It's time.... HIRE BRAD STEVENS!

3 minutes ago, Shapopojoe said:

Gee, another sign might be the so-called insiders just disappearing the past hour or so...crickets...rubes

Calm down.  You act like someone just slept with your wife.  Nothing is done until we have hired a coach.  If this is a Nick Saban deal you are going to owe several apologies.

This is LITERALLY Donovan all over again exactly. And all it does is set up the next coach to be even less fun to hire. It’s the single worst PR thing that can happen for the fanbase. 

a week ago I would’ve been pumped to have Beard. No it’s like “ok 🤷🏻‍♂️.”

And if we don’t get a name at that level, I mean WTF.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

if Stevens turned it down strictly due to wanting to be in the NBA, there's nothing we could do.  if we offered to double his salary, then so be it.  sucks.  i'm bummed.  that said, next man up.  Beard would be exciting.  i'm good with Musselman.  maybe Beilein.  let's pray TJD comes back and that Stewart is solid.  

• Like 2

Here is what I think will be one of the most disappointing aspects of not getting Brad. Right now as a fan base we are united in wanting him to be our coach. Pretty soon I’m afraid our fan base, and sadly our board here, will become Balkanized as everyone gets into the camp of “their guy” and then is mad/sad when their guy doesn’t get the job. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BADGERVOL said:

This is LITERALLY Donovan all over again exactly. And all it does is set up the next coach to be even less fun to hire. It’s the single worst PR thing that can happen for the fanbase. 

a week ago I would’ve been pumped to have Beard. No it’s like “ok 🤷🏻‍♂️.”

And if we don’t get a name at that level, I mean WTF.

As far as IU and Dolson are concerned, they’ve done nothing to suggest to the fan base that they’ve even contacted Stevens 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

if Stevens turned it down strictly due to wanting to be in the NBA, there's nothing we could do.  if we offered to double his salary, then so be it.  sucks.  i'm bummed.  that said, next man up.  Beard would be exciting.  i'm good with Musselman.  maybe Beilein.  let's pray TJD comes back and that Stewart is solid.  

If we truly can offer big bucks, we will get someone good.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Parakeet Jones said:

Here is what I think will be one of the most disappointing aspects of not getting Brad. Right now as a fan base we are united in wanting him to be our coach. Pretty soon I’m afraid our fan base, and sadly our board here, will become Balkanized as everyone gets into the camp of “their guy” and then is mad/sad when their guy doesn’t get the job. 

I'll give whoever we hire a chance...

But as I said before, if we're in this position again in 4 years, it won't be seen as the coach's failure...

It'll be Dolson's failure...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IUwins0708 said:

My apologies peeps, I was honestly more confident on this than Sampson because it came from multiple reports.  I’m sick, seriously sick to my stomach. 

Its ok my man.  You brought what information you had.  There was smoke coming from every insider on every site and they were all pointing to the same thing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, IUwins0708 said:

My apologies peeps, I was honestly more confident on this than Sampson because it came from multiple reports.  I’m sick, seriously sick to my stomach. 

You were passing on what you were hearing. You trusted your sources. They probably believed what they were telling you. It's unfortunate that it appears to be bad info but I see no wrongdoing and still thank you for passing on the info you were getting.