2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

1 hour ago, Billingsley99 said:

I heard someone say that the prospects that the National really wanted were those the Padres just went out and got with the sole purpose of getting Soto. That's great management.  Putting together a team to truly compete with the Dodgers for a while. 

All the prospects that the Nationals got was already in the Padres system.  Gore and Abraham's was already on the major league roster. Hasill was their top prospect and was a player brought up when they were looking at Castillo.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

Wonder why the Orioles btraded their starting 1B and closer when they are only a couple games out of the wild card.

No clue on that one maybe just knowing they can't beat the Yankees so try for more prospects in a year or two.

Stinks on Drury for Reds. Padres really going for it. 

9 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

No clue on that one maybe just knowing they can't beat the Yankees so try for more prospects in a year or two.

Stinks on Drury for Reds. Padres really going for it. 

Man I leave the Reds site for 5 minutes and they make another trade.  I was hoping to resign him for a couple of years. They got the Padres #6 prospect which probably is a good return for a 2 month rental. Also will the Padres have any minor Leaguers left

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

At this point all I can think is Jed Hoyer overplayed his hand and the asking price was a bit much. Talk about awkward. So now Jed has two choices. Deal him for less than you wanted and everyone in baseball knew you were BS on asking price......or let him walk and get nothing. Atta boy Jed! 

43 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

At this point all I can think is Jed Hoyer overplayed his hand and the asking price was a bit much. Talk about awkward. So now Jed has two choices. Deal him for less than you wanted and everyone in baseball knew you were BS on asking price......or let him walk and get nothing. Atta boy Jed! 

Cubs NOT trading Contreras and Happ, source tells
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Billingsley99 said:

At this point are the 2 biggest winners the Padres and Astros? I thought the Mets and Yankees would go big

I think the Yankees did a pretty damn good job. Three arms out of the pen and Benintendi. Like getting Effross to me is a big deal. 

Obviously the Padres won, I mean my goodness. Bell and Soto? 

Someone mentioned the Twins did very well too. 

• Like 2

Most of the prospects the Reds got are still a few years away so it will be interesting to see who the position players will be next year. Next year 

C Stephenson

1B Votto final year of contract

2B India 

SS Farmer 

3B ?

LF ?

CF Senzel 

RF ?

DH Moose

Edited by IU Scott

45 minutes ago, btownqb said:

I think the Yankees did a pretty damn good job. Three arms out of the pen and Benintendi. Like getting Effross to me is a big deal. 

Obviously the Padres won, I mean my goodness. Bell and Soto? 

Someone mentioned the Twins did very well too. 

Not sure why they traded away Montgomery but I’m glad they did.