Pizza.

• 2 weeks later...

From the frozen pizza front...had one of these last night...really good, better than any of the bargain basement frozen pizza I've had. Pepperoni, sausage, and sauce all had some nice bite to them, which is my big gripe about most others...$4.12

HEB rocks...

Screenshot_20200720-123336.png

Edited by IUFLA

My assorted comments on the topic-

I went to Vito and Nicks once. Not impressed.

I like thin just as much as Chicago style. 

I used to have a Giordanos close by so that was my standby. Also like Ginos East. Just saw they have one in South Haven, MI!  Malnattis is 3rd place in my book.

Rosatis has a nice thin crust and great calzones. 

A favorite for thin crust that is no longer around is Bertuccis wood fired pizza. 

Had the Pizza Hut Detroit style for the first time this weekend. Not bad. 

For Frozen, Connies and or Neumans are what I usually get. Nothing wrong Tombstone or Jacks. I've had my share of both. 

1 hour ago, Reacher said:

My assorted comments on the topic-

I went to Vito and Nicks once. Not impressed.

I like thin just as much as Chicago style. 

I used to have a Giordanos close by so that was my standby. Also like Ginos East. Just saw they have one in South Haven, MI!  Malnattis is 3rd place in my book.

Rosatis has a nice thin crust and great calzones. 

A favorite for thin crust that is no longer around is Bertuccis wood fired pizza. 

Had the Pizza Hut Detroit style for the first time this weekend. Not bad. 

For Frozen, Connies and or Neumans are what I usually get. Nothing wrong Tombstone or Jacks. I've had my share of both. 

We ate at the one in South Haven, MI last year...it was not as good as the Chicago location. We were really disappointed as I love Ginos East in Chicago.

Edited by FritzIam4IU
  • Sad 1

• 5 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Just got word the Lou Malnatis is opening a location in Carmel. Very excited about that, also working hard to get their account. 

They also have plans to open in Broad Ripple by 2021. Born in Chicago and I know what I'm getting ready to say is blasphemy but just never have been a fan of that style. With that said I know the masses love it and with asmany Illinois license plates/transplants I've been seeing here in Carmel/Indy....seems like a good move for LM's. 

Edited by Seeking6

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

They also have plans to open in Broad Ripple by 2021. Born in Chicago and I know what I'm getting ready to say is blasphemy but just never have been a fan of that style. With that said I know the masses love it and with asmany Illinois license plates/transplants I've been seeing here in Carmel/Indy....seems like a good move for LM's. 

I do love that style and LM and art of pizza in Chicago are my 2 favorites.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

I do love that style and LM and art of pizza in Chicago are my 2 favorites.  

All things being equal, I prefer thin crust pizza, but of all of the deep dish joints in Chicago, I do prefer Malnati's...

Sidenote: HEB (THE Texas grocery store) started carrying Gino's East frozen pies. Already the only source for Home Run Inn pizza

Edited by IUFLA
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, bronkonagurski said:

For frozen pizza I have a fondness for Jack's Mexican-style pizza. Just bought 4 for $10 at Kroger's! 😎

I use to be a Jack's junkie, but HEB came out with their brand of frozen pizza, and it's awesome. 4 bucks per, but the sausage and pepperoni (together), and the supreme are killer.