IU Transfers

KDB

1 minute ago, 5fouls said:

Wasn't specifically referring to anything you posted on Kopp.  But, his name comes up a lot from people that think he's leaving as well as those that hope he does.

I'm of the opinion that Kopp returning to form can be an enormous benefit to this team.

I've wondered the same. I have always thought it makes sense for him to return. He gets plenty of minutes on a big stage. Even if he doesn't start next season, I'm sure he would get plenty of PT.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Wasn't specifically referring to anything you posted on Kopp.  But, his name comes up a lot from people that think he's leaving as well as those that hope he does.

I'm of the opinion that Kopp returning to form can be an enormous benefit to this team.

tenor.gif.40ca874f43c034877a516a8e4ffd3b1c.gif

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Every school will go through this, even the schools still playing in the tournament.  We basically have free agency at th his point.  Will be interesting to look back 5 years from now and see which programs have the most success with it.

Programs like TX Tech & Auburn are already well ahead in this area 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 13th&Jackson said:

Programs like TX Tech & Auburn are already well ahead in this area 

Yup TT was just a couple buckets away from the Elite 8.  And that was with adding 9 portal players after losing Beard and most of last years team.   That's one heckuva coaching job by their new 65 yr old coach.

Go Hoosiers!!!

• Like 6

If Miller Kopp returns, i would like to see him get about 20 minutes a game off the bench.  I would also like to see him shoot 8-10 a game.  he is a 36% streaky shooter who i think need more chances.  If he goes 0-8 so be it.  Give him the green light and set to get the shot.  Shoot the ball young fellow.  But I think the law of averages would work out each game to be around 9-12 points which is exactly what we need from him

Just my thoughts on him.  have him shoot more in the time he plays and get more sets for him to have open shots.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Why does everyone expect Miller Kopp to leave.  What does he have to gain by doing so?  And, doesnt it make more sense for Coach Woodson to push him to work on his shot than it does to push him out the door?

Keeping Kopp doesn't prevent us from finding other shooters in the portal.  If we can do that and Kopp returns to form, it makes us that much better.  Plus, its insurance in case we dont find another shooter in the portal.

I say it because 3 5th year guys are already out the door.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I thought Rob would come back but now we will have to find a backup PG.

I actually think JHS fills that role especially if he can’t shoot it consistently but is great at driving. I’d rather use that spot on a really good shooting Wing. We have to find someone who shoots a lot and is around 38-42% from three consistently. We have to be smart and picky.

• Like 1

So with Trayce starting to get mocked into some first rounds and Durr gone, also the possibility of Race leaving and some speculating that Logan could transfer the frontcourt could be really thin next season, Coach Woodson needs to hit that portal hard for big men.

@Hoosierfan1901 posted this in the offseason thread. If he is starting to get mocked that high then I would be shocked if he came back. 

Edited by Hoosier51
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

If you can go first round, you go.  Its life changing.  Good luck to Trace, loved what he did for us and i hope he succeeds in the NBA

Yeah if he is projected late first early second it would be crazy for him to come back. If he does leave best of luck to him. He is a player that I will always follow his career.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Hoosier51 said:

So with Trayce starting to get mocked into some first rounds and Durr gone, also the possibility of Race leaving and some speculating that Logan could transfer the frontcourt could be really thin next season, Coach Woodson needs to hit that portal hard for big men.

@Hoosierfan1901 posted this in the offseason thread. If he is starting to get mocked that high then I would be shocked if he came back. 

It's been pretty much a given that Trayce would leave since Woodson said "he's ready" in front of the Wyoming game.  We had some wishful thinking that he might not, but realistically, it was pretty clear at that point, IMO.  We should be really happy with the time he spent here, but yeah...he gone.

Edited by FKIM01
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, FKIM01 said:

It's been pretty much a given that Trayce would leave sinec Woodson said "he's ready" in front of the Wyoming game.  We had some wishful thinking that he might not, but realistically, it was pretty clear at that point, IMO.  We should be really happy with the time he spent here, but yeah...he gone.

He will always be one of my favorite Hoosiers, up there with Henderson, Cheaney, Yogi and someone I will get some smirks about Jay Edwards.

• Like 1