Nebraska Postgame Thread

KDB

Just now, Parakeet Jones said:

He might put Rob or Armaan in for Green, but I would bet the other four stay the same. 

Actually I thought the starting lineup did really well to get the 13-4 lead and then we took 4 of them out.  Then they got off to a good start in the second half but it did not last long.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can live with open 3’s not falling (although not crazy about continuing to shoot them) and we finally figured out we had to be patient and get into the paint but my biggest concern and disappointment was how easily we got beat off the dribble and let them get to the rim. We frankly just suck off the bounce and it’s going to kill us if we don’t figure that out. 

Brighten up fellas , the Huskers hit some circus shots every time we started to open this game up. Don’t get me wrong , I’d like to see us put teams like this away early, gotta wonder if such an easy early scedule didn’t prepare the team properly. Either way, we won and I expect this team to grow and win more then they lose in the B1G.

Just now, H00sier said:

Brighten up fellas , the Huskers hit some circus shots every time we started to open this game up. Don’t get me wrong , I’d like to see us put teams like this away early, gotta wonder if such an easy early scedule didn’t prepare the team properly. Either way, we won and I expect this team to grow and win more then they lose in the B1G.

Teams seem to hit those shots against us quite a bit. 

6 minutes ago, IU878176 said:

1) it’s a “W” in the record book and we are in the tourney with 9 more.

2) thank you, thank you, thank you TJD for going to IU and please.....stick around for at least another year.

9 more wins is not a lock by any means. We need to beat some tournament teams along the way. 

A few thoughts:

- Definitely one of the least satisfying wins I can remember.

- I'm firmly convinced the die is cast with Green.  Sometimes good, sometimes bad, never consistent or reliable.

- Obviously Trayce was the MVP but one play from overtime that sticks out is when NE had a fast break but Smith & Anderson busted their butts down court with Justin blocking the shot and Damezi corralling the ball.  That play kept the momentum on our side.

- As the clocked ran out Fischer said "and this game is finally over." Amen.

8 minutes ago, CTrojan88 said:

If Archie doesn’t start the next game with the same 5 that ended it tonight, then he just doesn’t get it and most likely never will. 

I think Archie uses this lineup as his version of the Warriors' "death lineup". Not the starting lineup or the lineup with the most minutes, but the one used in crunch time.

Assembly Hall inspires awe in students of the game, and brings out the best in true competitors. However, time and time again, watching other teams shoot the lights out, have career nights, and hit 3’s from every side of the court, can’t be a coincidence. When Nebraska hit a 3 at the end of the shot clock, I knew it would be one of those nights. Again.One or two players on every team seem to far exceed season averages. And it’s not limited to Assembly Hall. Wisconsin just got blown out by Rutgers. But they shot like the Splash Brothers against us. There is reason to be concerned about this team. BUT, we are 10-1, and the last 2 seasons, this team does seem to learn the packline better as the season goes on. Thought it was interesting going with the young players in OT. Rob and TJD. Even Damezi made some huge plays. I find it very telling who Arch played in OT.... HIS guys.

Finding a way to win these games can only be good thing. Can they get better? Yes. One thing about IU since Archie has been here, they seem to get better towards the end of the season. Hopefully this year it will pay off, and I think it will. Saw Sterling calling IU and in particular Archie out for not developing players. Smith is way better than last year. This is the second game with a healthy roster. Looking forward to the next couple of weeks. I think it will show if this team has the toughness they’ll need to compete day in day out in the Big Ten. 

34 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Actually I thought the starting lineup did really well to get the 13-4 lead and then we took 4 of them out.  Then they got off to a good start in the second half but it did not last long.

The ball went through the hoop.  That was the difference.  Brunk hit a tough up and under type from 15 feet.  Al hit a bad shot that bounced at least twice before falling.  We got excited as fans after all that and the huge ally oop dunk by Smith, the team got relaxed, then boom, down 14-13 to Nebraska after that start.  

Archived