2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

2 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Reds brought in Diaz there best reliever in the 8th and got the Marlins 1-2-3 on 9 pitches but didn't let him come out for the 9th. Brought in Strickland and his 5.65 era

Strickland with the save on 10 pitches, 8 strikes, 1 hit.  Lowered his era to 4.95, I believe.  Guess it worked out okay.   😂

21 hours ago, IU Scott said:

They got 3 pretty good rookies right now and a couple in the minors.  I doubt after next year the Reds could keep Castillo so they will probably trade him.

I'll take proven results over potential any day of the week.  

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

If you don't trade him then you will lose him for nothing in a year and a half.

Well, they COULD quit being cheap bastards and re-sign him. 

Go to Votto and see if he's willing to defer some of his contract, a-la Bobby Bonilla.

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

Well, they COULD quit being cheap bastards and re-sign him. 

Go to Votto and see if he's willing to defer some of his contract, a-la Bobby Bonilla.

I just don't see paying a starting pitcher huge money if they don't even pitch 200 innings any longer.  It is to dangerous to give huge money to a 30 year old pitcher especially for small market teams.  If they are smart like TB who does a great job of scouting and developing young players they can keep a pipeline of young players from their system. When those young guys get to free agent year then trade them for more prospects.

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I just don't see paying a starting pitcher huge money if they don't even pitch 200 innings any longer.  It is to dangerous to give huge money to a 30 year old pitcher especially for small market teams.  If they are smart like TB who does a great job of scouting and developing young players they can keep a pipeline of young players from their system. When those young guys get to free agent year then trade them for more prospects.

I never understand why the Reds have to model themselves after the Rays. Why not model themselves after the Cardinals. If ownership is cheap, sell the team. Cardinals are not a big market team but they have owners who want to win. You shouldn’t buy a team to make a yearly profit, you buy it to make money when you SELL the team. If you don’t have the liquidity to spend the $$ get out. Cheap ownership is the Reds issue. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

I never understand why the Reds have to model themselves after the Rays. Why not model themselves after the Cardinals. If ownership is cheap, sell the team. Cardinals are not a big market team but they have owners who want to win. You shouldn’t buy a team to make a yearly profit, you buy it to make money when you SELL the team. If you don’t have the liquidity to spend the $$ get out. Cheap ownership is the Reds issue. 

The Cardinals let Pulos go when they thought it was not financially responsible to sign him to a long term cono

2 hours ago, rico said:

Yep.  The Cards are a well ran organization.

Always have been. That's what they've always been competitive despite being in a smaller market.

They're the team that developed the "farm system" back in 1919. 

Branch Rickey was a genius... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, OGIUAndy said:

Everybody should want to model themselves after the Rays. Seemingly everything working against that franchise: small market in a region full of transplant, largely disinterested fans, ugly indoor stadium, same division as Boston and New York, and a low payroll that more or less guarantees any star they happen to draft and develop will be purchased by someone with more money when he hits free agency. But the Rays just keep finding ways to win in spite of all that. 

3 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Needs to work on the .205 average.

Do you think the new shifting rules will effect his BA some? I understand his strike outs are high... but.. the shift has made a lot of LHB change their swings quite bit. 

Seems like he should have a ton of balls that eat up 2B. 

32 minutes ago, btownqb said:

Do you think the new shifting rules will effect his BA some? I understand his strike outs are high... but.. the shift has made a lot of LHB change their swings quite bit. 

Seems like he should have a ton of balls that eat up 2B. 

Yes, I think the new shift rules will be huge, not only for Schwarber, but for 80% of all left handed hitters.

• Like 2