It’s time... Fire Archie Miller

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, IU Scott said:

There is no way he gets a 6th year if we don't show great improvement.

I agree Archie has the rest of this season an next year ! I am sure he knows that also, that seat is getting very warm. He’s got to become a consistent winner. Put multiple wins together. We want to be in the top third of the Big Ten every year. Not bottom third! 

3 hours ago, OLDIUFAN said:

I agree Archie has the rest of this season an next year ! I am sure he knows that also, that seat is getting very warm. He’s got to become a consistent winner. Put multiple wins together. We want to be in the top third of the Big Ten every year. Not bottom third! 

The only way he gets a fifth year if he does is because dolson what’s hired because he is a yes man and helped raise a lot of the money for new facilities. He is indebted to glass for the job and Archie is glass’s next iconic IU basketball coach so unfortunately Archie will get more time than he has earned!

20 hours ago, cybergates said:

Neither

Year-Win Streak-Conf Win Streak

2018-4-4

2019-7-4

2020-8-2

2021-2-2

14 hours ago, Indykev said:

it was a btown radio show, so there you have it. ONCE in 4 years an Archie IU team has won 4 in a row.

Happened in 2018 near the end of the season as well. For comparison, Holtman has 4+ conference win steaks 3x (7 and 4 in 2018 w/ his 1st/inherited team that went 15-3, and near the end of the season in 2020).

Archie twice

Holtman 3x (twice in one season)

On 1/26/2021 at 12:08 PM, KoB2011 said:

Happy to continue enlightening the dumb dumbs.

Year 1: Missed postseason

Year 2: Bubble team that went to the NIT

Year 3: Consensus was we were in, we'll never now how far we could have gone

Year 4: We look to be in with a chance to have a better seed than we'd have likely had last year.

Hard to argue that isn't improving YoY. Is it as fast as we all want? Hell no. But if you keep getting better each year and don't take a step back, you do eventually get to where you want to be and stay there. 

Be interesting if we take a step back without TJD. I think he stays, but I also want the staff to get out there and get a transfer or 2 that will be immediate impact guys. Not saying All Big Ten caliber, but impact guys. 

If we do step backwards next season, the talk will be that Archie peaked this season. Dolson won’t be giving an extension after year 5 if there is regression. Buyout will be low enough to part ways. Big off-season coming.   

2 hours ago, Hoosierdave said:

I still right now thinks he gets next year because of budget concerns but not making the tournament and watching a team like Purdue competing on our home court could easily change that.

Having the entire ncaa tourney in indianapolis.... and not even be in it would be embarrassing and unacceptable, to say the least. 

19 minutes ago, firearchie said:

Why not give Rick Pitino a shot!!??  He is a proven winner wherever he goes.  He made mistakes just like all the rest of us.  He has paid his dues.  He is making peanuts where he is now and we can offer big bucks.  Has to be better than what we are dealing with now.

No thank you and he is around 70 years old

20 minutes ago, firearchie said:

Why not give Rick Pitino a shot!!??  He is a proven winner wherever he goes.  He made mistakes just like all the rest of us.  He has paid his hookers.  He is making peanuts where he is now and we can offer big bucks.  Has to be better than what we are dealing with now.

Fixed

2 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Archie gets next year at least. Thad Matta is who I would hire 💯 if he can’t finish strong this year and next. Might not be around by then. 

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Matta ends up coaching again at Butler if Lavall Jordan doesn’t get things figured out next year. I think he gets another year but he’s not done great as their head coach. 

6 hours ago, Feathery said:

Be interesting if we take a step back without TJD. I think he stays, but I also want the staff to get out there and get a transfer or 2 that will be immediate impact guys. Not saying All Big Ten caliber, but impact guys. 

If we do step backwards next season, the talk will be that Archie peaked this season. Dolson won’t be giving an extension after year 5 if there is regression. Buyout will be low enough to part ways. Big off-season coming.   

I hope TJD stays.  I have no idea if he will, but I am not sure what the NBA interest is in a 6-8 forward with no evidence of a jumper.  He obviously could play and make a living overseas or the G league. If he goes, I would like Archie to find a big on the transfer market, even if Brunk comes back next season.   If TJD does come back, with the Parker Stewart addition, and pretty much everyone else back, there would be no excuse for Archie not to have a good 5th season.  

On 1/27/2021 at 7:20 PM, EvilleHoosier said:

I hope TJD stays.  I have no idea if he will, but I am not sure what the NBA interest is in a 6-8 forward with no evidence of a jumper.  He obviously could play and make a living overseas or the G league. If he goes, I would like Archie to find a big on the transfer market, even if Brunk comes back next season.   If TJD does come back, with the Parker Stewart addition, and pretty much everyone else back, there would be no excuse for Archie not to have a good 5th season.  

I don't see any reason why he doesn't come back for a couple reasons...

1. He's not listed on any mock drafts that I've seen at this point (I don't think Garza is either if that matters)

2. He could test the waters and possibly do some workouts, but his body if work speaks for itself and he's only effective around the rim. As soon as he works out and starts shooting 15+ footers, his stock will plummet because he can't hit them.

I really do feel that we can only get better next year with him back, Stewart coming in, and our young guys having a year of experience. It can't get much worse. Plus I think Durham graduating will be addition by subtraction.

Honest questions...

If CAM is done after this year or next, who are the candidates to replace him? Is IUBB to the point that we can't bring in a bigger name already proven coach?

I start to wonder if coaches see the high expectations from the fan base and would prefer to not leave their current situations that may be very comfortable with manageable expectations.

I, along with the rest of you, absolutely want IUBB to be elite and considered a blue blood again. But I think the reality of it is that rebuilding this program very well may take longer than most are willing to accept.

9 minutes ago, T-Free20 said:

I don't see any reason why he doesn't come back for a couple reasons...

1. He's not listed on any mock drafts that I've seen at this point (I don't think Garza is either if that matters)

2. He could test the waters and possibly do some workouts, but his body if work speaks for itself and he's only effective around the rim. As soon as he works out and starts shooting 15+ footers, his stock will plummet because he can't hit them.

I really do feel that we can only get better next year with him back, Stewart coming in, and our young guys having a year of experience. It can't get much worse. Plus I think Durham graduating will be addition by subtraction.

We can only be better as a team with TJD returning but will he get better by returning? He hasn’t developed an outside shot at IU so he could very well benefit by better coaching and development in the nba g-league 

On 1/27/2021 at 3:38 PM, firearchie said:

Why not give Rick Pitino a shot!!??  He is a proven winner wherever he goes.  He made mistakes just like all the rest of us.  He has paid his dues.  He is making peanuts where he is now and we can offer big bucks.  Has to be better than what we are dealing with now.

Just asking.... But are there strippers in Bloomington???

2 hours ago, T-Free20 said:

Honest questions...

If CAM is done after this year or next, who are the candidates to replace him? Is IUBB to the point that we can't bring in a bigger name already proven coach?

I start to wonder if coaches see the high expectations from the fan base and would prefer to not leave their current situations that may be very comfortable with manageable expectations.

I, along with the rest of you, absolutely want IUBB to be elite and considered a blue blood again. But I think the reality of it is that rebuilding this program very well may take longer than most are willing to accept.

IU definitely can, it's will they?  It's all up to the IU admin.  As far as coaches are concerned, most are highly driven and believe they can win.  A basketball program should be and is much easier to build up compared to football.  Especially, with the free agency market the last several years.  

Archived