TV show binging - making and asking for recommendations

50 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Last episode of Reacher drops soon for anyone waiting so they can binge watch the whole season. Might It would be preferable to Watching IU play at WI? 

There...fixed it for you

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, mrflynn03 said:

What do you think of the new season?

Have you read all the books,

I have read the whole series. I like season 2. Even though I vaguely recall what happens, I still find myself anxiously awaiting the next episode. I've heard season 2 has been a big hit for Amazon.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I have read the whole series. I like season 2. Even though I vaguely recall what happens, I still find myself anxiously awaiting the next episode. I've heard season 2 has been a big hit for Amazon.

As an obvious super fan of the series, do you have a favorite? Ever since Spotify introduced audio books, I've been listening to a few, but out of order (depending on what they have available). So far, the third one: Trip Wire, has been my favorite of any Reacher books/TV Series/movies I've consumed......that villain with the half burnt face and hook is awesomely disturbing. 

1 hour ago, tdhoosier said:

As an obvious super fan of the series, do you have a favorite? Ever since Spotify introduced audio books, I've been listening to a few, but out of order (depending on what they have available). So far, the third one: Trip Wire, has been my favorite of any Reacher books/TV Series/movies I've consumed......that villain with the half burnt face and hook is awesomely disturbing. 

I'd have to review the series to pick out my favorites. IIRC, after the first few they seemed to get into a groove and had some good plots. After awhile (second half of the series?) the plots started getting stale and you could tell they were more worried about cranking out books then putting the effort in they did previously. There were some I really liked that my wife thought were just ok and vice versa. Sometimes it depends on if you have a connection to the location he is in or some other part of the book. "The Secret" opens in Chicago for example so I can relate better given my familiarity. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I'd have to review the series to pick out my favorites. IIRC, after the first few they seemed to get into a groove and had some good plots. After awhile (second half of the series?) the plots started getting stale and you could tell they were more worried about cranking out books then putting the effort in they did previously. There were some I really liked that my wife thought were just ok and vice versa. Sometimes it depends on if you have a connection to the location he is in or some other part of the book. "The Secret" opens in Chicago for example so I can relate better given my familiarity. 

Whadda ya know. I just started The Secret. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Reacher said:

I think that’s part of the reason I liked season one so much. While Margrave is fictional all of the communities being listed in the weather reports I’m very familiar with! Driving home from work in that kind of weather!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Also, 3 Body Problem on Netflix is awesome. I couldn’t stop watching a few weekends ago. I tried reading the book a few years ago, but the translation to English (from Chinese) and the in depth science content made it a very hard read. 

The TV show, produced by the creators of Game of Thrones, dumbed is down (in a good way). Highly, highly recommend.