2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

8 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Shōta Imanaga 🙂

He looked great today. I watched most of the game. It didn't hurt it was a cold day at Wrigley with wind blowing in, but still...shutout, no hitter into the 6th inning. It is hard to watch Morel play 3rd...I would like him much better as DH. Good guys win...2-2 record now. Go Cubs Go!!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FritzIam4IU said:

He looked great today. I watched most of the game. It didn't hurt it was a cold day at Wrigley with wind blowing in, but still...shutout, no hitter into the 6th inning. It is hard to watch Morel play 3rd...I would like him much better as DH. Good guys win...2-2 record now. Go Cubs Go!!

Didn't get to watch it, but just watched the highlights on MLB TV... He did look sharp...

And nice to see Bellinger knock in a couple...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

For all of you NL guys, has anyone noticed what team in the NL Central and is in 1st place with an undefeated record at 5-0 so far??

The Pirates started last year red hot as well.  Think they were still leading the division at the end of April.  

16 minutes ago, Proud2BAHoosier said:

For all of you NL guys, has anyone noticed what team in the NL Central and is in 1st place with an undefeated record at 5-0 so far??

The Bucs have brought back the Lumber Company, it seems.  Swinging some nasty bats!  😊

5 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Reds are winning playing dumb.  Imagine how good they would be if they played smart.

Just win, baby!!   😂😂.  It’s four freaking games!  Relax.  😁

Edited by jv1972iu
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Reds are winning playing dumb.  Imagine how good they would be if they played smart.

2 minutes ago, jv1972iu said:

Just win, baby!!   😂😂.  It’s four freaking games!  Relax.  😁

Did you guys see the play in the 1st when India tried to score on the SF? What the hell was CES doing? That was in signal to slide? 

9 minutes ago, IUFLA said:

Did you guys see the play in the 1st when India tried to score on the SF? What the hell was CES doing? That was in signal to slide? 

Yeah…they definitely screwed that up.  The Reds really believe that aggressive base running is important.  It was going to be a close play, so someone needed to signal India to get down.  I thought India would slide no matter what since it was a pretty shallow fly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IUFLA said:

I saw the pkay live, but never paid attention to the details on replay.  But, from what I heard, CES did not properly give him the slide signal.

That said, if I'm India, and I know the fly ball is not deep, you gotta consider taking a peek yourself.  The throw was so high, no way he gets tagged out if he slides.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

I saw the pkay live, but never paid attention to the details on replay.  But, from what I heard, CES did not properly give him the slide signal.

That said, if I'm India, and I know the fly ball is not deep, you gotta consider taking a peek yourself.  The throw was so high, no way he gets tagged out if he slides.

CES was directly behind home plate (rather than on the 1st base side where India could have actually seen him) and was just pointing down with his index finger...I actually laughed when I saw the replay...

CES kinda atoned later...On an 0-2 count from Hoffman (who'd thrown 2 sliders that CES missed by a foot) he lined a single up the middle on a fastball right down the pipe (which, had I been Robby Thompson, I would have asked Hoffman what the hell he was doing throwing an 0-2 fastball anywhere NEAR the strike zone)...

• Like 1

Cubs win 12-2 over Rockies to make it 3 straight and 3-2 overall. I think they had 4 homers today…bellinger got a shot off the scoreboard and cooper was a single shy of the cycle. Assad had good start with 6 shutout innings. Hoping for a sweep tomorrow! Go cubs go!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, FritzIam4IU said:

Cubs win 12-2 over Rockies to make it 3 straight and 3-2 overall. I think they had 4 homers today…bellinger got a shot off the scoreboard and cooper was a single shy of the cycle. Assad had good start with 6 shutout innings. Hoping for a sweep tomorrow! Go cubs go!!

• Like 2

I know Joc Peterson wore pearls a couple of years ago, but Jorge Barrosa of the D Backs wearing what looks like an expensive diamond necklace versus the Yankees...

image.png.dc59b698e0c152ce499a8d990fd8dcc3.png

I don't know if it's real or not, but if it is 😮 

On 3/31/2024 at 5:13 PM, 5fouls said:

@Naturalhoosier  Not a good start to the Joe Espada era in Houston.  

Just seeing this. Wrapping up our stay in the Cayman Islands. Slooooow start for my Stros. The bullpen is struggling hardcore.  Makes me crazy in the head. Ah well. All I can do is continue rooting them on!  Like the old adage goes, “That’s why they play 162”.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

Just seeing this. Wrapping up our stay in the Cayman Islands. Slooooow start for my Stros. The bullpen is struggling hardcore.  Makes me crazy in the head. Ah well. All I can do is continue rooting them on!  Like the old adage goes, “That’s why they play 162”.  

Or

“No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference.”
― Tommy Lasorda

;)