'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

46 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Refresh my memory.  Was Miles immediately arrested after the shooting, or did some time go by?

Reason I ask is that, if Miller knew it happened and didn't say anything, that's a significantly more damning act that just delivering the gun. 

One of the articles I saw brought up the "fact" that Miller did not report the crime.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rico said:

One of the articles I saw brought up the "fact" that Miller did not report the crime.  

Seems like factually, this all applies to Miller:

• Brought a loaded weapon to a heated situation, knowing it was heated and the gun was loaded
  • Blocked in the victims car with his car, close enough that his car was struck by bullets
  • Did not report the murder

Is any of that wrong or am I missing anything big?

I am not a legal expert on the laws of Alabama, but regardless of any legalese that isn't an "innocent" person in this. New Mexico State shut down their season for hazing and I'm fairly confident none of it rose to this level - not saying Bama should cancel their season but if I'm the powers that be down there, Oats is suspended indefinitely without pay and Miller (and the other kid) are suspended indefinitely. If something comes out to clear those two before the end of the season then feel free to reinstate, otherwise they would never play again for Alabama if I was calling the shots. 

If I"m an NBA team, short of something coming out proving his innocence, not sure how you invest draft capital with this hanging over the kid. Too much risk to have a lottery pick end up in jail. 

• Like 3