2023 CG Jakai Newton IU bound baby!!

Takeaways...

Close your eyes and you will swear Juwan Morgan is back in Bloomington. That's a man's voice.  Lol

The players that Coach and staff are bringing in are just different than what we have had. In a good way.

Jakai is a competive, confident dude.

I think he may be huge for us, flying under the radar. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Takeaways...

Close your eyes and you will swear Juwan Morgan is back in Bloomington. That's a man's voice.  Lol

The players that Coach and staff are bringing in are just different than what we have had. In a good way.

Jakai is a competive, confident dude.

I think he may be huge for us, flying under the radar. 

In a 20 minute interview, Coyle talks for 18 of it 🙂

But the 2 things I loved was when Coyle asked him about what his game would benefit IU, the first word out of his mouth was defense...

The other was how Indiana through Coach Ya and Coach Woodson didn't promise the world...they were straight with him, and as he said "100.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Danomatic said:

Looking forward to seeing what this young man do to help the team. 

Another Galloway kind of player with perhaps slightly more athleticism?  Just a thought with only seeing a few online videos.  I'm also very excited to see what he can do.    😊

• 2 months later...
55 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

surprised i didnt see anything on here today.

Well, i will be the bearer of bad news i supposes. Jakai had surgery is having or has had surgery due to a preexisting injury. he will be out indefinitely. time table is unknown.

Pretty sure it was referenced elsewhere as I read it earlier today.  Probably in the general basketball forum.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Indykev said:

I saw Jakai on campus. Brace from his hip to his foot and crutches. I dont think we see this kid this season.

Man I hope they get that full leg brace off soon! Had a friend snap both his lower leg bones and was in a full leg cast for 6 months! His leg healed up but his hip degenerated so bad he ended up having to have a hip replacement! Get well Jakai!

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, IUfaninIllinois said:

Maybe he can play in big ten tourney! Shoot what do we have to lose. He can play in believe at least 9 games and keep his redshirt status.

Problem is he came back to soon to play in his high school year and reinjured himself. No need to jeopardize his career anymore 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Problem is he came back to soon to play in his high school year and reinjured himself. No need to jeopardize his career anymore 

Plus he wouldn’t be helpful. He is a frosh recovering from injury and wasn’t known to be a great shooter.  

17 hours ago, 02Hoosier said:

He’s a freak athlete… hope we get to see him play next year

Yep...and contrary to some injuries do have impacts. Just wish we would have had a full clip these last couple of seasons including Jakai. You see it every year in programs some kid comes out of nowhere just because finally having a clean bill of health.

35 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Yep...and contrary to some injuries do have impacts. Just wish we would have had a full clip these last couple of seasons including Jakai. You see it every year in programs some kid comes out of nowhere just because finally having a clean bill of health.

I just hope he’s a basketball player, not just an athlete. But definitely rooting for this kid to kick his injuries and get out on the court.