2023 CG Jakai Newton IU bound baby!!

10 hours ago, 02Hoosier said:

Any highlights from this game out there? 

A lot of focus is on Newton's 5 star Stephon Castle (UConn...#2 in black), Wheeler's 5 star Isaiah Collier (#4 in white) and 4 star Arrinten Page (#22 in white) both USC commits...

Newton is #0 in black... 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, BobSaccamanno said:

Is a meniscus a tougher injury to recover from?  I thought so.  

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I dont think so, but certainly not an expert on the topic. I thought guys typically came back from meniscus injuries in a matter of weeks?

I have torn my meniscus twice. I was walking up to the mailbox (1/4 mile) the next day. I had rehab that lasted 3-4 weeks, twice a week, and then no restrictions. Can't imagine that quick of a turn around with a torn ACL.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, BGleas said:

I dont think so, but certainly not an expert on the topic. I thought guys typically came back from meniscus injuries in a matter of weeks?

There is some movement in that. Used to yes, meniscus could be a quick turn around.... 

There are more of those injuries now that are lasting months because DRs are preferring to go a different route in the rehab process, but hoping it's better long-term. My wife still thought 9 months was a bit much, though.

• Like 2

Just now, Steubenhoosier said:

I have torn my meniscus twice. I was walking up to the mailbox (1/4 mile) the next day. I had rehab that lasted 3-4 weeks, twice a week, and then no restrictions. Can't imagine that quick of a turn around with a torn ACL.

Newton hurt his knee like 9 months ago. Most meniscus injuries are like yours that take just a matter of weeks to heal. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hoosierinbham said:

Jakai is very athletic, and has some dog in him. He reminds me of the Baylor guards when they won the title. Looking forward to watching him develop at IU.

Big physical guards have their benefits as we've seen recently vs Purdue and Rutgers. No reason to change that recruiting profile. Seems like forever ago that Jakai committed. Glad he's recovered and can finish out his final year.  

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...