'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

You typically read the room.pretry well.

I would tread very lightly. Anything you say will come off as either bragging or condescending....kind of a no win. 

You are fine. If I were you, I would almost avoid discussing Purdue (defending them or admitting weaknesses etc), and just stick to more general basketball discussion.

By no means am I requiring that. Just my opinion, since you asked, on how to tread a rivals website during these times.

Oh, and piss on the boilers 😝

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

You typically read the room.pretry well.

I would tread very lightly. Anything you say will come off as either bragging or condescending....kind of a no win. 

You are fine. If I were you, I would almost avoid discussing Purdue (defending them or admitting weaknesses etc), and just stick to more general basketball discussion.

By no means am I requiring that. Just my opinion, since you asked, on how to tread a rivals website during these times.

Oh, and piss on the boilers 😝

I have to ask.  Who are you responding to?  I read the all the posts on the previous page and see nothing that fits.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Zlinedavid said:

But who gets to define busy?

I've seen the classic MECCA floor called "busy", and that's from the 1970s. 

1683656-inline-s-11-mecca-basketball-court-panels.jpg

And even then, there's never been a consistent defined pattern for courts.  Do you leave the lane open and just defined or paint it in? I've seen "traditional" courts use both.  Same for the free throw circle.  Same color as the lane? Split in half at the free throw line? Complete contrasting circle?

I'm sure I'll have voodoo dolls made in my likeness with pins in them over saying this, but I've never really liked IU's court design.  It's the "white toast, no butter" of courts.  Would anyone get their knickers in a knot if the paint were...oh...I don't know....maybe painted? Just a little bit of red to break it up. 

Or if that's just too wild and out there, do either the lane or the area inside the three point line except the lane in a slightly contrasting wood stain. 

I'm not saying we need to go full Oregon and do the outline of a Sarlacc on the court, but just something a little different but still in a "traditional" design. 

This is way more involved than i want to dive into. Lane color is fine.  Mid-court logo is fine.  The rest of the floor should be wood colored with only the lines needed for a basketball game.  Any color outside of the main court is fine.  Where i have an issue is like Oregon's court which is really distracting.  Or courts that have 400 extra lines for volleyball or floor hockey or whatever.

Some of these are ok, some of these are just to much and distracting.
https://www.usatoday.com/picture-gallery/sports/ncaab/2020/02/26/college-basketball-20-boldest-weirdest-court-designs-league/4668241002/

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

My first love growing up was baseball, where every stadium has its own dimensions and quirks. When it comes to weird court designs, I say let a thousand flowers bloom.

You have your opinion, i have mine.  I just don't like it.  same if in a baseball field, they had weird colored infields or outfields with designs that made it hard to see the ball, i probably wouldn't like that either.

But its only my opinion.  I respect yours.  Enjoy.  I am done with this conversation.

Edited by IowaHoosierFan

6 minutes ago, Maedhros said:

My first love growing up was baseball, where every stadium has its own dimensions and quirks. When it comes to weird court designs, I say let a thousand flowers bloom.

True, but a better comparison might be that the distance between bases, and the distance between the mound and home, where all the same. On the other hand, many umpires had/have their own definition of the size of the strike zone.

But that is where we get the difference between design and specs.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

You have your opinion, i have mine.  I just don't like it.  same if in a baseball field, they had weird colored infields or outfields with designs that made it hard to see the ball, i probably wouldn't like that either.

But its only my opinion.  I respect yours.  Enjoy.  I am done with this conversation.

I don't like Oregon's court but I like seeing different varieties of courts. That is why I hated when the tournament changed to having the same bland court for all tournament venues.

