2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

6 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

That roster did make it and got shutout in both games.  I rather tear it down and actually bring on guys who can actually be difference makers over just bringing guys in that are average players.

My point is that the Reds tore apart a competitive team to rebuild?  Why didn't they trade for Baez or Bryant last year?  They could have made a splash if they wanted to make the team better for a play off push.  Tear down?  I think they should have added to it.

7 minutes ago, rico said:

That should raise his BA a point or two....

Last two nights, I've watched every AB... he's had two awful strikes go against him. 

Phillies are playing very well currently. 32-18 since June 1. 

I was in Boston on Mon and Tues... we went to Fenway both nights, incredible experience. Baseball is certainly alive and well there. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, rico said:

My point is that the Reds tore apart a competitive team to rebuild?  Why didn't they trade for Baez or Bryant last year?  They could have made a splash if they wanted to make the team better for a play off push.  Tear down?  I think they should have added to it.

Those two players hasn't done anything with their new teams.

2 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Castellanos and Winker would both be performing better in Great American Ballpark.  

I am not convinced being tied to them long term was the correct move, but I understand being PO'ed they've sucked for this long. 

Getting rid of Dusty Baker never made sense... and since then, it's been a disaster. I think its more than reasonable to be mad about past blunders... but also accept where they are currently.... is actually a pretty decent spot, simply if you look at young talent.... 

Greene, Ashcraft, Lodolo, Ashcraft, Stephenson is a nice place to start. 

Throw in this most recent trade... 🤞

I wish they would have just extended one of Mahle or Castillo, though. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Agree 100% with this.  I absolutely loved having Dusty as manager.  

At the point, I had watched like 1.5 years of baseball and knew that wasn't logical. I was watching every Reds game at that point.

Votto, Rolen, Phillips, Bruce, Cozart (later on), Latos, Cueto, Chapman, Arroyo. Enjoyable group.... and then Cueto gets hurt in the playoffs and is DB's fault? Idk. It made no sense. 

Edited by btownqb

3 hours ago, rico said:

Bad contracts?

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Contracts that killed the Reds. On hindsight the Reds should have trade Votto instead of resigning him to that contract. The Cardinals knew it was time to let Pulos go elsewhere instead of signing him to that long contract.

Kind of. All of those players the Reds signed to extensions under Castellini’s ownership. This narrative that the Reds ownership doesn’t give extensions is wrong. They’ve likely learned from past mistakes that turned into bad contracts as players aged. 

6 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

Kind of. All of those players the Reds signed to extensions under Castellini’s ownership. This narrative that the Reds ownership doesn’t give extensions is wrong. They’ve likely learned from past mistakes that turned into bad contracts as players aged. 

There was nothing wrong with Suarez's extension.  The Reds just simply gave up on him.

Just now, rico said:

Disagree.  Not drinking the kool-aid.

What Kool Aid you talking about.  The roster they had was totally flawed with the same type of players.  They all were DH type players because of their defensive liabilities and guys who struck out at a alarming rate.  This is the first time in a long time I can actually see a plan on place. They are getting more athletic players who will be able to move to different positions and will play with more speed.

1 minute ago, IU Scott said:

What Kool Aid you talking about.  The roster they had was totally flawed with the same type of players.  They all were DH type players because of their defensive liabilities and guys who struck out at a alarming rate.  This is the first time in a long time I can actually see a plan on place. They are getting more athletic players who will be able to move to different positions and will play with more speed.

LOL.  Whatever.  The Reds blew up a competitive team.  They could have added to it but they blew it up.  

Just now, IU Scott said:

Reds retook the lead in the bottom of 8th with a Drury home run. By the way Drury is having a lot better season than Suarez.

Only problem is that we got Buck Farmer trying to save the game.

Suarez plays for a winner, Drury does not.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

Those two players hasn't done anything with their new teams.

They would’ve been better playing 1/2 their games at GABP but it’s still a gamble with aging players . Winker has also always been a very expensive platoon player who’s not very good defensively.