Jump to content

Welcome to Hoosier Sports Nation | Indiana Basketball and Sports Forum

Welcome to HoosierSportsNation 3.0 -- our newest and best iteration.  We promise we won't bite -- come on in and register to join the party!


Sign in to follow this  
Stlboiler23

What do you do for a living?

Recommended Posts

On 6/5/2020 at 3:34 PM, Stlboiler23 said:

Was an IU fan growing up until I got to middle/high school. Started watching Purdue football in the early 2000’s and my allegiance changed. Never looked back!

Well....with all due respect, you've been taking some very hard "glances". Anyway, glad to have you here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got some good news that I got my first unemployment check for this last week.  My question does anyone know if I should get back pay for the other 3 weeks I put in claims for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Just got some good news that I got my first unemployment check for this last week.  My question does anyone know if I should get back pay for the other 3 weeks I put in claims for.

Eventually you should. They will ask (depending on timeline) do you want retroactive vouchers filed,etc...for those weeks. I'm not in the program but I spent a couple hours last Sunday with a friend who just didn't want to bother with the whole "deal" as he called it. Self employed, real estate sales and he saw his income go to zero overnight. Filed everything for him dating back to March 9th. Just got a text that he had $4,800+ deposited on his Key Debit Card thing. He's in shock right now.....and feels like he's done something wrong now. 

The way I look at it. It's payback time for everyone who worked, paid their taxes,etc....for years without asking for a thing. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Eventually you should. They will ask (depending on timeline) do you want retroactive vouchers filed,etc...for those weeks. I'm not in the program but I spent a couple hours last Sunday with a friend who just didn't want to bother with the whole "deal" as he called it. Self employed, real estate sales and he saw his income go to zero overnight. Filed everything for him dating back to March 9th. Just got a text that he had $4,800+ deposited on his Key Debit Card thing. He's in shock right now.....and feels like he's done something wrong now. 

The way I look at it. It's payback time for everyone who worked, paid their taxes,etc....for years without asking for a thing. 

 

I might not get it because I did receive a check for my vacation time left which was around $1000.00.   I make $304.00 from the state and got the $600.00 federal a week but the federal is probably going to end by the end of July.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I might not get it because I did receive a check for my vacation time left which was around $1000.00.   I make $304.00 from the state and got the $600.00 federal a week but the federal is probably going to end by the end of July.

Every dollar helps. Glad you were able to get!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Figured I’d finally chime in on this thread. If you read the Coronavirus thread you know I lost my job at the end of May. While I’m still looking for the next gig, some good news is I have a 3rd interview tomorrow with a company and a 2nd interview Monday with another. Fingers crossed!

In the meantime, I’m working on marketing consulting, and long term potentially turning it into an agency. My main thing is marketing strategy for direct-to-consumer/eCommerce small businesses and start-ups. Things like mapping out the overall strategy and executing email marketing automation, customer acquisition and retention,, campaign management, FB/IG advertising and web optimization. 

Below is a link to my website that I just launched if you’re interested in checking it out or know of anyone that could use my services. 

www.bmgdigitalco.com

Have already said a prayer that all goes well for you on your interview.  Your are a treasured member of Hoosier Sports Nation.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Figured I’d finally chime in on this thread. If you read the Coronavirus thread you know I lost my job at the end of May. While I’m still looking for the next gig, some good news is I have a 3rd interview tomorrow with a company and a 2nd interview Monday with another. Fingers crossed!

In the meantime, I’m working on marketing consulting, and long term potentially turning it into an agency. My main thing is marketing strategy for direct-to-consumer/eCommerce small businesses and start-ups. Things like mapping out the overall strategy and executing email marketing automation, customer acquisition and retention,, campaign management, FB/IG advertising and web optimization. 

Below is a link to my website that I just launched if you’re interested in checking it out or know of anyone that could use my services. 

www.bmgdigitalco.com

Good luck. I hope it works out well for you!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, milehiiu said:

Have already said a prayer that all goes well for you on your interview.  Your are a treasured member of Hoosier Sports Nation.

