Maryland II Pre Game Thread

IUFLA

When: Thursday, February 24th 7 PM EST

Where: Simon-Skojdt Assembly Hall, Bloomington, Indiana

TV: FS1

Maryland's record 13-14 (5-11, 11th in Big Ten)

Games since our last meeting in late January (And also the high point of the season for us, when we were 16-5 and 7-4 in conference play

image.png.440b645352fa137706b712498cf75abc.png

image.png.c575f2726f4743b90098793262fb21f9.png

Box Score from our meeting at Maryland in January

image.png.3ebc2f20813ad1121335b88dbe5ec65c.png

We did a good job on Scott, Ayala, and Russell last time, and we need to do it again...All 3 are talented, and if you let them start fast, they can beat you. Our bench outscored their bench 19-3. Our defense held them to 29% overall shooting (43% is their average) and 25% from 3 (34%). XJ had a subpar shooting night, but did and excellent job on ultra-quick PG Fatts Russell. 

They are 3-5 on the road in conference, with the most impressive win being against Rutgers at the RAC (Jersey Mike's Arena). 

We really need this one...

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Hippopotamo said:

I’m still feeling confident. We should be able to beat Maryland at home, and if we lose then I’ll feel confident that we aren’t going to the tournament. 

Any word on Galloway, Phinisee or Lander? I like our chances too, but I like them better if we're not having to use Parker Stewart as a back-up PG and have some overall depth at guard...

How many players will be available for IU? This should be a win at home but when you are down to one PG who has a tendency to pick up fouls it's a lot closer than the last meeting. Also, you never know when half the team may want to go out and forget that pesky team curfew rule. So that's a concern you have to keep in mind.

58 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Any word on Galloway, Phinisee or Lander? I like our chances too, but I like them better if we're not having to use Parker Stewart as a back-up PG and have some overall depth at guard...

Is Lander alright?  There was a post on Btownbanners that he had put out a cry for help on Tik Tok and it had been reported to the University.

15 minutes ago, dbmhoosier said:

Is Lander alright?  There was a post on Btownbanners that he had put out a cry for help on Tik Tok and it had been reported to the University.

I don't know...I read what he allegedly posted and it was disturbing...Looking at his other content (I know on twitter it's tweets, but TikTok? TiTos? ;) ) it kinda showed me a confused kid...Most of it about girls/love...Those are tough waters to navigate for an 18 year old kid...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1