Romeo Langford

• Replies 9.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I vote we get back to talking about Romeo and his recruitment and high school play.  Just my opinion.  

My father in law will be a referee for the New Albany vs Pacific game on Friday Feb 9th.  Interested to hear some direct feedback from him about this.  

Hopefully that game is officiated well... And not like most games @Providence 

No insider information. I just believe he would have announced his school by now, if it were in fact IU. I read another post on a different website. It was an interesting theory. The writer felt that he will go to Vanderbilt and play with his friend Darius Garland. However, since he is currently playing high school ball in the state of Indiana. He would prefer to play without receiving a lot of hostility or boos from fans. Consequently, no benefit to announcing early that he will be playing outside his home state. 

25 minutes ago, Desert Hoosier said:

No insider information. I just believe he would have announced his school by now, if it were in fact IU. I read another post on a different website. It was an interesting theory. The writer felt that he will go to Vanderbilt and play with his friend Darius Garland. However, since he is currently playing high school ball in the state of Indiana. He would prefer to play without receiving a lot of hostility or boos from fans. Consequently, no benefit to announcing early that he will be playing outside his home state. 

I'm not sure how accurate this site is... http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/vanderbilt

But according to that, Vandy is already out of scholarships and are now also strongly pursuing EJ Montgomery so without any NBA players on the roster it's going to be interesting to see if/how Drew forces one or two guys to transfer to make room for either Romeo and/or EJ. Also, Romeo is quoted in saying he's close friends with Kansas commit Quentin Grimes so being friends with Garland (which who knows even how close they really are at this point) doesn't hold much weight. Hopefully he makes his decision soon so all these guessing games can be put to rest. 

8 minutes ago, Hoosier82 said:

I'm not sure how accurate this site is... http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/vanderbilt

But according to that, Vandy is already out of scholarships and are now also strongly pursuing EJ Montgomery so without any NBA players on the roster it's going to be interesting to see if/how Drew forces one or two guys to transfer to make room for either Romeo and/or EJ. Also, Romeo is quoted in saying he's close friends with Kansas commit Quentin Grimes so being friends with Garland (which who knows even how close they really are at this point) doesn't hold much weight. Hopefully he makes his decision soon so all these guessing games can be put to rest. 

I agree. It's driving me nuts

4 hours ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

I vote we get back to talking about Romeo and his recruitment and high school play.  Just my opinion.  

My father in law will be a referee for the New Albany vs Pacific game on Friday Feb 9th.  Interested to hear some direct feedback from him about this.  

Tell your father in law to ask Romeo where he is going and it will only be between the 2 of them.

2 hours ago, Desert Hoosier said:

Just looking at it with out my crimson glasses on, that actually makes since. If he was going to chose IU why not do it now? Not wanting slack from Indiana fans makes since during the season.  However, I don’t understand why any out of state recruit in the Five star range would chose Vandy unless something shady was going on.

5 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

Just looking at it with out my crimson glasses on, that actually makes since. If he was going to chose IU why not do it now? Not wanting slack from Indiana fans makes since during the season.  However, I don’t understand why any out of state recruit in the Five star range would chose Vandy unless something shady was going on.

I thought about this way previously, but came to the conclusion that he hasn't decided yet. If he had decided, and it was IU then the logic would work that why not announce already. If he had decided and it wasn't IU, then the logic might work to wait to avoid hostility, but how much hostility did Gary Harris get during his senior year after committing to MSU? The thing is I don't think he's decided or he would have committed there. He's waiting until after his season to make his decision.

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Holmes was talking about the player in  high school.  Keep in mind that Larry Bird only finished 4th in the Mr. Basketball voting his Senior Year.  Bird developed immensely after he got out of high school.  

Considering Bird averaged 31 points and 21 rebounds his senior year, something tells me the Mr. Basketball voters didn’t see him play much lol. 

1 hour ago, Bowhunter said:

Yes it  makes “sense” that he would wait to “choose”- my lord.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

His compeition was also atrocious compared to Romeos. 

There were other D1 players in his conference...two of which went to Louisville and another that was on his team. Competition in that area wasn’t atrocious.

He had 55 points and 38 rebounds one game in an era with no 3 point line and no shot clock. Not to mention the 8 minute quarters. 

Langford has had a better overall HS career but it’s hard to look at Bird’s performance from his senior year and say Langford was Undoubtedly better by the time they left HS.

14 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

There were other D1 players in his conference...two of which went to Louisville and another that was on his team. Competition in that area wasn’t atrocious.

He had 55 points and 38 rebounds one game in an era with no 3 point line and no shot clock. Not to mention the 8 minute quarters. 

Langford has had a better overall HS career but it’s hard to look at Bird’s performance from his senior year and say Langford was Undoubtedly better by the time they left HS.

Who were the two D1 players in his conference.. and what schools did they go to? 

18 minutes ago, Bigred3588 said:

Trying to wrap my head around 38 rebounds. O.o

1 hour ago, Bigred3588 said:

I might be wrong but Romeo should play 8 minute quarters  and no shot clock unless things changed since last Saturday.  Not sure how that supports your argument.  Not saying your wrong

36 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I might be wrong but Romeo should play 8 minute quarters  and no shot clock unless things changed since last Saturday.  Not sure how that supports your argument.  Not saying your wrong

Yeah, I was confused why those were brought up.

Archived