Thanks so much, Mile! That means more than you know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Good luck. I hope it works out well for you!

 

Thank you! That means a lot!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Figured I’d finally chime in on this thread. If you read the Coronavirus thread you know I lost my job at the end of May. While I’m still looking for the next gig, some good news is I have a 3rd interview tomorrow with a company and a 2nd interview Monday with another. Fingers crossed!

In the meantime, I’m working on marketing consulting, and long term potentially turning it into an agency. My main thing is marketing strategy for direct-to-consumer/eCommerce small businesses and start-ups. Things like mapping out the overall strategy and executing email marketing automation, customer acquisition and retention,, campaign management, FB/IG advertising and web optimization. 

Below is a link to my website that I just launched if you’re interested in checking it out or know of anyone that could use my services. 

www.bmgdigitalco.com

I know enough to trust things will work out. Bumps along the way will happen. But good, smart people win in the end. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

I know enough to trust things will work out. Bumps along the way will happen. But good, smart people win in the end. 

Thanks, Bluegrass! That means a lot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BGleas said:

Figured I’d finally chime in on this thread. If you read the Coronavirus thread you know I lost my job at the end of May. While I’m still looking for the next gig, some good news is I have a 3rd interview tomorrow with a company and a 2nd interview Monday with another. Fingers crossed!

In the meantime, I’m working on marketing consulting, and long term potentially turning it into an agency. My main thing is marketing strategy for direct-to-consumer/eCommerce small businesses and start-ups. Things like mapping out the overall strategy and executing email marketing automation, customer acquisition and retention,, campaign management, FB/IG advertising and web optimization. 

Below is a link to my website that I just launched if you’re interested in checking it out or know of anyone that could use my services. 

www.bmgdigitalco.com

Good luck on your callback interview Gleas, good things happen to good people, eventually --

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hoosierhoopster said:

Good luck on your callback interview Gleas, good things happen to good people, eventually --

Thanks, HH. I really appreciate it, buddy! Fingers crossed. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BGleas said:

Figured I’d finally chime in on this thread. If you read the Coronavirus thread you know I lost my job at the end of May. While I’m still looking for the next gig, some good news is I have a 3rd interview tomorrow with a company and a 2nd interview Monday with another. Fingers crossed!

In the meantime, I’m working on marketing consulting, and long term potentially turning it into an agency. My main thing is marketing strategy for direct-to-consumer/eCommerce small businesses and start-ups. Things like mapping out the overall strategy and executing email marketing automation, customer acquisition and retention,, campaign management, FB/IG advertising and web optimization. 

Below is a link to my website that I just launched if you’re interested in checking it out or know of anyone that could use my services. 

www.bmgdigitalco.com

You got this! Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Colonialcrester said:

Let us know how it goes!  I've been in your spot a few times!

Let's be honest here. @BGleas is way more attractive to a potential employer than you are.

I mean "I am proficient in soliciting Indonesian hookers" is not quite equal to what BGleas has to offer. 

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

just wanted to share my situation. Going to be lots of prayer and thought over the next couple of weeks.  My boss came to me and basically said that I make too much money. I get a good salary as well as some commission and each year our sales have increased drastically. Even after being shut down for 10 weeks due to Covid and I agreed to take 50% of my weekly salary and not file unemployment and to suspend all of my commissions to help the business stay afloat he came to me with this. I asked when commissions would pick back up, if my commissions were in tact for June I should have made $12,000. (For us life changing)  What I was told was that he wanted me to take a 25% pay cut and would no longer pay commissions. As a salesman, a former coach etc... numbers and competitiveness drive me. I have always believed that the harder I work the better i can make my situation for my team or in sales for my business and my family. He has now put me in a box with a ceiling and I don't like that. I am not wired that way. As of this past Monday I have lots of praying and soul searching to do and also asking for God to help me with my tongue so I don't tell him to shove it in a very uncomfortable location.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, BGleas said:

Figured I’d finally chime in on this thread. If you read the Coronavirus thread you know I lost my job at the end of May. While I’m still looking for the next gig, some good news is I have a 3rd interview tomorrow with a company and a 2nd interview Monday with another. Fingers crossed!

