'24-'25 College Hoops Across the Nation(NOT IU!)

rico

Welp. That was one crazy day of hoops. From NC State to Long Beach St and Dan Monson (who was fired this week) getting in.....Temple one win from getting in with a 12-19 record, New Mexico winning automatic bid.

I'm afraid Indiana St, Virginia, probably St Johns, and some others all had their bubbles burst with the bid thieves.

I guess I just missed this last week. So Temple was accused of point shaving and it's essentially a nonstory anymore? They didn't cover a game from Dec 2nd to January 24 and usually Vegas is pretty good at their stuff.

I guess a couple of Thursday's ago their line vs UAB started off -1.5 and ended up being -8 at tip with no injuries or suspensions. That sort of movement is unheard of.

Guess I just missed it.

5 hours ago, Indykev said:

I’m not really upset about IU declining a bid to the NIT given how miserable this season was but I agree with him. The players should have the opportunity to play in a post season tournament. I don’t really see what a school like Pitt or Memphis gains from not playing in the NIT? It’s not like you have a brand on the same level of IU that should dissuade you from playing in the NIT

On 3/18/2024 at 1:01 AM, Indykev said:

Apples to oranges, but didn't he refuse a home game in the NIT or the other post-season tournament? 

To his credit, he sticks to the players and the coaches and leaves the fans out of it.

Edit: Leaving the original, forgot who actually moved the game.

Edited by IUaic

33 minutes ago, IUaic said:

Apples to oranges, but didn't he refuse a home game in the NIT or the other post-season tournament? 

To his credit, he sticks to the players and the coaches and leaves the fans out of it.

No he didn’t. Fred Glass refused to host a game because he thought it would “devalue” the court. 

Edited by IUskim
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, IUaic said:

nope. he was pissed. that was mr. IU is better than you , Glass.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, IUaic said:

1 hour ago, Indykev said:

nope. he was pissed. that was mr. IU is better than you , Glass.

Truly one of the worst actions by an AD. Accepts an NIT bid, then denies the players and fans a home game. Story kept changing as well. IU was a 3 seed and lost at 6 seed GA Tech.

Some notable teams that hosted a first round game that year: Houston, Illinois, Alabama, BYU, TCU, Iowa & Syracuse.

https://www.crimsonquarry.com/2017/3/13/14912582/fred-glass-nit-home-game-assembly-hall-tom-crean

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Indykev said:

Could be if u just heard his presser.

May gets it. This time of year you’re either on the hot seat or rumored for another job

“All of those decisions are for a later date,” May said. “I think this time of year in our profession, whether you’ve been at a place for one year, two years or three years, you’re either on the hot seat or your rumored for another job or your guys are in the portal. It is what it is. It’s never not going to be fluid so we’ll see what’s next.”

25 minutes ago, SawatchHoosier said:

Anyone have the slightest idea about what WaPo might be investigating? 

Eh, no one has a clue, I’ve seen people ranging about her being abusive, being racist, being a cheater, or being Homophobic. But everything so far has been speculation. 

Edited by Hoosierfan1901
  • Thanks 1