Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

5 minutes ago, OGIUAndy said:

I drink. Not once have I berated college students at a dorm or been accused of beating up anyone let a lone a woman. She could be nuts, seems like she might have been, so maybe it's not a good idea/decision to hangout with her if you are a high profile college coach making millions of dollars. 

I missed in Beard’s police report that stated he was intoxicated.

15 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Because I believe him when he says he would like to play 4 out and 1 in, but personal dictates what style you play, and unfortunately, we had no choice this year. We missed on the guys that would have made a difference, and our returning players either didn’t improve or in some cases regressed. No excuses though, because it all falls on the head coach. Next season will be his make or brake year. 

I guess I just don't understand why you believe him that he wants to play 4 out/1 in? Actually, I'm not even sure if he's really even saying that's what he wants any more. 

On the personnel, he hasn't even tried. I understand the guard play isn't great this year, but we easily could have played way more minutes with Mgbako at the 4. 

Last season, especially when Race Thompson was injured, why did we never play minutes with TJD, Kopp, Bates, Galloway, JHS? I'm not sure if we ever played Kopp at the 4 in two years. 

He doesn't even try. 

• Like 7
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I guess I just don't understand why you believe him that he wants to play 4 out/1 in? Actually, I'm not even sure if he's really even saying that's what he wants any more. 

On the personnel, he hasn't even tried. I understand the guard play isn't great this year, but we easily could have played way more minutes with Mgbako at the 4. 

Last season, especially when Race Thompson was injured, why did we never play minutes with TJD, Kopp, Bates, Galloway, JHS? I'm not sure if we ever played Kopp at the 4 in two years. 

He doesn't even try. 

Like I say, we’ll see next year, if he really means it, because that will be his last, if he doesn’t follow through. But this is all speculation, because we’re not the ones making the decision. Personally, I can live with it either way, but I think it’s a bad look for the school and recruiting to fire a coach after one off year. But, that’s  just my opinion.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

Like I say, we’ll see next year, if he really means it, because that will be his last, if he doesn’t follow through. But this is all speculation, because we’re not the ones making the decision. Personally, I can live with it either way, but I think it’s a bad look for the school and recruiting to fire a coach after one off year. But, that’s  just my opinion.

So you think this all boils down to just being one off year?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier4Life53 said:

I totally hear your stand on this tough situation. I really do. Just to be clear, I have been one of Woodson’s biggest supporters throughout most of this. It started wavering over the last month. I am always a person who looks at things half full and usually the benefit of the doubt, but after long discussions with well respected friends, family and a few PM’s from posters on here, I’ve come to the realization a change is needed now. 
The bottom line is things move fast at this level and most aren’t going to wait or even feel sorry for you.

I am most relating this decision to the change of trajectory and reasoning Dolson made in hiring Coach Cignetti. His reasoning and efforts to not only compete in the BIGTEN, but to hire someone who’s plan is to excel and be used to WINS in the in BIGTEN, more that we are used to seeing. 

I feel Dolson sees a similar trend happening with Woodson and the basketball team. JMO, however at this point, aggressive NIL and college recruiting is constantly moving forward, we can’t afford risking another year, even if we are slightly better than this year. When there’s word of players talking about transferring, (I know they’re just rumors, at the very least)… but players talk and potential players do listen. These things are damning to a team as well as it’s head coach. 

All due respect, but at this point, one bad year out of 3 is enough for me to realize a new face, a new voice and  a new vision is of the utmost importance for this team and this university!

Go IU!

Edited by Artesian_86
  • Like 7
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

it's wild when people point to the last two years as successes and this year is just an anomaly.  

Totally agree.

We finished four spots better on KenPom last year than Archie’s best team. We got blown out in the first weekend. Last year was fine, and fine was the best we’ve had in a while, but it wasn’t good.

This team is very possibly going to go down as the worst team sans Crean’s first few that anyone on this board has seen. It’s not “just a bad season”. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Looks like a full roster tonight, no more excuses.

“Well ya know Don, here’s the thing, and Mike Woodson always takes the blame and doesn’t point fingers at the players, but X has been hurt. You had to expect him to get a flagrant tonight, his mind is rusty.

And I’m not the one missing them shots. Hell Don, it isn’t even my job to get them open shots. My job is to get them over the hump. Lotta season left, we’ll be okay. Just gotta keep working and get them over the hump.”

- Mike Woodson to Don Fischer, on 2/27 and 9:07 PM. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Indykev said:

All i said was they need to squeeze all the grease out of Fani Willis's lying fat ass before they tar and feather her. banned for violence.

I think the tar and feather along with your association to the size of her backside was where you went wrong…..😬

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, NCHoosier32 said:

it's wild when people point to the last two years as successes and this year is just an anomaly.  

I didn’t say the last two years were a rousing success, but they sure were an improvement over the previous years. You have to remember I was around for the RMK’s three national championships, so I know what success looks and feels like. I’m as disappointed as most about this year’s results, but I also know things can change in a hurry in today’s game, so I hope the powers to be make the right decision about next season, whatever that ends up being.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hoosierdave said:

I try not to read too much into this but based on all the replies and quote tweets, this actually might be a legit jab at Woody. 

21A6E630-4D4C-416E-A5F8-C4E39A285DFD.png

the first  jab was his pre game on the radio when he said we were a great team and we would finish in the middle of the Big Ten.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1