'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

19 minutes ago, Stlboiler23 said:

He can also shoot lol

Come on dude... You know how many 3s he and TJD combined for in college ball? 

Same as me... Zero...

So both had good shooting outings with nobody guarding them... Doesn't make em Reggie Miller quite yet... 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

I thought this was a really cool quote from Edey and speaks volumes to the kind of person he is:

It's that reality which explains why Purdue center Zach Edey is entertaining the possibility of returning to college basketball next season with the Boilermakers. Though he surely could have attracted high-dollar offers by entering the portal as well, there is a sense of mutual loyalty between Edey and Purdue that made transferring implausible for the 7-foot-4 star.

"I would never do something like that to Purdue," Edey said. "I owe Matt Painter the world, I owe (assistant) coach (Brandon) Brantley the world. I owe Purdue the world. I wouldn't mess around and threaten to go to a different school. I would just never do that. It's always been either Purdue or the NBA for me. There's no other option."

NBA Draft 2023: How college basketball's NIL rules give a viable option for pro prospects to return to school - CBSSports.com

Very cool. Seems like a class act. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If a buy named Harry Peter, or one of his 3 dozen friends, reaches out to you regarding an airline deal, be sure to click the link.  Don't pass up the opportunity.  

Do ya think Boiler will jump on Harry Peter?

• Haha 2

Here are Big 10 players who haven't announced yet whether they're coming back or staying in the draft...

Illinois: Terrace Shannon, Coleman Hawkins

Michigan State: AJ Hoggard, Jaden Akins 

Northwestern: Chase Audige

Ohio State: Brice Sensabaugh (although i can't see him coming back...around #20 on most draft boards)

Purdue: Zach Edey 

Rutgers: Cliff Omoyuri, Paul Mulcahy 

Those decisions are going to have a huge impact on the Big 10 title chase...

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 1:08 PM, IU Scott said:

Heard on the radio the word around the combine is Edey has a huge NIL deal and more than likely will be back at Purdue 

Hard to know….that seems ridiculously high.

might prove Purdue will pay current players but not buy recruits 

in 20 years do 5 stars even visit campus?  Just take online classes and fly in for games? 

23 minutes ago, Purdue7 said:

Hard to know….that seems ridiculously high.

might prove Purdue will pay current players but not buy recruits 

in 20 years do 5 stars even visit campus?  Just take online classes and fly in for games? 

I doubt they'll take any classes to be honest.  Just have university club teams and eliminate the student-athlete farce.