In the meantime, I’m working on marketing consulting, and long term potentially turning it into an agency. My main thing is marketing strategy for direct-to-consumer/eCommerce small businesses and start-ups. Things like mapping out the overall strategy and executing email marketing automation, customer acquisition and retention,, campaign management, FB/IG advertising and web optimization. 

Below is a link to my website that I just launched if you’re interested in checking it out or know of anyone that could use my services. 

www.bmgdigitalco.com

Best of luck my friend. Just based on our our few conversations and what you post  I have no doubt you will have this thing being more productive than you ever imagined. Prayers for success. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

just wanted to share my situation. Going to be lots of prayer and thought over the next couple of weeks.  My boss came to me and basically said that I make too much money. I get a good salary as well as some commission and each year our sales have increased drastically. Even after being shut down for 10 weeks due to Covid and I agreed to take 50% of my weekly salary and not file unemployment and to suspend all of my commissions to help the business stay afloat he came to me with this. I asked when commissions would pick back up, if my commissions were in tact for June I should have made $12,000. (For us life changing)  What I was told was that he wanted me to take a 25% pay cut and would no longer pay commissions. As a salesman, a former coach etc... numbers and competitiveness drive me. I have always believed that the harder I work the better i can make my situation for my team or in sales for my business and my family. He has now put me in a box with a ceiling and I don't like that. I am not wired that way. As of this past Monday I have lots of praying and soul searching to do and also asking for God to help me with my tongue so I don't tell him to shove it in a very uncomfortable location.

Prayers for you...

I always believe tough situations will eventually work out well for good people...

I really hope that holds true for you and @BGleas

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Prayers for you...

I always believe tough situations will eventually work out well for good people...

I really hope that holds true for you and @BGleas

When one door closes. Another one opens. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

just wanted to share my situation. Going to be lots of prayer and thought over the next couple of weeks.  My boss came to me and basically said that I make too much money. I get a good salary as well as some commission and each year our sales have increased drastically. Even after being shut down for 10 weeks due to Covid and I agreed to take 50% of my weekly salary and not file unemployment and to suspend all of my commissions to help the business stay afloat he came to me with this. I asked when commissions would pick back up, if my commissions were in tact for June I should have made $12,000. (For us life changing)  What I was told was that he wanted me to take a 25% pay cut and would no longer pay commissions. As a salesman, a former coach etc... numbers and competitiveness drive me. I have always believed that the harder I work the better i can make my situation for my team or in sales for my business and my family. He has now put me in a box with a ceiling and I don't like that. I am not wired that way. As of this past Monday I have lots of praying and soul searching to do and also asking for God to help me with my tongue so I don't tell him to shove it in a very uncomfortable location.

Very sorry to hear that.  Prayers for you to make the best decisions for your family.  Very sorry this happened, but you are a good man and good things come to good people.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

just wanted to share my situation. Going to be lots of prayer and thought over the next couple of weeks.  My boss came to me and basically said that I make too much money. I get a good salary as well as some commission and each year our sales have increased drastically. Even after being shut down for 10 weeks due to Covid and I agreed to take 50% of my weekly salary and not file unemployment and to suspend all of my commissions to help the business stay afloat he came to me with this. I asked when commissions would pick back up, if my commissions were in tact for June I should have made $12,000. (For us life changing)  What I was told was that he wanted me to take a 25% pay cut and would no longer pay commissions. As a salesman, a former coach etc... numbers and competitiveness drive me. I have always believed that the harder I work the better i can make my situation for my team or in sales for my business and my family. He has now put me in a box with a ceiling and I don't like that. I am not wired that way. As of this past Monday I have lots of praying and soul searching to do and also asking for God to help me with my tongue so I don't tell him to shove it in a very uncomfortable location.

Crappy deal. Only advice I can give you... based on personal experiences.  Keep your mouth shut at work.  Look elsewhere. And don't quit, until you have found another job.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...