2024 C Derik Queen Commits to Maryland

OGIUAndy

2 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't know, we got hit several years back because someone interacting with recruits had bought a license plate or something.

I get that.  IU seems to be snake bit when it comes to getting punishment for the weirdest of things.

It would be interesting to see the amount of schools punished before NIL started and how many have been punished since.  Seems like there isn't much that can't be done now a days compared to before.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ledies22 said:

I am sure glad that IU’s program (staff, players, fans, et al) are new and inventive and not stuck in the old ways like some of the people on this board want to be. 

If it is kosher cool.  I am all fine with being inventive as long as it doesn't end up screwing us over down the line.  I have seen recruiting violations for bumper stickers and watched the program set itself on fire over phone calls.  It seems like Queen is super interested in coming to Indiana.  If this can legitimately push him our way, go for it.

If there are any questions, let Mike Woodson do his job because IU has proven that we will fall on our own sword at the first sign of an NCAA inquiry.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

If it is kosher cool.  I am all fine with being inventive as long as it doesn't end up screwing us over down the line.  I have seen recruiting violations for bumper stickers and watched the program set itself on fire over phone calls.  It seems like Queen is super interested in coming to Indiana.  If this can legitimately push him our way, go for it.

If there are any questions, let Mike Woodson do his job because IU has proven that we will fall on our own sword at the first sign of an NCAA inquiry.

I just don't understand where any of this is coming from? None of the examples are related. 

Just don't admit anything to the NCAA. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, kycarter88 said:

We should have a decision within the next few days correct?  Very quiet for the last week. 

Yep. He’s been keeping things quiet. Nobody knows what’s really going on in his mind and if they say they do they’re making stuff up of guessing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1