The 2019-20 College Basketball Season (non-IU)

5fouls

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Purdue down a couple TD's early to Illinois. Have 7 points with 9 minutes to go in first half. 3-15 shooting and have zero answer for Illinois big. Maybe we should remember that when we play them?

PU shooting almost as bad as we did yesterday.  19 points at the half.  30% from the field.  1-9 from 3.

Go Hoosiers!!!

8 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

College basketball seems to have taken a huge step in the wrong direction this year.  Not many teams have shooters anymore, at least not more than one.  Maybe they should move the line back up??

I honestly haven’t even thought about how the line move might have changed basketball this year. Anyone have any stats on 3 point shooting percentages this year compared to last?

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

College basketball seems to have taken a huge step in the wrong direction this year.  Not many teams have shooters anymore, at least not more than one.  Maybe they should move the line back up??

Never thought of that.

56 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I honestly haven’t even thought about how the line move might have changed basketball this year. Anyone have any stats on 3 point shooting percentages this year compared to last?

According to Kenpom, college basketball as a whole has the lowest 3 point percentage so far this year since the 3 point line was introduced.

9 hours ago, IUwins0708 said:

I knew it would impact things but not this much...at least start of season to date. College wide...not just with our guys I just don't see shooters anywhere. I see dribble, attack the rim, finish and get to the line guys but pure shooters. Few and far between. Will be something to watch as the season goes along because you think with conference play only now....defense should only get better.

8 hours ago, rico said:

Out of curiosity, how do the attempts compare to last year?

38.7% of FG attempts were 3 pointers last year vs 37.6% this year. This would still be the second highest % ever, just ahead of 2018 which was at 37.5%

1 minute ago, Kdug said:

38.7% of FG attempts were 3 pointers last year vs 37.6% this year. This would still be the second highest % ever, just ahead of 2018 which was at 37.5%

Thank you.

So moving the line back hasn't really affected the attempts number.

Just a general comment on short term memory. Hope our kids have short memories because the Big 10 schedule doesn't allow for wallowing. For example....Purdue is now 2-2 after that loss last night and next 3 are at Michigan, home with Sparty, at Maryland. They could go from 2-1 to 2-5 in conference play real quick making that Virginia win a distant memory. 

This why these next 4 are so important for us. After these next 4 you could make a point there isn't an easy or perceived easy one left on the schedule. 

Archived