Nebraska Postgame Thread

KDB

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do not know where to put this ....when BTN had the tip off show they went to pre-game.  IU was not taking ot serious and Nebraska was more structured.  If that has anything to do with it, they were not locked in.  Really thought this team would be able to make more shots, need to.  Also, do not understand the defense and why ever team has a lights out shooting night- has more to do with the comfortable abilty to come off screens or setup shots with footwork.  

1 minute ago, Hard Hat said:

Think our starting lineup will come out the same next game?  I feel like he needs to find that 5 man lineup that gets the job done.  I See a lot of people not being comfortable with each other.  Very ugly to watch but TJD is a bright spot. 

I think Phinisee needs to start now. He’s ready. He along with TJD took over in OT

Three sub par games in a row. One is an anomaly, two is a coincidence, three is a pattern (credit for that quote goes to Tony Dungy).  

We can’t use the house of horrors excuse like after the Wisconsin game  We can’t use the neutral court tough opponent excuse either.  We played terrible at home against a bad team.  

I’m glad we have a week off to work on some things. Because we have a lot of things we need to work on. 

6 minutes ago, Hard Hat said:

Think our starting lineup will come out the same next game?  I feel like he needs to find that 5 man lineup that gets the job done.  I See a lot of people not being comfortable with each other.  Very ugly to watch but TJD is a bright spot. 

If Archie doesn’t start the next game with the same 5 that ended it tonight, then he just doesn’t get it and most likely never will. 

5 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Got to hand it to Nebraska. They played one heck of a game.  All along, prior to the game, I was thinking that the history and aura of Assembly Hall, tends to bring the best out of visiting teams.  I think tonight proved that to be true. Once again.

I miss the days when the history and aura of Assembly Hall scared the sh?t out of teams and we dominated.

What is funny how the announcers and the post game crew were talking about how great of a game that was.  We are on here talking about how bad it was and how bad IU played.  I was very upset how we played in the first half on both end of the floor but I thought for the most part our offense was better in the second half.  The defense in both halves were horrible and they have to get it cleaned up.  I thought after the UCONN game that our defense was improving but tonight it went back to being horrible.

I just don't know what in the world is wrong with Green because I thought he was looking pretty good until the last 3 games.  At least Archie finally had enough of his street ball play and benched him for good.

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

He might put Rob or Armaan in for Green, but I would bet the other four stay the same. 

Actually I thought the starting lineup did really well to get the 13-4 lead and then we took 4 of them out.  Then they got off to a good start in the second half but it did not last long.

Archived