2022 through 2065 MLB Seasons

5fouls

Put me down for someone that wants to see TySteve play another position in 2023.  Natural fit for sharing first base and DH with Votto.  I mean a dude capable of consistently hitting .320 belongs in a lineup full time at any position.  And. while not a traditional power hitter, he does have good gap power.  those doubles are a valuable weapon just as a HR is.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

Put me down for someone that wants to see TySteve play another position in 2023.  Natural fit for sharing first base and DH with Votto.  I mean a dude capable of consistently hitting .320 belongs in a lineup full time at any position.  And. while not a traditional power hitter, he does have good gap power.  those doubles are a valuable weapon just as a HR is.  

Then what is Cincy gonna get offensively from the C position?  I am playing devil's advocate here.

18 minutes ago, rico said:

Then what is Cincy gonna get offensively from the C position?  I am playing devil's advocate here.

Well, if they know that Stephenson is not going to be behind the late, that will give them some incentive to at least look for an adequate MLB catcher.  You could likely get a decent one for 5-7 million.  As it stands, they didn't do that this year because they assumed they had Stephenson for 140 games.  Now that they know that won't happen, they can adjust the strategy going forward.  

6 hours ago, jv1972iu said:

Trade for Tucker Barnhart.   😁

6 hours ago, rico said:

It appears that the Reds should have held on to him for sure.

No they shouldn’t have. He hasn’t been good this year and is making 7.5 million. He can catch defensively but so can the guys the Reds have right now. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 5fouls said:

Well, if they know that Stephenson is not going to be behind the late, that will give them some incentive to at least look for an adequate MLB catcher.  You could likely get a decent one for 5-7 million.  As it stands, they didn't do that this year because they assumed they had Stephenson for 140 games.  Now that they know that won't happen, they can adjust the strategy going forward.  

Stephenson isn’t moving. He’s going to stick at catcher. He doesn’t want to move and it would cost him financially going forward and he has put in way to much time at catcher to give up on it because of a couple fluke injuries. He has a chance to be a top 5 catcher. If he moves to first base then he’s likely an average first baseman. They need to find a better second catcher but moving Stephenson to another position full time isn’t happening regardless of what many fans want.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DC2345 said:

Stephenson isn’t moving. He’s going to stick at catcher. He doesn’t want to move and it would cost him financially going forward and he has put in way to much time at catcher to give up on it because of a couple fluke injuries. He has a chance to be a top 5 catcher. If he moves to first base then he’s likely an average first baseman. They need to find a better second catcher but moving Stephenson to another position full time isn’t happening regardless of what many fans want.

More than a couple injuries.  He hurt his finger. Broken clavicle and had two concussions in the last year

3 hours ago, IU Scott said:

More than a couple injuries.  He hurt his finger. Broken clavicle and had two concussions in the last year

The finger and clavicle were fluky. The concussions are a concern but he’s made a change to his mask to help prevent that from happening again. 

8 hours ago, DC2345 said:

I agree with what you said there.  

15 hours ago, DC2345 said:

If my 'average' first baseman had the following stats, I would be happy.  These are Stephenson's 2022 stats projected over 150 games.

.319 average

.854 OPS

130 OPS plus

18 HR

105 RBI

5.1 WAR

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

If my 'average' first baseman had the following stats, I would be happy.  These are Stephenson's 2022 stats projected over 150 games.

.319 average

.854 OPS

130 OPS plus

18 HR

105 RBI

5.1 WAR

Looks good to me and a lot better than Votto will produce 

1 hour ago, 5fouls said:

.319 average

.854 OPS

130 OPS plus

18 HR

105 RBI

5.1 WAR

How about we go off of last years actual stats?

But if TySteve can get a 5+ WAR every year he can play wherever he wants.

12 minutes ago, rico said:

How about we go off of last years actual stats?

But if TySteve can get a 5+ WAR every year he can play wherever he wants.

He's developed a lot as a player over the last year.  Last year's stats would be misleading for where he is at now.  Happens to most young players. 

48 minutes ago, 5fouls said:

He's developed a lot as a player over the last year.  Last year's stats would be misleading for where he is at now.  Happens to most young players. 

Well, I will let him play 1B if you promise me he will be 5 or above in the WAR column.  6-7 would be even better.

Was is up 10-2 in the 5th against the Marlins. They have won 8 out of 12 and are 33-36 since they started 3-22. Injuries to India and Salano really hurt their offense early on.  Some of the Reds pickups this off season has produce pretty well like Drury, Pham, Salano,

Edited by IU Scott
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, IU Scott said:

Was is up 10-2 in the 5th against the Marlins. They have won 8 out of 12 and are 33-36 since they started 3-22. Injuries to India and Salano really hurt their offense early on.  Some of the Reds pickups this off season has produce pretty well like Drury, Pham, Salano,

If only Cincy could have played near .500 ball those first 25 games...

• Like 1

Contreras, Happ, and a few others all likely gone this week. Really sad to see Contreras go like this. Guy has been giving his heart and soul to an organization that has punted two seasons in a row. Yet...not a word from Hoyer or ownership. 

Cubs, Yankees, and Twins have (if you believe all the numbers/metrics) the best farm systems in baseball. I see no reason not to call them up but my guess is they won't because that probably triggers some service time credit on their contracts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeking6 said:

Contreras, Happ, and a few others all likely gone this week. Really sad to see Contreras go like this. Guy has been giving his heart and soul to an organization that has punted two seasons in a row. Yet...not a word from Hoyer or ownership. 

Cubs, Yankees, and Twins have (if you believe all the numbers/metrics) the best farm systems in baseball. I see no reason not to call them up but my guess is they won't because that probably triggers some service time credit on their contracts.

https://www.thescore.com/mlb/news/2385229/top-20-position-player-trade-candidates

• Like 1