I think the most important thing is that the court dimensions are accurate, unlike the Portland regional site for the women's tournament. How in the world do you play four games with no one noticing?

image.thumb.png.fedff46f4e365dc7afe899c8a502c6e5.png https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-basketball/news-portland-3-point-line-controversy-update-ncaa-finds-discrepancy-marking-lines-drawn-9-inches-short

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, 13th&Jackson said:

I think the most important thing is that the court dimensions are accurate, unlike the Portland regional site for the women's tournament. How in the world do you play four games with no one noticing?

image.thumb.png.fedff46f4e365dc7afe899c8a502c6e5.png https://www.sportskeeda.com/college-basketball/news-portland-3-point-line-controversy-update-ncaa-finds-discrepancy-marking-lines-drawn-9-inches-short

Christ on a crutch…..I haven’t seen that shot of it yet. I thought it was a matter of a couple inches but you can visually see that. 

• Like 1

OU President Joseph Harroz Jr. sat down with OU Daily editors Tuesday afternoon to discuss Norman’s proposed entertainment district, transition to the Southeastern Conference and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. 

In his Evans Hall office, Harroz told OU Daily that if Norman City Council does not approve the proposed $1 billion entertainment district that would feature a new arena for OU athletics, then the university, alongside donors, would look to other cities to build an arena for which its basketball and women’s gymnastics teams would be anchor tenants and possibly the entertainment district as a whole. 

“I’m very hopeful and do everything I can to keep it here in Norman,” Harroz said. “But if this isn’t approved by the city council for whatever reason, then we’re going to be looking at other (cities), Oklahoma City, Moore, surrounding areas and figure out where is there a group that wants to do this.”

OU basketball acting like they're an NBA team now and threatening to move if they don't get a new arena. Is this the new college basketball? Is Bedford going to build a 20,000 seat arena to convince IU to play there?

https://www.oudaily.com/news/joseph-harroz-entertainment-district-nil-dei-intercollegiate-athletics/article_7d877730-f13f-11ee-afca-4b7bf6bfb248.html

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

OU basketball acting like they're an NBA team now and threatening to move if they don't get a new arena. Is this the new college basketball? Is Bedford going to build a 20,000 seat arena to convince IU to play there?

https://www.oudaily.com/news/joseph-harroz-entertainment-district-nil-dei-intercollegiate-athletics/article_7d877730-f13f-11ee-afca-4b7bf6bfb248.html

Every time I see a guy in leather shoes, no socks... Douche automatically comes to mind. how do ppl do that?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

They could rename the team the Bedford Stoners

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, SawatchHoosier said:

It's interesting how these schools are downsizing their basketball arenas. Their current arena seats about 11k and this new arena would seat 8k. Baylor just built a new 7,500 seat arena to replace a 10,300 seat arena. 

Just as McLane Stadium’s downsizing compared to Floyd Casey Stadium has helped give Baylor football a better home-field advantage, the Foster Pavilion’s size — 7,000 seats — and design will help ensure the new facility is packed with Baylor fans night in and night out.

• Like 2

On 4/3/2024 at 11:10 AM, 13th&Jackson said:

It's interesting how these schools are downsizing their basketball arenas. Their current arena seats about 11k and this new arena would seat 8k. Baylor just built a new 7,500 seat arena to replace a 10,300 seat arena. 

Just as McLane Stadium’s downsizing compared to Floyd Casey Stadium has helped give Baylor football a better home-field advantage, the Foster Pavilion’s size — 7,000 seats — and design will help ensure the new facility is packed with Baylor fans night in and night out.

Probably sell more premium seating suites for higher money and still make the same.

4 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Not sure how true this is but very interesting to say the least. 

I'd be very shocked, but you never know...

If, for whatever reason, he would, the kids he's got signed for 24 would all be backing out of their LOI and it'd be a rich market...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUFLA said:

I'd be very shocked, but you never know...

If, for whatever reason, he would, the kids he's got signed for 24 would all be backing out of their LOI and it'd be a rich market...

The person who posted the tweet has 17000 followers and is an Arkansas insider. If this is true NIL and Transfer portal have created some wild times. 

• Like 1