Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

2 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

There’s many reasons that Dolson wants to make a move. It has to with more than just the on court product 

What? Coaches in the state think he is an idiot? He isn’t going to get guards good enough to win with his system? Laziness? I think it’s a pretty extensive list so far but is there something else?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, iuswingman said:

Maybe May hasn't been announced at osu because he is waiting on us

Nobody that currently has a job is going to be announced for another job until that coach’s season is over.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

There’s many reasons that Dolson wants to make a move. It has to with more than just the on court product 

Interesting. Is there anything more than what we generally know? You obviously don’t need to overshare. 

If Woodson is dead-set on playing "inside-out", why would someone like Reneau want to transfer away? There's already a desire to get the ball to him in the post, and a lot of the offense goes through him. With Ware gone, he would be an even bigger focal point next year. He would likely be the face of the team with a pretty sizable NIL deal. If Ware can generate NBA interest from this season, certainly Malik has the possibility to do that in Bloomington next year.

Only logical reasons I can think of are:

- Wants to be on a "better"/more well-balanced team

- Wants to be closer to home

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MoyeCowbell said:

If Woodson is dead-set on playing "inside-out", why would someone like Reneau want to transfer away? There's already a desire to get the ball to him in the post, and a lot of the offense goes through him. With Ware gone, he would be an even bigger focal point next year. He would likely be the face of the team with a pretty sizable NIL deal. If Ware can generate NBA interest from this season, certainly Malik has the possibility to do that in Bloomington next year.

Only logical reasons I can think of are:

- Wants to be on a "better"/more well-balanced team

- Wants to be closer to home

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe he just wants to win - especially if there’s going to be a mass exodus. 

54 minutes ago, IUProfessor said:

If it were confirmed Reneau, Mgbako, and Galloway are all leaving (along with Ware) should Woodson be retained, would any of the Woodson defenders still give him another year?

Where is this coming from? Legit source?

Well the more Woodson opens his mouth the worse he’s making it for himself so maybe we just do one of those live mics on him 24/7 with a live feed and let him dig his own grave even more

maybe by “inside out” he meant a good anemia that he needs to clear his mind and think straight. We can only hope.

Edited by BADGERVOL
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, IUProfessor said:

If it were confirmed Reneau, Mgbako, and Galloway are all leaving (along with Ware) should Woodson be retained, would any of the Woodson defenders still give him another year?

If you're asking me, I'm not real big on unsubstantiated rumors or innuendo... We can cross that bridge when we come to it... 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

It's gonna get ugly folks.  Really ugly.  I had hoped it wouldn't come to this but Buckner is hell bent on putting his friendship over the best interests of the University.  Buckle up.

Dolson is not the problem.

If it ends up going this way, I could see students and fans protesting, sort of like picketing..... That could get real ugly.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

It's gonna get ugly folks.  Really ugly.  I had hoped it wouldn't come to this but Buckner is hell bent on putting his friendship over the best interests of the University.  Buckle up.

Dolson is not the problem.

I’d expect some boos starting up at the next home game and the BTT. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Feathery said:

I’d expect some boos starting up at the next home game and the BTT. 

this is what i think could get crazy.  as much as i want Woodson gone like today, i don't like us reigning down boos on our home court.  i mean i like the message to the higher ups, but not the kids playing the game.  i would think the last two wins have fooled a few and calmed the storm enough to quell the boos right?  i mean i guess if we get beat by a large margin at MN then get off to a bad start vs MSU?  still seems like both will have to be bad losses and a bad showing in the first round of the BTT to really get total outrage right?  i am curious what all @DC2345 is speaking of when saying not just the crappy on court product?  why would Buckner be okay with both?  he honestly doesn't care how the program does as long as Woodson is the coach?  that just doesn't make any sense to me.  surely he doesn't think he's the guy to turn it around?  ugh.  

• Like 1