Pizza.

1 minute ago, Reacher said:

Between that one and Oak Brook, I go there a fair amount. Have had a number of company lunch meetings in their banquet rooms. I like the take home pasta you get when you buy one of their classic pasta entrees

As I said, I'm pretty much a Taylor St ziti guy, and I always have a slice of cheesecake, even though it's up to $10

7 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Speaking of Lous, I ordered 2 pizzas from them 2 weeks ago. I had a coupon for 1 free deep dish medium with the purchase of a large deep dish. Had 2 ingredients on the large, 3 on the medium. Total was $53!  Would have been around $75 if not for the coupon. That is just getting out of hand. I love my Lous (and Giordanos) but I can go to a restaurant and get dinner and drinks for that price. Just don't see myself ordering from them as much going forward.

I read an article not long ago that stated no meal is worth more than $25 on its own! After that you are paying for the experience or the service! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm with you. Since my Dad moved into an assisted living facility most of his meals are provided...but come holiday time we always take him 2 things. Lou's and White Castles....but I'm not doing the shipping thing again.

It's cheaper for me to go to the store here in Indy. Buy the frozen pizzas just before we hit road and take them that way. $77 for 2 pies is a bit much using the delivery option.

I have bought their frozen ones before and will likely go that way more often. Only problem is you have to add your own ingredients if you want to customize. My wife likes mushrooms on her half :panic:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Drroogh said:

I read an article not long ago that stated no meal is worth more than $25 on its own! After that you are paying for the experience or the service! 

Probably true. One nice thing about a good stuffed pizza, is it is enough for 2 meals. 30 years ago I could eat half of a large stuffed, nowadays, while I would like to eat 3 slices, I usually limit myself to 2. 

4 minutes ago, Reacher said:

Restaurant wine is the biggest rip off. I guess you can add cocktails to that as well. Even at a nice restaurant, I will pretty much stick to one glass of wine. 

It definitely is...even beer any more, especially the crafts...But I like a lot of them so I pay :)

I loved living near Naperville...A lot of really great places to eat in the area...Heaven on 7 is still my favorite restaurant of all time, even though the Naperville location is closed...We ate there pretty much every Friday for a couple of years

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

I'm with you. Since my Dad moved into an assisted living facility most of his meals are provided...but come holiday time we always take him 2 things. Lou's and White Castles....but I'm not doing the shipping thing again.

It's cheaper for me to go to the store here in Indy. Buy the frozen pizzas just before we hit road and take them that way. $77 for 2 pies is a bit much using the delivery option.

I only do delivery on Lous for a bday or holidays.  By the time I get to Indy and get Lous I've been to a dozen other places and I'm out way more than delivery. 

There is a grocery store in Bloomington called Fresh Thyme that sells Gino's frozen pizza. I prefer Lous but that's a good backup. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

I have bought their frozen ones before and will likely go that way more often. Only problem is you have to add your own ingredients if you want to customize. My wife likes mushrooms on her half :panic:

My only requirement is every pizza has to have onions. I love mushrooms though. Luckily my wife and I are on the same page with ingredients. 

20 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I only do delivery on Lous for a bday or holidays.  By the time I get to Indy and get Lous I've been to a dozen other places and I'm out way more than delivery. 

There is a grocery store in Bloomington called Fresh Thyme that sells Gino's frozen pizza. I prefer Lous but that's a good backup. 

Pretty similar just different sauces. Both are good though if deep dish is your thing.

12 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Pretty similar just different sauces. Both are good though if deep dish is your thing.

I'm a fan of most styles. They each have their own unique qualities. 

First time I went to Chicago I picked Lous because I was walking by. In 2008 I didn't have today's internet access in my pocket. 

Funny story though, to me anyway. My wife is from a town about 20 minutes north of Danville, IL. They swear by Monicals thin crust. First time we all went out I asked for ranch. They looked at me funny.  Pizza and salad came I'm the only using ranch and they're dousing everything in this French looking dressing.  I dip my pizza in ranch like I always do and they went quiet and other people are looking at me funny. With a mouthful I'm like What?  

I was informed you dip Monicals pizza in their dressing.  Since then I alternate between sweet and tart and ranch because I like to be different.

Three things we get when we visit my in laws, Monicals pizza, a bottle of Monicals sweet and tart, and Gross' Burgers double mozz from Westville.  

Post got a bit long winded.

TL:DR

I like food. 

Edited by mrflynn03
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

I'm a fan of most styles. They each have their own unique qualities. 

First time I went to Chicago I picked Lous because I was walking by. In 2008 I didn't have today's internet access in my pocket. 

Funny story though, to me anyway. My wife is from a town about 20 minutes north of Danville, IL. They swear by Monicals thin crust. First time we all went out I asked for ranch. They looked at me funny.  Pizza and salad came I'm the only using ranch and they're dousing everything in this French looking dressing.  I dip my pizza in ranch like I always do and they went quiet and other people are looking at me funny. With a mouthful I'm like What?  

I was informed you dip Monicals pizza in their dressing.  Since then I alternate between sweet and tart and ranch because I like to be different.

Three things we get when we visit my in laws, Monicals pizza, a bottle of Monicals sweet and tart, and Gross' Burgers double mozz from Westville.  

Know Monicals for sure. My GreatGrandparents had a big farm South of Rantoul....and my Grandfather did something at Chanute when it was opened (I think it's closed now) but when we would visit them and on our way to Indy we would hit Monicals every once in awhile. Good stuff for sure!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seeking6 said:

Know Monicals for sure. My GreatGrandparents had a big farm South of Rantoul....and my Grandfather did something at Chanute when it was opened (I think it's closed now) but when we would visit them and on our way to Indy we would hit Monicals every once in awhile. Good stuff for sure!

Been closed for a while...My uncle was the boiler room boss there for years...

I actually put it on my dream sheet (places I wanted to be stationed) coming out of tech school...the advisor (Msgt)  looks at me (Airman) and says, "you're an ATCer and they don't have an operational airfield...good fit, dummy." :) 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Been closed for a while...My uncle was the boiler room boss there for years...

I actually put it on my dream sheet (places I wanted to be stationed) coming out of tech school...the advisor (Msgt)  looks at me (Airman) and says, "you're an ATCer and they don't have an operational airfield...good fit, dummy." :) 

You wanted to be stationed in Rantoul?  I guess when I met my wife it was already closed. My wife's uncle Bobby used to work on base as a civilian contractor.  

14 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

It's so funny to me there are so many Monicals but they have their favorite locations.  

We went to Hoopston once and I said this is where Scott Eells if from. They were like who?  I said a player on IUs 76 team. They had no idea what I was talking about. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mrflynn03 said:

You wanted to be stationed in Rantoul?  I guess when I met my wife it was already closed. My wife's uncle Bobby used to work on base as a civilian contractor.  

Young and ignorant...It was close to home...Initially had orders to Grissom AFB, but got diverted 6 weeks before I graduated and ended up at Scott AFB...And that was an incredible stroke of luck :) 

• Like 1