2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

27 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

What drives me crazy is seeing selfishness in some players today.  Especially late in games I see these full shifts and never see anyone try to put a bunt down. When the Reds played at the Yankees when Gallo was up the Reds actually played 4 Outfielders and 3 infielders. None of the infielders were on the left side of the infield and Gallo never tried to bunt or just hit it to the left side.  It wasn't just putting the second basemen in short right field but had 4 guys all in the outfield.

Chicks dig the long ball.

Not a good start for the Reds tonight. In the first inning Tyler Stephenson went out after getting hit by a foul ball and it looks bad. In the second binning the ump cost the Reds two runs. On a 3-2 count with two outs and  runners on 2nd and 3rd the pitch was definitely a strike but the ump called it a ball. Next batter hit a single to score 2 runs and that should have been an easy grounder to second but they were in a shift

18 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Need to move him to 1st base 

I agree.  Let Votto DH and fill in at first.  It's a shame because I thought Stephenson was a good catcher.  But I'd rather keep him in the lineup and lose his abilities behind the plate, than constantly worry about the next catching related injury.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

I agree.  Let Votto DH and fill in at first.  It's a shame because I thought Stephenson was a good catcher.  But I'd rather keep him in the lineup and lose his abilities behind the plate, than constantly worry about the next catching related injury.

TySteve is a good/great catcher depending on how you digest the stats/metrics for that position.  A position change would probably relegate him to above average.  He just doesn't have enough time in at the big league level to make a bona fide clear cut decision one way or the other.

With that being said he is on record as saying he wants to continue being a catcher.

47 minutes ago, rico said:

TySteve is a good/great catcher depending on how you digest the stats/metrics for that position.  A position change would probably relegate him to above average.  He just doesn't have enough time in at the big league level to make a bona fide clear cut decision one way or the other.

With that being said he is on record as saying he wants to continue being a catcher.

I certainly understand and agree with your statement and his feelings regarding his primary position.  My reaction was a knee jerk, for sure.  It came from the "the Reds can't catch a break" or better said "the Reds can break a catcher" mindset.   🙄

• Like 1