Maryland II Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

14 hours ago, BGleas said:

I mean, it's a subjective thing. Some probably really like them. I'd bet some of the worst thought of NBA or MLB uni's are probably some of the highest selling retro jersey's now. 

You're not wrong. It just looks like they kinda halfa$$ed to me. I am 100% sure there is meaning and context to the accents they put into the uniforms that I am ignorant to, but if you're guna embrace and celebrate something, go all out. I said somewhere else....twitter i think, these looked like the 4th place jerseys in a rebranding campaign they retro fit for a cause.  Hell, if we are celebrating Black History month, change the white jerseys for black and keep the red piping with the same accents so the colors and design really pop against the black.  

17 minutes ago, 3Ballin said:

You're not wrong. It just looks like they kinda halfa$$ed to me. I am 100% sure there is meaning and context to the accents they put into the uniforms that I am ignorant to, but if you're guna embrace and celebrate something, go all out. I said somewhere else....twitter i think, these looked like the 4th place jerseys in a rebranding campaign they retro fit for a cause.  Hell, if we are celebrating Black History month, change the white jerseys for black and keep the red piping with the same accents so the colors and design really pop against the black.  

IU put out a press release with the announcement that explains the significance of each element. 

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2022/2/23/mens-basketball-indiana-to-wear-honoring-black-excellence-jerseys-against-maryland.aspx

Again, it's all subjective. They're not going to please all of the people all of the time. Lots of people seem to really like them as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BGleas said:

IU put out a press release with the announcement that explains the significance of each element. 

https://iuhoosiers.com/news/2022/2/23/mens-basketball-indiana-to-wear-honoring-black-excellence-jerseys-against-maryland.aspx

Again, it's all subjective. They're not going to please all of the people all of the time. Lots of people seem to really like them as well. 

Let's just hope tomorrows headline doesn't read "Hoosiers Deflowered by Maryland".....

• Haha 4

18 hours ago, btownqb said:

Woah. Dont go too far...

Hey ima sucker for an authentic jersey.  If I can get a custom one with Vic’s number, or a retro 87 one with Alford/Smarts number I would get that all day.  No names but real authentic quality jersey.  I can go to a White Sox game or a UMich football game and get them, IU should be selling them as well.

One of the reasons I am not a fan of adidas as our supplier.  They are way behind the times on things like this and the variety they offer.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, iuthruandthru said:

Hey ima sucker for an authentic jersey.  If I can get a custom one with Vic’s number, or a retro 87 one with Alford/Smarts number I would get that all day.  No names but real authentic quality jersey.  I can go to a White Sox game or a UMich football game and get them, IU should be selling them as well.

One of the reasons I am not a fan of adidas as our supplier.  They are way behind the times on things like this and the variety they offer.

You're 100% correct. Adidas sucks. Shoes are solid, apparel is poop. Watching the baseball games this weekend vs. Clemson it was so ungodly evident how much nicer the Nike jerseys were compared to the Adidas ones. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BGleas said:

So, we've gone from Hayden Fry painting the visitor's locker room pink to get in the opposing team's head, to IU wearing pink flowers on their uniforms.

Fry earned a Master's degree in psychology as a student at Baylor University, and legend has it he read that pink can have a calming effect on a person.

"When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him," Fry wrote in his book, A High Porch. "I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us."