Wisconsin Pre Game Thread

HoosierDPU95

Looking at the last game we played them in Madison, 3 things stood out...

Chris Vogt's 9 points tied his season high (he had 9 against Nichols St too)  and his 6 boards were a conference game high for him...In the last 5 Wisconsin games he's scored a total of 8 points...

We shot almost as well from 3 (5-13) as we did from the FT line (6-13)

Trayce had a poor game (9 points, 6 boards)

As I said, I think physically we match up well with Wisconsin...Mentally? Not so sure...

And (just for @btownqb and @BGleas :D ) as Coach Knight said  "Mental toughness is to physical as four is to one."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm not sure I get it with Kopp. I consider myself above average knowledgeable in terms of the game of basketball. I've had to opportunity to break down my share of video for a well respected coach and the best I can come up with; he has a reasonably high basketball IQ, and seems to be in the right position on both sides of the ball. There's absolutely no position on the court that he can guard and on almost every night since Syracuse his opposite number has out-performed him on paper. 

Someone said that Galloway has had one good game......smh. He's had one bad one. For CMW to be critical of one game after the kid played out of position at NW and played his ass his off, I found that to be a bit much. 

I predicted 22 wins at the beginning of the season and mentioned that the one thing I felt CMW would have the others didn't; I said he wouldn't lose the locker room. 

18 wins and the NIT gang. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ba43056 said:

I'm not sure I get it with Kopp. I consider myself above average knowledgeable in terms of the game of basketball. I've had to opportunity to break down my share of video for a well respected coach and the best I can come up with; he has a reasonably high basketball IQ, and seems to be in the right position on both sides of the ball. There's absolutely no position on the court that he can guard and on almost every night since Syracuse his opposite number has out-performed him on paper. 

Someone said that Galloway has had one good game......smh. He's had one bad one. For CMW to be critical of one game after the kid played out of position at NW and played his ass his off, I found that to be a bit much. 

I predicted 22 wins at the beginning of the season and mentioned that the one thing I felt CMW would have the others didn't; I said he wouldn't lose the locker room. 

18 wins and the NIT gang. 

He was bad against Michigan, as well. 

I don't want TG off the bench because of the MSU game. I want him off the bench because our team is better with him there and looks way more in sync when he comes off the bench. Saturday was not good. Kopp played 12 mins. 

Holy poop it's not a TG vs. MK thing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

And him starting along with XJ getting into foul trouble really left us in a tough spot. Staggering their play early in the game seems to work better. But hey, I'm not an NBA coach and it was only a one game sample size. 

I am not sure if you're for Galloway starting or Kopp starting.  But anyways.  I don't give 2 shits who stars.  I am out of this conversation

Huge game tonight. I think we snowball from the result of this, for better or worse. A win tonight and I think we are looking at 20 or 21 regular season wins  

We could win and really put together so positive momentum to end the year with a number of wins. We have a very manageable schedule the rest of the way, it’s much more of a mindset and focus thing at this point. This team can beat most anyone but there isn’t much margin for error, so we have to be locked in.

A loss tonight… and we probably only win 2 or maybe 3 the rest of the way. I don’t love say games are must win, but this kinda feels like it. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, IowaHoosierFan said:

I am not sure if you're for Galloway starting or Kopp starting.  But anyways.  I don't give 2 shits who stars.  I am out of this conversation

I never cared. 

I think, especially if Rob is out, to start the game TG and XJs mins need to be staggered. 

Outside of that. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

I think the thing with Kopp is he is underutilized.  I'd like to see us get him some more shots within the offense.  He is going to have a tough time creating for himself though.  I'd love to see things click with him.  By that I mean the others clicking with him in getting him shots.  This means X.  This means the bigs.  I am not saying you treat him like Alford.  But get the guy some looks.  We don't have that many other options anyway.  

We just aren't good at the wings yet.  Thus, a proven senior in this league in Kopp needs to be optimized.  Like now.  We are running out of time.

Edited by BobSaccamanno
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HoosierDPU95 said:

My projection: we lose a heartbreaker 59-61 (in regulation) and spend 8 pages of post-game thread talking about horrendous free throw shooting, lineup changes, and Trayce's lack of a jump shot. 😔

Don't forget the state of the program chatter that happens after every single game. Even in year 1 with a new guy....we always have to evaluate the program. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2