Pizza.

Just now, IUFLA said:

Jack's

Home Run Inn

Anything else not named California Pizza Kitchen...

I have not tried their frozen pizza, but the Home Run Inn pizza I had at Midway airport in Chicago is easily the worst pizza I have ever eaten.  Will never eat there again.

4 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I like Mama Cozzi pizzas from Aldi. They have a meatball pizza that when in stock I have to get 2 or 3. 

I tried those about a month ago...the pepperoni/sausage combo...not a whole lotta umpfh in either the pepperoni or sausage...But I'll try the meatball....

Edited by IUFLA

4 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

I have not tried their frozen pizza, but the Home Run Inn pizza I had at Midway airport in Chicago is easily the worst pizza I have ever eaten.  Will never eat there again.

That's too bad...the one in Darien at 75th and Lemont is really good...always crowded...

@Hoosierhoopster

Frozen: ehh. RedBaron used to be my go to in college. Also, I could devour two of those $1 pizzas in about 10 minutes outa the oven. 
I have to say though, the Members Mark 4 pack at Sam’s Club is decent. Choice of cheese or pep. Either way, throw on some banana peppers and other toppings for a quick appetite fix.

Love Calzones also... I’m lucky to not be overweight with the way I eat sometimes

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lostin76 said:

Bobe's takeout was the highlight of my week as a kid!

Was introduced to Bobes as a 1st year teacher in Linton. 

Off topic but its killing me and you may not know the answer. A few years ago we ate at a burger place in Soho that was famous for giant milkshakes. The place was un a basement,  really loud music 50's style setup. I remember the line was forever to get in. Ayden has a memory like a steel trap but this one he just cant recall either. Any help is greatly appreciated.  Its driving me nuts.

Sorry as soon as I hit submit the Black Tapp popped in my head

Edited by Billingsley99

17 hours ago, tdhoosier said:

I will fight somebody over what’s the best deep dish pizza. I’ve put a lot of thought into this over the years so if you want to debate me you better come at me guns blazing. 😎

First, I’ve talked to many people who have developed a negative opinion on deep dish because they either get imposter pizza outside of Chicago or have tried Pizzeria Uno (barf) Or Connies (double barf). If this sounds like you, then give it another try. 

The best Chicago Deep dish is made with the CORNMEAL CRUST. That’s right, you hear me lovers of Girodanos. I’m sorry, but doughy crust with all that cheese and all that sauce just throws off the ratio and it lacks crispiness. We’re supposed to be eating pizza not triangle shaped lasagna.

That leaves you with Lou Malnatis (1A On my list) and Ginos East (1B On my list). Both have great pepperoni and amazing sausage. Lou Malnati’s gets the nod because they have ‘The Lou’ which is a tomato, spinach, mushroom pizza. 

All good thoughts. Lou’s is my clear favorite amongst those options. 

But begs the question: where does Pizano’s fit on your list? That’s probably my #2 (although I really haven’t had Gino’s as much as I should). 

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

Was introduced to Bobes as a 1st year teacher in Linton. 

Off topic but its killing me and you may not know the answer. A few years ago we ate at a burger place in Soho that was famous for giant milkshakes. The place was un a basement,  really loud music 50's style setup. I remember the line was forever to get in. Ayden has a memory like a steel trap but this one he just cant recall either. Any help is greatly appreciated.  Its driving me nuts.

Sorry as soon as I hit submit the Black Tapp popped in my head

Ha, yep that's the only burger place like that in Soho.

13 minutes ago, jimsorgi said:

All good thoughts. Lou’s is my clear favorite amongst those options. 

But begs the question: where does Pizano’s fit on your list? That’s probably my #2 (although I really haven’t had Gino’s as much as I should). 

Never have been to Pizzano's; there wasn't one near me where I grew up in the NW burbs, but have heard good things. I need to remember that next time I'm in the city, which seems less and less often as I'm getting older. 

17 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm showing my frugal side. As a few mentioned earlier in thread. Jack's is fine by me. If I hit the Monon hard $2.79 3 Meat from Kroger is fine by me. Again...not a pizza guy so I'm good with whatever as long as it doesn't resemble Sunday dinner during Goodfellas.

I used to do those Stouffers french bread pizzas in college. Because they were easy and cheap.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hoosierhoopster said:

I used to do those Stouffers french bread pizzas in college. Because they were easy and cheap.

Yeah, I'll take a Stouffer's french bread pepperoni in a pinch...same with pepperoni pizza rolls. I'm just a sucker for pepperoni I guess...

I did buy a 2 pack of uncured pepperoni pizzas with a cauliflower crust at Costco a while back. Ended up picking off the pepperoni and ditching the rest...

• Like 1