2023 NFL Discussion

rico

12 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Colts could lose it's last 4 games. You don't think we should pick a LG this year with the #6 pick

As critical as I am of Ballard, I don't think it's fair to get on him for not taking a QB with that pick. We still had Luck and he had an MVP caliber year after that pick was made. 

7 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Where did I say that pick should have been a QB but you don't pick a RG that high.

revisionist statements. 

Completely irrelevant to what is currently going on. 

But to speak factually... Q Nelson and B Smiths rookie year? We gave up the least amount of sacks, after having one of the worst OLs in that dept the 2-3 years prior to their arrival. 

You 100% take Q Nelson with that pick..this hindsight talk gets old. 

Edited by btownqb
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, KoB2011 said:

As critical as I am of Ballard, I don't think it's fair to get on him for not taking a QB with that pick. We still had Luck and he had an MVP caliber year after that pick was made. 

And a huge part of that was that pick and the trade in general.  

Hell we won a playoff game that year.  A road playoff game. 

I feel like Raimann was solid again last night. I don't believe the Colts need a LT. I thought the OL was fine last night, at least taking into account Dallas DL is really good. 

The 2nd sack MR for sure got smacked in the face, but I think many QBs playing today would have been able to side step that defender, and kept the play alive.  

There's much more to it than "a pathetic OL"... at least in recent weeks that has been the case. 

Edited by btownqb

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If we get a top 6 pick it has to be a QB, LT or pass rusher.  We need to a QB but don't reach just to pick one, just look at the Jets. Besides Young and Stroud I don't think any other QB is worth a top 10 pick.

I think they'll either take a QB there or with their second round pick. You can do that and then sit them behind Ryan for ~half a season. 

We can say whatever about his physical limitations, many of which were on display last night, particularly in the fourth quarter, but Matt Ryan is a pro's pro and a very smart football player regardless of anything else. He's already under contract and we are paying him no matter what, may as well take advantage of that and let him mentor whoever the future is at QB for a bit. Frankly, learning from Matt Ryan could be a huge difference maker for a guy like Levis, Richardson, or Bo Nix that have all the physical tools.

7 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

The Colts are going to hire Jim Harbough. Andrew Luck is going to come out of retirement and Chris Ballard is going to draft a RG at 6th overall to pair with Nelson. Then Luck is going to struggle, and Colts still won't have an answer at QB lol 

Don't mind the hiring if Harbaugh.

Forgot to say we could useban elite WR as well

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

Don't mind the hiring if Harbaugh.

Forgot to say we could useban elite WR as well

I really do think there's a good chance Harbough is hired. Irsay can say what he wants to the media but Ballard will likely be out the door. I also agree that an elite WR is needed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

If we get a top 6 pick it has to be a QB, LT or pass rusher.  We need to a QB but don't reach just to pick one, just look at the Jets. Besides Young and Stroud I don't think any other QB is worth a top 10 pick.

We pretty clearly don't need a LT. Pass rusher? Ehh... maybe, I guess? You have Paye, Dayo.... YN is a FA after this year.