Pizza.

1 minute ago, dbmhoosier said:

Don't forget some good beer.

I gave that up for the most part. If I do have a beer it is a Guinness or A Black and Tan Guinness and Bass. On the 4th we did celebrate at our house with our 2 adult kids and their significant others and I played beer pong for the first time and Mom and Dad kicked everyone's butts. I then introduced them to a classic (Covid version) of sink the Bismarck!!!

2 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

I still can't get over the size and look of the milkshakes. We all want to get back to NYC asap, the wife has always wanted to spend Christmas in the city.

Christmas in the city is one of my favorite times - the lights and cheer just make everything so magical.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lostin76 said:

Christmas in the city is one of my favorite times - the lights and cheer just make everything so magical.

Hoping to make it happen soon, especially since Santa does not have to come to our house per se.  Ice skating Rockefeller Square would be awesome

Edited by Billingsley99
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Hoping to make it happen soon, especially since Santa does not have to come to our house per se.  Ice skating Rockefeller Square would be awesome

That's probably a good plan.  I doubt anyone wants you shooting your eye out again with that Red Rider BB gun.

3 hours ago, Billingsley99 said:

We almost never go to Midtown - way too stressful with all the people. BUT, we always check out that area during Christmas. Another thing not to be missed are the windows at Bergdorf and a few other big department stores. My wife and I have a yearly ritual if we are in town for Christmas - we wake up on Christmas morning at 5am and run from our house, over the Brooklyn Bridge, and up Broadway to the windows. The city is dead quiet and no lines of people.

3 hours ago, milehiiu said:

Never been to NYC.  But always have been impressed by the Empire State building light shows.

Empire State Building Holiday Light Show 

They just started these a few years ago and they are beloved by everyone - really neat to see the calendar they have for why the lights are the colors they are.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Lostin76 said:

We almost never go to Midtown - way too stressful with all the people. BUT, we always check out that area during Christmas. Another thing not to be missed are the windows at Bergdorf and a few other big department stores. My wife and I have a yearly ritual if we are in town for Christmas - we wake up on Christmas morning at 5am and run from our house, over the Brooklyn Bridge, and up Broadway to the windows. The city is dead quiet and no lines of people.

They just started these a few years ago and they are beloved by everyone - really neat to see the calendar they have for why the lights are the colors they are.

I really cant wait to do it. Not so sure we will be running across the Brookyln Bridge though

• Like 1