2023 NFL Discussion

rico

38 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Colts at 7. 2nd or 3rd in line for QBs.

Still not sold they should take one.  

Can't just take a QB because you need one, he has to be a guy you think is a franchise QB.  I always prefer to take BPA and get as much talent on your team as possible.  I don't know if Levis  is good enough to take at #7

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Can't just take a QB because you need one, he has to be a guy you think is a franchise QB.  I always prefer to take BPA and get as much talent on your team as possible.  I don't know if Levis  is good enough to take at #7

Then you should have loved the Q Nelson pick. 

But... I would be a big fan of a DE if an elite one is there. Yannick's contract is up. 

11 minutes ago, rico said:

Now how many QBs are out there?  Young, Stroud, Richardson, and Levis?  Anyone else?

I mean there are a lot of QBs? 

Confused what you're asking. I would also be pro---- trading down and drafting a QB... 

Like if you could drop some spots and get someone's 2nd+5th, that would probably be the best scenario. 

Edited by btownqb

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

I mean there are a lot of QBs? 

Confused what you're asking. I would also be pro---- trading down and drafting a QB... 

Like if you could drop some spots and get someone's 2nd+5th, that would probably be the best scenario. 

How many QBs are projected 1st rounders?  I can think of 4.  After those 4, who else is out there?

Over the past year I have changed my thinking on what it takes to be successful in the NFL as a team. I am no longer convinced that you need a top pick QB to win. I have seen more misses than hits at the top of the draft. I think you need to use your first pick to get the best WR in the draft. Every team in the hunt for the playoffs except for Baltimore and Tennessee have stud #1 WR or more. I got into lots of arguments last year about where Pittman should be ranked and I still say he is not a #1 on a playoff team. I cannot think of 1 team that has a shot at winning the SB that he would be their #1.  The Eagles have Brown and Smith and now all of a sudden Jalen is an MVP candidate. Tua gets Waddle and Hill and he is near the top in passing stats and has the Dolphins right there. Those 2 QB's would not be successful with the talent the Colts have on offense. For 3 years I have been screaming for play makers and Pierce might get there Paris has flashes, Pittman would be a great #2.  I think you need a more than serviceable QB get him a couple of weapons and give yourself a chance. Lastly as much as people ripped Wentz I think that he covered up just how poor the OL was last year and with a gun shy statue for a QB this year we are seeing it on full display. Wentz covered up a lot of flaws on the offense.

• Like 1