what you posted, the part in bold gives me pause.  While you may not give Woodson credit for developing TJD, Trace himself is on record giving him a ton of credit.  I have to think Trace has more insight and that simply can’t be dismissed.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Are the players letting the athletic department this

I think when this many players are unhappy, it forces the AD's hand because at that point, the toxicity has gotten out of control.  

The high school I went to had to replace a coach last year after three seasons. His first two years they had a couple guys quit, and I felt it was just kids who weren't tough enough. Then last year, they had three seniors quit at different times during the season, one of whom was a two-year starter. That was a huge red flag, and convinced me the coach needed to go. About two weeks after the season ended, he "resigned." I say resigned, meaning, it was probably a forced resignation, because the athletic director was in retirement mode and the school board president said after praying about it, he felt it was best to stay the course. My best guess was they felt they risked not having a team this year because so many players were done with that staff. 

Really never thought it would come to this with Woodson. A year ago yesterday, we won at Purdue. Amazing how fast things can change. 

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Don't have to be a grad to be a huge fan. A lot of the biggest fans I know or knew never stepped foot on a college campus. I didn't go to Bloomington but IU East so does that make me less than a fan than someone that went to Bloomington 

Yes.   :coffee:

1 hour ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

98 pages and counting….stop it already. He’s coming back unless we lose out, and that’s not going to happen. Hopefully, Reneau, MgBacko and McNeeley are with us as well next year.

What do you mean losing out isn’t likely to happen? Who are we beating? This team quit 2 weeks ago after the Purdue and the results since have all but cemented that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1