Coach Mike Woodson Megathread

6 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Stop. We aren't tough enough for a Gus Macker lol 

I remember all this 3 on 3 tournaments around the state. The toughest one I played in was the Battle of Bedrock. Call your own fouls. Guess what? You got fouled hard on every play. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

So on the whole "play inside-out" thing; when's the last time the National Champion had a post dominant offense?  This is an actual question not some sorta smart @$$ gotcha question. 

Kentucky with Anthony Davis?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

So on the whole "play inside-out" thing; when's the last time the National Champion had a post dominant offense?  This is an actual question not some sorta smart @$$ gotcha question. 

2009 UNC if you consider that post dominant with Hansbrough, but that team got up and down and their three next highest usage guys were guards that could shoot the hell out of the basketball. 

10 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

It's not so much that you can't win with a team that is led by a post player.  It's the thinking you can win with playing 2 or 3 post players and absolutely no outside threat that is the issue.

Solo post ball > Buddy ball

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Last year with UConn work? Of course it's how the person phrases it. UConn, Purdue, Gonzaga over the years all use inside out. Difference being the out guys have to make the shots.

Edited by Seeking6

5 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

We're wading into Brad Steven level of rumor and innuendo.  There are going to be a very large group of fans disappointed and unhappy when absolutely nothing happens this year. 

Pearl is working on his confirmation of remaining at Auburn. Being an Auburn-hole doesn’t have a ring to it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Stop. We aren't tough enough for a Gus Macker lol 

Gus Macker players can shoot free throws, block out and understand the basic principles of defense. Something this team doesn't know much about. Oh, before I forget the Coaches can coach. 

7 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

Thats who came to mind first, but I forgot about Duke in '15. 

I think there's a difference between a "teams best player is a big guy" and "playing through the post".... 

I don't think Kentucky played through the post, much at all, that season. JMO

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1