Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.

3 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

Shake shack takes the cake 

Shake Shack opened their first Indiana location yesterday (Fishers). Lines up and down the area. Maybe it's because I spent time in NYC for so long with work....don't get me wrong. Good burger....but I'm not waiting an hour for one anytime soon.

Regarding Brooks though. Still thinking no. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NotIThatLives said:

For ice cream it's not even close.  Freddy's.  

Food.  Burgers a slight nod to freddy's.  Overall versitility of SS with 247.  

If I'm going to lunch and they are sitting next to each other I chose freddy's 100 out of 99 times.  Twice on Sunday.  

Freddy's all day every day and twice on Sunday....love that sauce 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Shake Shack opened their first Indiana location yesterday (Fishers). Lines up and down the area. Maybe it's because I spent time in NYC for so long with work....don't get me wrong. Good burger....but I'm not waiting an hour for one anytime soon.

Pretty sure they’re opening a Wahlburgers in Carmel too. Haven’t had it but am excited to try it out. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HoosierJax said:

Im just passing along a statement from a article that was passed to me...as far as im concerned his shipped sailed when he committed to Kentucky ...he made his bed now he can lay in it. IU is going to be just fine ...besides a steak dont need Ketchup 

listing-256-brooks%20burger%201.jpg?itok=JQlXIl1E

I'll say this...ketchup kid can go on one of these Burgers!! Best burger I've ever had! If there are 5 better in the country I'd love to taste them. If you are ever in Naples grab a burger and milkshake...you can thank me later!

8 minutes ago, dgambill said:

listing-256-brooks%20burger%201.jpg?itok=JQlXIl1E

I'll say this...ketchup kid can go on one of these Burgers!! Best burger I've ever had! If there are 5 better in the country I'd love to taste them. If you are ever in Naples grab a burger and milkshake...you can thank me later!

5-guys and In&Out Burger are the best places i have been that are chain like joints

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

5-guys and In&Out Burger are the best places i have been that are chain like joints

Yeah not a chain...they did open up a couple more locations here in town. Just thought it was ironic because IT IS the best I've ever had and the name correlation lol. I know there are a few Naples guys on here that would likely agree with me. Amazing! Dogs are great too!

Edited by dgambill
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Seeking6 said:

Anybody in or around Jeffersonville should check out Torchy's.  They are an institution in Austin and their tacos are legit amazing with their breakfast tacos being choice.  Been wanting to franchise one of those, since I had them over a decade ago. Finally starting to expand, but no franchising yet.  Hoping for one in Indy soon. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

Had the Wahlburgers on Cincinnati,  pretty good. Wife was hoping Donnie would be there

There is one open and opening in Carmel and, I agree, it is pretty darn good, however still partial to Shake Shack and miss Elevation Burger in the Indy area.  I believe they are out of Denver.  So good and their fries are cooked in olive oil.

Edited by IUALUM03
  • Like 2

I think the walhburgers venture in or around Indy had been slowed down by covid.  

I will say though, there hasn't been one restaurant that I have been to in the last 3 months that I haven't noticed a spike in pricing.  

For instance.  If you haven't had the Smokehouse pizza from Big Woods.  Do so asap.  Call in to place your order unless you enjoy automatically giving grubhub $5.  I was about to do an online order and noticed a $5 difference from the menu I was just looking at, so I called.  They said oh yeah(paraphrase) that's basically what grubhub steals from you and us.  Screw them.  Pay cash.  Talk to humans.  Keep it local.  

Edited by NotIThatLives

12 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

There is one open and opening in Carmel and, I agree, it is pretty darn good, however still partial to Shake Shack and miss Elevation Burger in the Indy area.  I believe they are out of Denver.  So good and their fries are cooked in olive oil.

We go there when we visit my son in Cincy

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, IUALUM03 said:

Elevation burger was the one at the fashion mall right? I miss that place too. 

3 hours ago, Stlboiler23 said:

Pretty sure they’re opening a Wahlburgers in Carmel too. Haven’t had it but am excited to try it out. 

Next Tuesday. That whole roundabout area is already congested. Can't wait to see how their curbside pickup works! Will be a zoo  for weeks. Best plan is to probably park in Kroger and walk across the street.....playing Frogger.

Regarding the Portal. I think we'll have moves all spring/summer.....imagine some of these guys who declare for draft but don't think they'll get drafted. Want to return but their spot has been filled...or the other way....they return and someone else leaves because they wanted to take the minutes of the guy leaving.

Complete mess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

Regarding the Portal. I think we'll have moves all spring/summer.....imagine some of these guys who declare for draft but don't think they'll get drafted. Want to return but their spot has been filled...or the other way....they return and someone else leaves because they wanted to take the minutes of the guy leaving.

Complete mess.

The hell with the portlet....I like the burger talk better.

• Like 1

• bluegrassIU changed the title to Transfer Portal......and LeBron James and other off season tangents.