Pizza.

1 hour ago, HoosierFaithful said:

My wife picked the brand but yep, it’s a midrange ~$500ish outdoor pizza oven.  It’s like a table top.

We’ve found dough > all else.  We use King 00 Flour (or something like that) which all of the internet raves about.  It made a HUGE difference over any other dough we’ve used.  

I've found that Flour makes a big difference.

It took awhile but I found White Lily is best for biscuits.

And semolina is best for pasta.  

• 4 weeks later...

As I get older I've two things are absolute.  I can't eat Pizza Hut ever.  Don't know what is is but I'll be shittin through a screen door in an hour or two. 

It doesn't make sense to me, I like spicy food, eat a load of jalapeño and habanero peppers, love many varieties of hot sauces. 

Put jalapeños on any Papa Johns Pizza and I'll be on the toilet in the middle of the night. WTF?  I hate my colon. 

1 hour ago, mrflynn03 said:

As I get older I've two things are absolute.  I can't eat Pizza Hut ever.  Don't know what is is but I'll be shittin through a screen door in an hour or two. 

Sounds like the voice of experience...must be one helluva screen door !!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, mrflynn03 said:

I like their pepperoni, sausage and the salad dressing. 

I know it isn't pizza, but I believe they have a Maggiano's in Indy... Their Taylor St baked ziti has the best Italian sausage I've ever tasted... Took the wife to the one on Post Oak Blvd in Houston the other night... 

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Sent a few of those this past week. Hope you enjoyed!

Oh I did...

My wife bought them for me...My favorite is always pepperoni...Her favorite (from Lou's) is the Italian Beef with Giardiniera peppers...

So I got 1 pepperoni and 2 Italian Beef with Giardiniera :) 

Her world, I just revolve around it ;) 

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Oh I did...

My wife bought them for me...My favorite is always pepperoni...He favorite (from Lou's) is the Italian Beef with Giardiniera peppers...

So I got 1 pepperoni and 2 Italian Beef with Giardiniera :) 

Her world, I just revolve around it ;) 

And when you buy Lou's you indirectly support IU. Son of Lou is Marc....IU guy. This was a brief write up after they opened their 3rd here in town.

https://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/dining/restaurants/2021/10/20/lou-malnatis-pizzeria-opening-nov-1-broad-ripple/8529776002/

• Like 2

Speaking of Lous, I ordered 2 pizzas from them 2 weeks ago. I had a coupon for 1 free deep dish medium with the purchase of a large deep dish. Had 2 ingredients on the large, 3 on the medium. Total was $53!  Would have been around $75 if not for the coupon. That is just getting out of hand. I love my Lous (and Giordanos) but I can go to a restaurant and get dinner and drinks for that price. Just don't see myself ordering from them as much going forward.

• Like 2

Just now, Seeking6 said:

And when you buy Lou's you indirectly support IU. Son of Lou is Marc....IU guy. This was a brief write up after they opened their 3rd here in town.

https://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/dining/restaurants/2021/10/20/lou-malnatis-pizzeria-opening-nov-1-broad-ripple/8529776002/

They opened a cool one in Naperville in an old fire station right before we came down here...

I liked the frozen one we had last night, but the fresh ones are great...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I know it isn't pizza, but I believe they have a Maggiano's in Indy... Their Taylor St baked ziti has the best Italian sausage I've ever tasted... Took the wife to the one on Post Oak Blvd in Houston the other night... 

They have a Maggianos in Nashville. My son was thrilled they had their company Christmas dinner there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I hope Marc is donating to the NIL!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

They have a Maggianos in Nashville. My son was thrilled they had their company Christmas dinner there.

We used to go to the one on Freedom Dr in Naperville...My son in law took us there after he'd asked my oldest to marry him...I love the place myself...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Speaking of Lous, I ordered 2 pizzas from them 2 weeks ago. I had a coupon for 1 free deep dish medium with the purchase of a large deep dish. Had 2 ingredients on the large, 3 on the medium. Total was $53!  Would have been around $75 if not for the coupon. That is just getting out of hand. I love my Lous (and Giordanos) but I can go to a restaurant and get dinner and drinks for that price. Just don't see myself ordering from them as much going forward.

I'm with you. Since my Dad moved into an assisted living facility most of his meals are provided...but come holiday time we always take him 2 things. Lou's and White Castles....but I'm not doing the shipping thing again.

It's cheaper for me to go to the store here in Indy. Buy the frozen pizzas just before we hit road and take them that way. $77 for 2 pies is a bit much using the delivery option.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

We used to go to the one on Freedom Dr in Naperville...My son in law took us there after he'd asked my oldest to marry him...I love the place myself...

Between that one and Oak Brook, I go there a fair amount. Have had a number of company lunch meetings in their banquet rooms. I like the take home pasta you get when you buy one of their classic pasta entrees

• Like 1