2023 NFL Discussion

rico

21 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Trading for Matt Ryan lol 

Still funny to think about. He's bad. 

I had no problem with the Ryan trade…it was a minimal draft capital and basically washed from getting rid of Wentz…however that first rd for Wentz is what hurts. Have to identify our qb and get him this time.

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I had no problem with the Ryan trade…it was a minimal draft capital and basically washed from getting rid of Wentz…however that first rd for Wentz is what hurts. Have to identify our qb and get him this time.

Matt Ryan is absolutely horrendous. Should have kept Wentz, clearly. 

Embarrassing,  pathetic,  laughing stock anything that I'm missing.

Jefferson, osbourne, Thielan, Pittman rank those 4 with with your brain and eyes and not your heart and no matter how you cut it Pittman is 4. People think the Colts have playmakers. More convinced that you can win in this league with decent to GOOD QB with some big time playmakers. No one on that offense BESIDES JT shows any homerun ability. They base hit the hell out of you though

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Embarrassing,  pathetic,  laughing stock anything that I'm missing.

Jefferson, osbourne, Thielan, Pittman rank those 4 with with your brain and eyes and not your heart and no matter how you cut it Pittman is 4. People think the Colts have playmakers. More convinced that you can win in this league with decent to GOOD QB with some big time playmakers. No one on that offense BESIDES JT shows any homerun ability. They base hit the hell out of you though

Pittman is #2 in that group. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Matt Ryan is absolutely horrendous. Should have kept Wentz, clearly. 

Wentz would have caused a locker room revolt. It would have been a disaster either way. Ryan is a professional even if he is washed he has the respect of his peers. Nobody is begging for Wentz to come back in Washington. Their season turned around when he went down.

Just now, Billingsley99 said:

Only to you and him. 2 of those guys showed how to ball out and one can't get open Pittman and Thielan made plays when he had to. Pittman is at best a number 2 on a good team. Just how it is,  and I like the guy but don't let my blinders get in the way 

Jefferson makes opportunities for those other two…Theilen is a pros pro but isn’t dangerous….Osborne is on all my Dynasty teams stashed away. Will break him out next year….playing opposite Jefferson is so easy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Wentz would have caused a locker room revolt. It would have been a disaster either way. Ryan is a professional even if he is washed he has the respect of his peers. Nobody is begging for Wentz to come back in Washington. Their season turned around when he went down.

Matt Ryan is absolutely trash... and DL, JT, and Buckner certainly didn't think he would have caused any issues in the lockerroom. 

Matt Ryan is a professional what? Certainly not QB. 

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Only to you and him. 2 of those guys showed how to ball out and one can't get open Pittman and Thielan made plays when he had to. Pittman is at best a number 2 on a good team. Just how it is,  and I like the guy but don't let my blinders get in the way 

You just said current Adam Theilen and KJ Osborne are better than M Pittman. In what world? 

Matt Ryan is absolutely trash... and DL, JT, and Buckner certainly didn't think he would have caused any issues in the lockerroom. 

Matt Ryan is a professional what? Certainly not QB. 

Ok…clearly you hate Matt Ryan. Fair enough…but even last year he was a good qb. Us not being able to run the ball effectively…pass protect…and yes Ryan’s incredible decline caused this year to turn out the way it did…but I see nothing in Carson Wentz to think we would have been any better. This team isn’t good enough to overcome bad qb play. 500 would be the max.

Just now, dgambill said:

Ok…clearly you hate Matt Ryan. Fair enough…but even last year he was a good qb. Us not being able to run the ball effectively…pass protect…and yes Ryan’s incredible decline caused this year to turn out the way it did…but I see nothing in Carson Wentz to think we would have been any better. This team isn’t good enough to overcome bad qb play. 500 would be the max.

Nahh.  He just sucks. 

If Wentz was to "blame" last year, undoubtedly this is on Matt Ryan. He can't move, has the arm strength of a JV QB, and is clearly uncomfortable from being in a new system. 

Undoubtedly we would quite a bit better with the weapons we have now... and Wentz being able to work with them another offseason. Continuity still matters. Matt Ryan clearly isn't good enough to plug and play. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Nahh.  He just sucks. 

If Wentz was to "blame" last year, undoubtedly this is on Matt Ryan. He can't move, has the arm strength of a JV QB, and is clearly uncomfortable from being in a new system. 

Undoubtedly we would quite a bit better with the weapons we have now... and Wentz being able to work with them another offseason. Continuity still matters. Matt Ryan clearly isn't good enough to plug and play. 

Not sure what we are arguing. Both will never be a full time starter again. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, dgambill said:

Right. Wentz is trash, that has nothing to do with Ryan. Washington's season completely turned around when he got hurt and Heineke went in, and Heineke has no talent. 

Wentz may have all the physical tools of an NFL QB, maybe even an elite NFL QB, but he is certainly not a winning NFL QB IMO. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

Right. Wentz is trash, that has nothing to do with Ryan. Washington's season completely turned around when he got hurt and Heineke went in, and Heineke has no talent. 

Wentz may have all the physical tools of an NFL QB, maybe even an elite NFL QB, but he is certainly not a winning NFL QB IMO. 

We got worse to considerably worse at the QB position moving from Wentz to Ryan. Thats my issue. 

27TDs to 7INTs and way less fumbles. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by btownqb

Just now, btownqb said:

We got worse to considerably worse at the QB position moving from Wentz to Ryan. 

I’m actually fine with that. I’d rather this team be bad than mediocre. Being bad forces us to bite the bullet and make a move to draft a qb. Mediocre caused us to keep hopping on the qb couresel.

7 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We got worse to considerably worse at the QB position moving from Wentz to Ryan. Thats my issue. 

27TDs to 7INTs and way less fumbles. 🤷‍♂️

The whole team got a lot worse, you know it isn’t just the QB. Wentz wouldn’t have the numbers this season, either.

Matt Ryan has clearly not been good, but I’d have loved to see what he could’ve done with how the rest of the team played last season. It just never worked out for anyone, all parties involved on the Colts have just been bad. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KoB2011 said:

The whole team got a lot worse, you know it isn’t just the QB. Wentz wouldn’t have the numbers this season, either.

Matt Ryan has clearly not been good, but I’d have loved to see what he could’ve done with how the rest of the team played last season. It just never worked out for anyone, all parties involved on the Colts have just been bad. 

I valued the continuity of it more than anything. It's moot now.. I mostly just wanted to bitch about Matt Ryan right after the game. 

Cards, Saints, or Rams win tom/monday we move "ahead" of them. 

Just now, btownqb said:

I valued the continuity of it more than anything. It's moot now.. I mostly just wanted to bitch about Matt Ryan right after the game. 

Cards, Saints, or Rams win tom/monday we move "ahead" of them. 

Saints and Rams don’t own their picks anyway, and Cards are probably stuck with Kyler. But always the risk of trades, so good for us. Would love to end up top 3. 

• Like 1

We still jump them with wins though. 

Right I get that and it’s great, just saying they don’t own those picks so unless they’re traded those probably aren’t QBs anyway.

I guess maybe the Lions with the Rams pick would, but I don’t think it’s a sure thing the Lions take a QB and the Eagles certainly won’t. 

1 minute ago, IUskim said:

Are there even any winnable games left for us in the season minus maybe Houston at the end?

We have Chargers, Giants and Texans do I would say all if those games are winnable. Colts need to realize the game is 4 quarters because we have lost double digit leads in the 4th 3 times.