Potential replacement coaches

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It doesn't sound like there is a plan though.  This is wildly flailing around while drowning hoping to find a branch to catch and hold onto.  Usually that means you are dead meat.

Who is wildly flailing around? A bunch of fans on forums and a few "reporters" on Twitter isn't Dolson's problem.

8 minutes ago, PhinithreeMagic said:

Who is wildly flailing around? A bunch of fans on forums and a few "reporters" on Twitter isn't Dolson's problem.

Guess we will find out won't we.  I am sure that if we end up with Woodson that we will hear that was the plan all along though.

I think we are amateur hour at IU and we have been for half my life.

Edit:  And Woodson could work out, but I think we will have a pretty good idea if there was a plan or not soon.  There are some names you don't blow $10 million from a booster to land.

13 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I think one person in particular got a little too arrogant and it wasn’t as tight lipped as some on here seem to think. Dolson wasn’t the cocky one, it’s one of his jackass helpers

Well, that person, probably should look for a new job.

I have heard the angle where Stevens camp used the media for a raise.  With that, there was hearsay being created.  This was told to me by someone that is asumming based on his history of hiring in athletic departments.  

Regardless, my stance is stay in the family.

And, just heard smarts cousin on LSU during broadcast.  A sign?  HA

42 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

That’s a lie.  They have talked to a ton of coaches and IU isn’t the brand it use to be.  Had all their eggs in one basket and that usually doesn’t work well, and it didnt

What part is the lie? Sorry I’m not comprehending. My question is, did we ask Matta or is it not true. I agree we asked Stevens. I just don’t know what to believe about the Matta saga.

23 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

I think one person in particular got a little too arrogant and it wasn’t as tight lipped as some on here seem to think. Dolson wasn’t the cocky one, it’s one of his jackass helpers

Well, that person, probably should look for a new job.

I have heard the angle where Stevens camp used the media for a raise.  With that, there was hearsay being created.  This was told to me by someone that is asumming based on his history of hiring in athletic departments.  

Regardless, my stance is stay in the family.

And, communicated Smart's cousin on LSU during broadcast.  A sign?  HA

17 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

It doesn't sound like there is a plan though.  This is wildly flailing around while drowning hoping to find a branch to catch and hold onto.  Usually that means you are dead meat.

This could be true, it is equally likely that Dolson has a plan and he just hasn't shared it. It's not like we've had the opening for an unreasonable amount of time. 

14 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

Guess we will find out won't we.  I am sure that if we end up with Woodson that we will hear that was the plan all along though.

I think we are amateur hour at IU and we have been for half my life.

Edit:  And Woodson could work out, but I think we will have a pretty good idea if there was a plan or not soon.  There are some names you don't blow $10 million from a booster to land.

IU with all the tech, Cuban School, Telecom department, Journalism school and others could do so much more.  

Maybe they are timing the announcement for when they can have the spotlight during the tourney.  

9 minutes ago, KoB2011 said:

This could be true, it is equally likely that Dolson has a plan and he just hasn't shared it. It's not like we've had the opening for an unreasonable amount of time. 

Our panic is strictly based on internet fodder. We really know nothing. Yet we are jumping to conclusions.

Archived