2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

On 7/25/2022 at 12:40 PM, 5fouls said:

If my 'average' first baseman had the following stats, I would be happy.  These are Stephenson's 2022 stats projected over 150 games.

.319 average

.854 OPS

130 OPS plus

18 HR

105 RBI

5.1 WAR

I can see why moving him would be beneficial. I just don’t know if the Reds will do it. Especially if he’s adamant he doesn’t want to do it. 

11 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Still don't understand managers today.  The Marlins pitcher has been dominate through 7 innings giving up only 1 run and 2 hits 11 K's and no walks 94 pitches. They are taking out the pitcher with a 2-1 lead.

Maybe he told the manager he was out of gas?

42 minutes ago, rico said:

I really, really, really don't want robot zone but I also really, really hate bad calls each and every day that impact games. If my team was fighting for a playoff spot and it came down to 1 game in September all those bad calls from April to August add up.

32 minutes ago, Seeking6 said:

I really, really, really don't want robot zone but I also really, really hate bad calls each and every day that impact games. If my team was fighting for a playoff spot and it came down to 1 game in September all those bad calls from April to August add up.

They’re frustrating but missed calls are part of the game. Even the robo umps that have experimented with in the minors have had bad strike calls. Partially because the strike zone changes with every hitter. Even the boxes they put on tv aren’t always accurate which doesn’t help umpires. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

They’re frustrating but missed calls are part of the game. Even the robo umps that have experimented with in the minors have had bad strike calls. Partially because the strike zone changes with every hitter. Even the boxes they put on tv aren’t always accurate which doesn’t help umpires. 

If you throw out Angel Hernandez I would bet most Umps operate over 95% on balls and strikes and that might be too low. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I heard in Russia that a 7 year old boy was playing chess against a robot and the Robot grabbed the kids finger and broke it.  If that is the case I would love to see a player or manager argue with a robot ump

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

They adjust the strike zone for each hitter... Painstakingly calculated...

You guys have been listening to Joe West's BS... 

Gee, I wonder why?  

"But that's not to say all umpires are as bad as they're made out to be. The likes of John Libka, Tripp Gibson, and Pat Holberg are all examples of umpires who are consistent in their accuracy, all scoring accuracies above 95%.
Just as there are consistently accurate umpires, there are umpires who have been shown to be less accurate. Umpires like Rob Drake, Angel Hernandez, and the retired Joe West are all cases of umpires who scored accuracies between 91-92.7%, which may not sound horrible compared to the 95% of the aforementioned umpires. 
However, according to the data, these mistakes would have a run impact of 1.5-1.6 per game, when compared to Libka, Gibson, and Holberg, who all had sub-1.00 run impacts, it shows that they do make a difference in how the games pan out."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IU Scott said:

I heard in Russia that a 7 year old boy was playing chess against a robot and the Robot grabbed the kids finger and broke it.  If that is the case I would love to see a player or manager argue with a robot ump

The robo ump is a regular ump. Who gets told if a pitch is a ball or strike based on some kind of stat cast type system 

1 hour ago, IUFLA said:

Gee, I wonder why?  

"But that's not to say all umpires are as bad as they're made out to be. The likes of John Libka, Tripp Gibson, and Pat Holberg are all examples of umpires who are consistent in their accuracy, all scoring accuracies above 95%.
Just as there are consistently accurate umpires, there are umpires who have been shown to be less accurate. Umpires like Rob Drake, Angel Hernandez, and the retired Joe West are all cases of umpires who scored accuracies between 91-92.7%, which may not sound horrible compared to the 95% of the aforementioned umpires. 
However, according to the data, these mistakes would have a run impact of 1.5-1.6 per game, when compared to Libka, Gibson, and Holberg, who all had sub-1.00 run impacts, it shows that they do make a difference in how the games pan out."

I know this. I’m just stating that not every umpire adjusts the same way and the robo umps that have been tested with haven’t either. 

11 minutes ago, DC2345 said:

I know this. I’m just stating that not every umpire adjusts the same way and the robo umps that have been tested with haven’t either. 

Well, it is being used at the AAA level with success... Only a matter of time... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IUFLA said:

Gee, I wonder why?  

Never knew the exact numbers. Thanks for sharing. 1.5 runs per game of an impact? Robo time unless someone can point me in a better direction besides the bad calls are part of it deal. 

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Never knew the exact numbers. Thanks for sharing. 1.5 runs per game of an impact? Robo time unless someone can point me in a better direction besides the bad calls are part of it deal. 

I am just tired of sports becoming so sterile and with no personality to the game.  I just like the human element to sports and they are trying to take all of this away.  Players aren't perfect so are we just going to have robots playing the game as well.  How about just have all games played on a simulator

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I am just tirec of sports becoming so sterile and with no personality to the game.  I just like the human element to dporys and they are trying to take all of this away.  Players aren't perfect do are we just going to have robots playing the game as well.  How about just have all games played on a simulator

ESPN Dporys?

I would love for the Reds to be able to keep guys like Drury, Salano, Farmer and Reynolds for the future.  They are just really good professional ball players who know how to hit.  The problem is all of them our mainly infielders and most of the the top prospects for the Refs are infielders.

If the 7th inning was Castillo's last as a Red it was pretty impressive. Going into the inning the Reds were up 5-2 but the Marlins first 3 guys got on and scored a run.  With runners on 2nd and 3rd and no outs Castillo struck out the next 3 batters. Going into the inning he had only had 67 pitches but threw 25 in the 7th so that was probably his last inning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

If the 7th inning was Castillo's last as a Red it was pretty impressive. Going into the inning the Reds were up 5-2 but the Marlins first 3 guys got on and scored a run.  With runners on 2nd and 3rd and no outs Castillo struck out the next 3 batters. Going into the inning he had only had 67 pitches but threw 25 in the 7th so that was probably his last inning.

I just wish for once they would keep a great pitcher on the team

1 minute ago, Billingsley99 said:

I just wish for once they would keep a great pitcher on the team

They got 3 pretty good rookies right now and a couple in the minors.  I doubt after next year the Reds could keep Castillo so they will probably trade him.

Edited by IU Scott