Minnesota Game Thread

5fouls

1 minute ago, bluegrassIU said:

Man, our fans have to he the quickest at "bench this guy, start this guy" after every 5 minute stretch of basketball. 

i agree that many are too high or too low after one game, but then again, when you have guys that are pretty close to the same level (and i think we do other than Race and TJD) maybe base each day a little more heavily and change a guy here and there playing time/role wise.  

1 minute ago, NCHoosier32 said:

i'd like to see us run more plays for him coming off screens.  if not, it's barely worth having him on the floor.  same with Leal, but he doesn't really get on the floor anymore.  

Others, including you, can talk better about his defense. but to me he seems to bring good effort and energy. Just having his ability to hit threes has to be addressed by the other team, which has to help TJD. Our overall energy and focus is not great at the moment. btw.

5 minutes ago, bluegrassIU said:

Man, our fans have to he the quickest at "bench this guy, start this guy" after every 5 minute stretch of basketball. 

It was actually after an entire half of him not doing a single thing of value but ya, cool comment…7 minutes into the second half, statement stands 

1 minute ago, IUDan93 said:

Others, including you, can talk better about his defense. but to me he seems to bring good effort and energy. Just having his ability to hit threes has to be addressed by the other team, which has to help TJD. Our overall energy and focus is not great at the moment. btw.

yeah.  i get that.  i actually don't talk about his D specifically though.  i just don't see the energy part standing out.  not dogging his effort.  i just don't see him as an "energy guy."  i'm not really down on him, but i think his ballhandling and passing are subpar and defense is okay.  if we're not getting him shots, the only benefit is making them defend him and not sag in the lane.  

• Like 1