'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

2 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

We are talking about the guy that was wanted here, would’ve started, and quit right?

Much more of a who cares than a what if, at least for me. 

1 hour ago, kyhoosier29 said:

It’s one of those “who cares”! 

I mean, yeah I get that POV, but having him playing like he is on this team would be tough.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Here's my fear though....Musselman goes there. Man that would be tough.

I don't think there is any coach in America right now that really worries me.  Duke, Indiana, and UNC all had to hire in house this last go around.  I don't think that job is what they think it is anymore.  I don't think any job is.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

Haven't seen it mentioned, but Duke got screwed at the end of their game. 

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35642530/officials-made-incorrect-adjudication-duke-virginia-game

Refs blew it. I saw that while waiting for our game. Didn't have the volume on. Said to myself it was an obvious foul before the buzzer and now Duke was going to win. Nice to see them get shafted. 

Sorry @rico. Didn't see you posted this link already. 

Edited by Reacher

52 minutes ago, Reacher said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35642530/officials-made-incorrect-adjudication-duke-virginia-game

Refs blew it. I saw that while waiting for our game. Didn't have the volume on. Said to myself it was an obvious foul before the buzzer and now Duke was going to win. Nice to see them get shafted. 

Sorry @rico. Didn't see you posted this link already. 

They could have every questionable call go against them for the rest of my life and it wouldn't make up for the title Ted Valentine helped them steal from us in 1992.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, IUCrazy2 said:

I don't think there is any coach in America right now that really worries me.  Duke, Indiana, and UNC all had to hire in house this last go around.  I don't think that job is what they think it is anymore.  I don't think any job is.

Did Duke & UNC have to hire in house?  

10 minutes ago, BDB said:

Did Duke & UNC have to hire in house?  

I guess depends on how you define "have".  Technically they could have hired anyone but I think they figured like we did, if we are going to do a crap shoot, might as well look at guys with ties to the program.

Kentucky fans are under the impression they are going to go out and grab the next equivalent to Calipari 10 years ago.  Musselman, Oats, etc. basically the run of hot names right now.  I am not convinced those guys look at UK and think that is a great job.  And while those guys might be good coaches, I don't think any coach is going to come in and be dominant like they expect which can impact the hiring process.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rico said:

Just saw a piece on ABC about the New Mexico St. situation.  Weird.  Bizarre.  Sickening.

I just read some of the details.  The response so far is appropriate I think. 

All I can say is everyone reacts differently to situations but I just can't understand how someone would let that happen to themselves or a teammate. 

If it was me, I don't care what the odds are, I'm throwing down. I'm either winning or getting my ass kicked but getting my licks in. 

If I was a bystander, well, no way in hell I would stand by and let that happen. 

There is "hazing", I prefer practical jokes, and then there is assault. Big difference.  

Edited by mrflynn03

4 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

I just read some of the details.  The response so far is appropriate I think. 

All I can say is everyone reacts differently to situations but I just can't understand how someone would let that happen to themselves or a teammate. 

If it was me, I don't care what the odds are, I'm throwing down. I'm either winning or getting my ass kicked but getting my licks in. 

If I was a bystander, well, no way in hell I would stand by and let that happen. 

There is "hazing", I prefer practical jokes, and then there is assault. Big difference.  

There is something wrong with society today.

• Like 1